Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2004, 06:51 AM   #16
vanyaviper
CF Newbie
 
vanyaviper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cheboygan, Michigan
Posts: 46
:popcorn: Anybody want any
mmmm buttery goodness 8)
vanyaviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 02:53 PM   #17
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Seeker
I just don't understand you man. What tap dance was this? What I saw is his answer to your question. It was simple, it had no remarks towards you, and yet you still feel the need to make all the other people in this forum, who don't know much about cars, think he doesn't know what he's talking about. They would think this because they would say, "Wow vwhobo has a lot of posts, he must know stuff." Then they go and believe everything you say. Now don't get me wrong, your knowledge of cars is very extensive, so on that subject they should listen to you. However, when it comes to knowing if other people know stuff about cars, you can't judge them very well. And please, next time, try to use more than one insult if you really want to hurt my feelings.
Read what he wrote and you'll see what I mean by tap dancing. If you have any knowledge of the subject you'll understand exactly what I mean.

I don't want to insult you, I don't even want to correspond with you, but... You've taken it upon yourself to become involved in this situation so I see that you have two choices. Shut up or deal with it.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:29 PM   #18
asa67_stang
CF Enthusiast
 
asa67_stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the eighth circle of hell in Maryland
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Seeker
and yet you still feel the need to make all the other people in this forum, who don't know much about cars, think he doesn't know what he's talking about.

so, by that logic, all the people who don't know much about cars should listen to this guy, and go off with wrong information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Seeker
Now don't get me wrong, your knowledge of cars is very extensive, so on that subject they should listen to you. However, when it comes to knowing if other people know stuff about cars, you can't judge them very well.
so, since his knowlege of automotives is extensive, when he hears information that he knows to be dubious at best, he isn't supposed to say anything because he doesn't know if the other person really knows what they're talking about?
then why does he know what he does? why does he have his knowlege? if what you are saying is true, when someone comes into his shop and says that their muffler bearings need replacing, and their blinker fluid needs changing, he is supposed to say "Sure! I'll change it all for you because you know more than me!"
yeah, sure
__________________
I love going fast.... it's the crashing and burning that sucks

i wish i knew now what i will know in thirty years, that would be nice...

the 'net has warped my fragile little mind
asa67_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:40 PM   #19
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Atta boy
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:54 PM   #20
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by asa67_stang
if what you are saying is true, when someone comes into his shop and says that their muffler bearings need replacing, and their blinker fluid needs changing, he is supposed to say "Sure! I'll change it all for you because you know more than me!"
yeah, sure
Thank you for your support. As a matter of fact we're having the "winter muffler bearing and blinker fluid tune-up special" this week, only $29.95. Some cars may be higher.

While it's off the topic, this is a common thing in an automotive repair shop. Far too many customers come in and direct us to "change this part because my friend/uncle/brother/father/mailman said it will fix my problem". Those people, in my shops, are shown the nearest exit.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:04 PM   #21
asa67_stang
CF Enthusiast
 
asa67_stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the eighth circle of hell in Maryland
Posts: 240
think i can get my truck in there and beat the rush?

i'm semi-guilty about that as well, what i'll do is go in and tell them what the car is doing, what i've done, and what i think it is, and why i think it's that, then i'll ask them what they think, had a good record with that, but most mechanics i've dealt with don't like to talk shop for some reason
maybe they just don't like to talk to me?
__________________
I love going fast.... it's the crashing and burning that sucks

i wish i knew now what i will know in thirty years, that would be nice...

the 'net has warped my fragile little mind
asa67_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:17 PM   #22
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by asa67_stang
think i can get my truck in there and beat the rush?

i'm semi-guilty about that as well, what i'll do is go in and tell them what the car is doing, what i've done, and what i think it is, and why i think it's that, then i'll ask them what they think, had a good record with that, but most mechanics i've dealt with don't like to talk shop for some reason
maybe they just don't like to talk to me?
You're a completely different animal than what I'm referring to. I LOVE a customer who is interested and informed about the workings of their car. If you're running a straight, honest shop they're the easiest and best customers to get along with. The rip-off places don't like them because they're hard to tap dance around and hard to over charge or perform unnecessary work.

Let me give you a quick example that just happened this weekend. A friend of my kid wanted him to install a coil pack on his car. He knew it was bad because his uncle told him it was, they even already had the part. Job complete but the car still runs the same. Now my kid is accused of not doing the job right and they want their money back. Quick call to me, I go look at the car and guess what. The reason it ran the same was two injector plugs had come off. It runs so much better now. Now they want their money back because it didn't need the coil pack AND they want the old one put back on. Those are the pimples on the ass of the automotive repair business.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:25 PM   #23
asa67_stang
CF Enthusiast
 
asa67_stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the eighth circle of hell in Maryland
Posts: 240
so, uninstall it, reinstall the old one, charge them for that labor, and for the research into the problem (you walking over and looking under the hood), and the solving of the problem, and charge them a storage fee for their old coil pack


that would be nice, but there's probably some law that says that you can't do that, am i right?
__________________
I love going fast.... it's the crashing and burning that sucks

i wish i knew now what i will know in thirty years, that would be nice...

the 'net has warped my fragile little mind
asa67_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:31 PM   #24
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by asa67_stang
so, uninstall it, reinstall the old one, charge them for that labor, and for the research into the problem (you walking over and looking under the hood), and the solving of the problem, and charge them a storage fee for their old coil pack


that would be nice, but there's probably some law that says that you can't do that, am i right?
There's something more valuable for my 19 year old than the $30 he has in his pocket. It's the experience he gained from dealing with people like that. At least he was smart enough to get paid up front.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:38 PM   #25
asa67_stang
CF Enthusiast
 
asa67_stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the eighth circle of hell in Maryland
Posts: 240
very true
"knowlege" is what most people seem to have, and can quote theory all day, but it's annoying to talk to them and then find out that they've never touched an engine (transmission/piece of equipment/computer/woman/whatever) in their life
it just shoves all of the past three hours of what you've talked to them about on the back-burner till you can find out if this is true, or if this *insert whatever here* is an exception to the rule
__________________
I love going fast.... it's the crashing and burning that sucks

i wish i knew now what i will know in thirty years, that would be nice...

the 'net has warped my fragile little mind
asa67_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 05:04 PM   #26
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
As bad as I hate typing, opposites apply. In the 90's I owned a 91 Cadillac Eldo. Problem=if car sat very long 6-8 hours, battery was dead. Took it to Caddy dealer, explained problem, no other problems with car.Next day, come get your car,replaced battery pay bill and thanks. Next morning, battery dead, back to dealer. Next day, come get your car,replaced alt, paid bill,thanks. Next morning,battery dead. Back to dealer, I am now pissed! Next day,come get your car, replaced starter, just paid bill. Go to start my car and the battery is dead,I'm now out of my mind. Go back to the service mgr " put mt fu*** sh** back on my car and give me my fu***** money back. Argument,words,#*#*#*#*. We can't do that, " I'LL BE G** DA**. Conversation with owner=settled. I paid for nothing and got a free battery. Took car to another caddy dealer 40 miles away. Next day, come get your car, replaced a shorted load leveling sensor,paid bill, almost didn't say thanks, problem,corrected. What a Bitch. Whew!
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 05:18 PM   #27
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroid
As bad as I hate typing, opposites apply. In the 90's I owned a 91 Cadillac Eldo. Problem=if car sat very long 6-8 hours, battery was dead. Took it to Caddy dealer, explained problem, no other problems with car.Next day, come get your car,replaced battery pay bill and thanks. Next morning, battery dead, back to dealer. Next day, come get your car,replaced alt, paid bill,thanks. Next morning,battery dead. Back to dealer, I am now pissed! Next day,come get your car, replaced starter, just paid bill. Go to start my car and the battery is dead,I'm now out of my mind. Go back to the service mgr " put mt fu*** sh** back on my car and give me my fu***** money back. Argument,words,#*#*#*#*. We can't do that, " I'LL BE G** DA**. Conversation with owner=settled. I paid for nothing and got a free battery. Took car to another caddy dealer 40 miles away. Next day, come get your car, replaced a shorted load leveling sensor,paid bill, almost didn't say thanks, problem,corrected. What a Bitch. Whew!
I don't know that I would consider that to be an opposite but I understand you're dilemma. From your post it doesn't seem that you told them what to fix, only described what was wrong. They shit it up from there.

A customer has every right to be satisfied with his repair. After all that's what you're paying your hard earned money for. My point was if you tell me what part to replace, then it doesn't fix your problem, the monkey is now on your back.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 05:26 PM   #28
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
My point was if you tell me what part to replace, then it doesn't fix your problem, the monkey is now on your back.

Exactly why I took it to an ASE cert mechanic, which the dealer advertised, all mechs, ase certf. I could have done the roulette thing myself, but would have never found a fix.
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:48 PM   #29
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Seeker
However, when it comes to knowing if other people know stuff about cars, you can't judge them very well.

When all we forum members have to judge you on is your posts...it makes it quite easy to judge on the ignorant ramblings of the many. When this becomes a live video chat...then we'll have a bit more to go on. Until then...as vwhobo says, "Think before you type and hit submit." or something to that effect.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 11:48 PM   #30
Heat_Seeker
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Seeker
However, when it comes to knowing if other people know stuff about cars, you can't judge them very well.

When all we forum members have to judge you on is your posts...it makes it quite easy to judge on the ignorant ramblings of the many. When this becomes a live video chat...then we'll have a bit more to go on. Until then...as vwhobo says, "Think before you type and hit submit." or something to that effect.

Hardy har. Thanks buddy. Your just making my point for me. You're all going with what hobo says. Thought about this post.... and submit.
__________________
Your Honda has 1.6 liters and my Mountain Dew has 2.
Heat_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my thoughts, your opinions welcome asa67_stang Off Topic 0 02-13-2004 04:39 AM
I want your opinions skullz General Chat 21 03-18-2003 08:07 AM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.