Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2004, 01:35 AM   #1
gonesurfing04
CF Newbie

ENGINE LIGHT HELP!?!?!?!

Hey I need some help, Im about to buy a car and and its a '91 honda civic hatch back. The guy im buying it from put a new 1.5L. sohc but i dont know what year it is. He said that the engine light comes on when he's low on gas and when he floors is the light comes on but other than that it harley ever comes on. He said that it has sometihng to do with like the fuel lines or something. If anyone has any info on what it might be Pleezzzzz help me. Thanks.
gonesurfing04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 02:02 AM   #2
SuperJew
I like pie.

yeah. dont buy the car!

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 02:50 AM   #3
gonesurfing04
CF Newbie

ENGINE LIGHT HELP!?!?!?!

Hey why do you say not to buy the car for?
Old 01-11-2004, 03:00 AM   #4
asa67_stang
CF Enthusiast

Re: ENGINE LIGHT HELP!?!?!?!

why shouldn't you buy the car?

i've got one damn good reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonesurfing04
The guy im buying it from put a new 1.5L. sohc but i dont know what year it is.
this means that the guy selling it doesn't know what year he put in, which means he didn't know what he was doing (or it means you didn't ask, if so, then the answer might change)

and the other stuff you described sounds like the car just has issues, they may not be big ones, but until you get it checked out by a mechanic, you wont' know if they are big issues

is there any particular reason why you are hunting this type of car down? or are you just looking for something reliable/fast/sporty/whatever?

i wish i knew now what i will know in thirty years, that would be nice...

the 'net has warped my fragile little mind
asa67_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 04:10 AM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Hey I need some help, Im about to buy a car and and its a '91 honda civic hatch back. The guy im buying it from put a new 1.5L. sohc but i dont know what year it is. He said that the engine light comes on when he's low on gas and when he floors is the light comes on but other than that it harley ever comes on. He said that it has sometihng to do with like the fuel lines or something. If anyone has any info on what it might be Pleezzzzz help me. Thanks.
If he knows what the problem is (he doesn't) why doesn't he just fix it. The car will be worth more and he can get more money for it then.

Being low on gas WILL NOT make the check engine light come on. He has a mess on his hands and is trying to unload it on you. If you really have to have this car, take it to a shop and find out how much it'll cost to fix BEFORE you buy it. If he did a butcher job on the engine change you might not even find a shop that will work on it. My advice is to find a different car.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 04:18 PM   #6
gonesurfing04
CF Newbie

ENGINE LIGHT HELP!?!?!?!

Yeah I dont know what year the engine is cause i didnt ask him but he does, and he said that he got it checked out and they said that it was like the fuel lines or something like that i dont quite remember but he said that it wasnt a big deal and that he would get it fixed for me if i wanted too and i told him i did but I want to know what it is incase I have anytihng like that again and was just wondering if anyone out there might have any answeres.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:32 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Yeah I dont know what year the engine is cause i didnt ask him but he does, and he said that he got it checked out and they said that it was like the fuel lines or something like that i dont quite remember but he said that it wasnt a big deal and that he would get it fixed for me if i wanted too and i told him i did but I want to know what it is incase I have anytihng like that again and was just wondering if anyone out there might have any answeres.
Okay, first off take a deep breath and use some periods.

Now I'll make this a clear and simple as I can. He is blowing smoke up your ass. He is looking for a sucker to buy his car. Diagnosing a drivability problem online is difficult enough when you have all of the pertinent information, we do not. Purchase this car at your own peril. If it wasn't a big deal it would already be fixed.

Is that clear and simple enough?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 01-12-2004, 09:17 AM   #8
stringer001
CF Enthusiast

dont be so picky about PERIODS VWHOBO, you are old but not old enough to complain about grammer, who cares, why do you care?
Old 01-12-2004, 03:53 PM   #9
asa67_stang
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer001
dont be so picky about PERIODS VWHOBO, you are old but not old enough to complain about grammer, who cares, why do you care?
because it's easier to read something when there is punctuation know what i mean it's the difference in trying to pay attention to someone who is talking like they are on speed and someone who is relaxed and trying to explain something do you get the idea now if not read below

Because it's easier to read something when there is punctuation, know what i mean? It's the difference in trying to pay attention to someone who is talking like they are on speed, and someone who is relaxed and trying to explain something. Do you get the idea now?

now capitalization, i could care less for that, but that's just me

i wish i knew now what i will know in thirty years, that would be nice...

the 'net has warped my fragile little mind
asa67_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:58 PM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer001
Hey little man, instead of baggin' on me, why don't you tell us everything you know about this guy's problem and how to fix it? Oh that's right, you already did.

Old 01-13-2004, 09:02 AM   #11
stringer001
CF Enthusiast

your always baggin my grammer so how about we stop baggin eachother hey?

and to be honest i dont have a clue how to fix his problem, unless he smashes that light.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:41 PM   #12
cmeseadoin
CF Freak

Stringer

Well Stringer, since you've clearly demonstrated on several occassions and numerous levels that you are worthless to this chat room on the basis of your technical knowledge.....why don't you you piss off mate? This is a car chat room and none of us want to sit here and read about you and how you fix your "globes." What the hell is that and where are you from? Only context clues from the original posting could have possibly clued me in as to what you might be blabbering about. No offense, but I come in here to pose real car problems so that I may get real car solutions and from the responses that I have read of yours, you're clueless. So get out. If you are trying to learn, then read what people are typing and then read the responses from the knowledgable folks in here and learn something from it. Don't running your trap about things that no one cares about....IE) none car issues....and furthermore saying things that have no credibility and admitting when asked for your technical expertise that you have none. This room is for people with knowledge as far as replys are concerned, so if you don't have any, then BYEBYE!
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 10:00 PM   #13
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Re: Stringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
Well Stringer, since you've clearly demonstrated on several occassions and numerous levels that you are worthless to this chat room on the basis of your technical knowledge.....why don't you you piss off mate? This is a car chat room and none of us want to sit here and read about you and how you fix your "globes." What the hell is that and where are you from? Only context clues from the original posting could have possibly clued me in as to what you might be blabbering about. No offense, but I come in here to pose real car problems so that I may get real car solutions and from the responses that I have read of yours, you're clueless. So get out. If you are trying to learn, then read what people are typing and then read the responses from the knowledgable folks in here and learn something from it. Don't running your trap about things that no one cares about....IE) none car issues....and furthermore saying things that have no credibility and admitting when asked for your technical expertise that you have none. This room is for people with knowledge as far as replys are concerned, so if you don't have any, then BYEBYE!
Perhaps you would like to join us in the "Asian Imports" forum. We're trying to find out exactly what "somewhat-forged" pistons are, with no luck I might add.

Old 01-13-2004, 11:38 PM   #14
lectroid
0000?

Old 01-14-2004, 09:16 AM   #15
stringer001
CF Enthusiast

Re: Stringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
Well Stringer, since you've clearly demonstrated on several occassions and numerous levels that you are worthless to this chat room on the basis of your technical knowledge.....why don't you you piss off mate? This is a car chat room and none of us want to sit here and read about you and how you fix your "globes." What the hell is that and where are you from? Only context clues from the original posting could have possibly clued me in as to what you might be blabbering about. No offense, but I come in here to pose real car problems so that I may get real car solutions and from the responses that I have read of yours, you're clueless. So get out. If you are trying to learn, then read what people are typing and then read the responses from the knowledgable folks in here and learn something from it. Don't running your trap about things that no one cares about....IE) none car issues....and furthermore saying things that have no credibility and admitting when asked for your technical expertise that you have none.
This room is for people with knowledge as far as replys are concerned, so if you don't have any, then BYEBYE!

If someone asks how to fix a globe i will try to help him, and im not here to teach im here to learn.