Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2005, 11:28 PM   #16
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
While on the subject of the Lincoln (I am supposing it's the one in twoloud4urears21's sig.) why is the boot lid shaped for a wheel? Is the spare kept in the lid or something? With a bit more thought surely they could have figured out that laying it down would cause less body intrusion and easier boot access?
It was supposed to be a styling cue klinda thing. No they did not keep the spare there (as i've been told). Theres more cars like it and the company just did it for looks, dont really know why i guess it looks more 'luxurious' or w/e.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:56 PM   #17
tunertype
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Lamborghini wasn't even the first to use scissor doors like that. Just the most well known.

I could easily say your Lincoln didn't come with those wheels on it. Using wheels that aren't made by Lincon on your Lincoln is gay. IMO.

Does that make sense?

I thought lamborghini was the first one to use them in a production car the countach. They first appeared on a concept car which really doesn't count. They were also a utilitarian decision the doors on the countach were very long opening them normally you would shurely hit your neighboring car in a parking lot so the scissor style doors save space and keep you from hitting other peoples cars with your doors.
tunertype is offline   Reply With Quote