Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2005, 09:08 AM   #1
Ghost
CF Newbie

Street Racing Team

Hey everyone...I need some help. I'm moving down to the states pretty soon (about a month), and I plan on starting up a street racing team. Only problem is, I cant think of a team name. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone wants to lend a hand. Thank you
Old 05-15-2005, 05:51 PM   #2
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Hey everyone...I need some help. I'm moving down to the states pretty soon (about a month), and I plan on starting up a street racing team. Only problem is, I cant think of a team name. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone wants to lend a hand. Thank you
How about the; "Take it to the track" team?

Whywould you ever want to endanger your and others lives by street-racing? So you can save the 5 bucks that gives you a safe environment and electronic, reputable times?

3 of my friends dies street-racing, and another trashed his car. No bystander casualties yet, but that doesn't mean there won't be any. Take it to the track, I'll even show you where the closest one is and how to get there. Don't be an idiot and try to be cool by street-racing.

http://au.geocities.com/ozbrick850/c...ace_fatal.html
http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/...?oneclick=true
http://www.corral.net/Tragedies/Stre...201-Sacramento
http://www.partsamerica.com/Motorspo...ckProgram.aspx
DO NOT RACE ON THE STREETS
Old 05-15-2005, 07:54 PM   #3
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

You can never stop racing on the streets...ever since the freaking 1930's when cars started to have V8's and people were looking to go a lil faster...speed has been a disease that spreads like wildfire...once you get the speed bug...it rarely leaves you...

There are ways of doing it right...like having spotters at both ends and making ABSOLUTELY sure that there is no one coming and doing it in BFE...I mean no one coming out there...then you can street race just as you would at the track.

Who says people dont die at the track? Honestly...I'd feel worse if I died at the track after paying 15 bux to get one run where I died cuz some guy in the next lane w/his 800hp Foxbody took me out cuz his Posi didnt work and threw his car into my lane crushing my car against the wall and therefore crushing my legs...killing me. Man what a way to go.

But I am sorry about your friends...I knew people in HS who died due to street racing...but honestly...they werent smart about it...
Old 05-15-2005, 09:13 PM   #4
Ghost
CF Newbie

I've had friends that died in street racing accidents as well. And I do plan on renting out tracks for races. But I still love the whole "street racing" aspect of it. I dont really know what it is. Maybe it IS the risk, I couldnt honestly say, but I love it.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:30 PM   #5
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
I've had friends that died in street racing accidents as well. And I do plan on renting out tracks for races. But I still love the whole "street racing" aspect of it. I dont really know what it is. Maybe it IS the risk, I couldnt honestly say, but I love it.
Stay in Canada if you want to street race...
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:34 PM   #6
fudge
let's fighting love

It costs 170 for a trackday at Donnington Park. And they have so many regulations (noise limit, helmets etc). Plus there's still a risk of crashing.

Racers and spectators have been killed on the track, that's why you don't see Ayrton Senna, Alberto Ascari, Greg Moore, Gonzalo Rodriguez anymore.
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:41 PM   #7
Ghost
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge
It costs 170 for a trackday at Donnington Park. And they have so many regulations (noise limit, helmets etc). Plus there's still a risk of crashing.

Racers and spectators have been killed on the track, that's why you don't see Ayrton Senna, Alberto Ascari, Greg Moore, Gonzalo Rodriguez anymore.

Thanks man, I'll be sure to save up some extra money for trackdays...I didnt know they were that expensive.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:07 AM   #8
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISSANSPDR
But I am sorry about your friends...I knew people in HS who died due to street racing...but honestly...they werent smart about it...

Of course they weren't smart about it, they decided to do 80 over a cresting hill while trying to pass another car. But, doing any form of racing on the street isn't any smarter.

The ratio of deaths on the track to deaths on the street is completely skewed. Don't ever bring up that comparison again.

Quote:
I still love the whole "street racing" aspect of it. I dont really know what it is. Maybe it IS the risk, I couldnt honestly say, but I love it.
Them naybe you should do something that doesn't involve other's lives, like waving a knife closer and closer to your wrist until you cut yourself. That would be risky, how about doing that?
Old 05-16-2005, 08:58 AM   #9
Ghost
CF Newbie

Hey man, I just wanted some suggestions for team names, I dont want to start anything here
Old 05-16-2005, 08:59 AM   #10
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Hey man, I just wanted some suggestions for team names, I dont want to start anything here

What do you need a team for?
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:42 AM   #11
Ghost
CF Newbie

It's just something that some friends and I thought might be fun. You know...learning techniques, mechanics...and just having fun and hanging out...the racing aspect would be minimal..but we're all into cars, and thought it would be kind of cool to start our own team
Old 05-16-2005, 03:01 PM   #12
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

My local group is International Motorsports...obviously you cant take that...but think of something else
Old 05-16-2005, 03:36 PM   #13
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
It's just something that some friends and I thought might be fun. You know...learning techniques, mechanics...and just having fun and hanging out...the racing aspect would be minimal..but we're all into cars, and thought it would be kind of cool to start our own team
If you wanto make a team thats for tuning and creating cars, then go for something that represents you best.

3 fast 3 furious?

Just don't EVER street-race, it's not just your lives that you're risking, it's other's also.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:47 PM   #14
enzo#2
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
If you wanto make a team thats for tuning and creating cars, then go for something that represents you best.

3 fast 3 furious?

Just don't EVER street-race, it's not just your lives that you're risking, it's other's also.
Godlaus is 100% right. if you're going to streetrace then do it on a COMPLETELY empty road where you are COMPLETELY sure there are NO other cars. just don't race in town. a quick rush isn't worth someone's life.
enzo#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 05:49 PM   #15
fudge
let's fighting love

It's easy to say take it to the track but what if your local trackday only happens once every 2 months with limited spaces each time?

Not everone has decent and affordable racing facilities nearby.
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote