Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2005, 07:18 PM   #1
pizztank
CF Newbie

Chevy Cobalt

Hi, I am looking at the Cobalt , seems to be well liked by most auto reviewers, how about car-forum? I want a cheap dependable vehicle that is easy on gas, the Toyota and Hondas are nice but expensive,opinions welcome. I now drive a 1995 GrandAm,3.1 V6,was a nice car but at 202000Km it is time to retire it, ride is rough and repairs frequent.
pizztank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizztank
Hi, I am looking at the Cobalt , seems to be well liked by most auto reviewers, how about car-forum? I want a cheap dependable vehicle that is easy on gas, the Toyota and Hondas are nice but expensive,opinions welcome. I now drive a 1995 GrandAm,3.1 V6,was a nice car but at 202000Km it is time to retire it, ride is rough and repairs frequent.

I'd look into a slightly used (02-03) Civic EX or Acura EL. The Cobalt seems to be just a re-bodied Cavalier (not saying it is, just FEELS that way) with the same poor interior and engine that doesnt seem to be excellent on reliability nor have great gas mileage compared to the Corolla or Civic. Plus you know the Civic/EL will be short on shop visits

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 01:15 AM   #3
duffman200
CF Newbie

ur kidding me the engine is so awesome the 2.2 ecotec is one of the best motors ever made i mean its got computer controlled valve timing and u can get it im not sure if its turbo or super but i was surprised to hear they were doing it with the ecotec the engine is bullet proof im just wondering if it will be having the same old gasket problems nice car
duffman200 is offline   Reply With Quote