Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2004, 06:39 AM   #1
gpgt06
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3
FLOOD! help

My 2002 Grand Prix has recently been in a low flood. i was wondering if it still runs and drives is there possibly anything wrong with it? I need help because im not much on mechanical stuff! :o
__________________
cw
gpgt06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:58 AM   #2
vanyaviper
CF Newbie
 
vanyaviper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cheboygan, Michigan
Posts: 46
ok, first off, introductions are nice, secondly, how deep was the water? have you talked to any mechanics in your area?
vanyaviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 09:27 AM   #3
stringer001
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 132
Re: FLOOD! help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgt06
My 2002 Grand Prix has recently been in a low flood. i was wondering if it still runs and drives is there possibly anything wrong with it? I need help because im not much on mechanical stuff! :o

your the only one that can tell if it still runs and drives, so open the door, take a seat and turn the F***** key! Im not flying to where ever you live just to do it for you mate.
__________________
*how do i put a picture here*
stringer001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:19 PM   #4
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Re: FLOOD! help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgt06
My 2002 Grand Prix has recently been in a low flood. i was wondering if it still runs and drives is there possibly anything wrong with it? I need help because im not much on mechanical stuff! :o

First off, DON'T turn the key!! Disconnect the battery, come back with some specifics. How high the water, would help.
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 09:49 PM   #5
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Re: FLOOD! help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgt06
My 2002 Grand Prix has recently been in a low flood. i was wondering if it still runs and drives is there possibly anything wrong with it? I need help because im not much on mechanical stuff! :o
The answer is yes. The last post still stands. What problems? Depends on how high the water got in your car.
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 09:57 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Okay, I'm a bit confused. Are you talking to the voices in your head now? 8O
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 10:10 PM   #7
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Okay, I'm a bit confused. Are you talking to the voices in your head now? 8O
Me? You talking to me? No,,, I don't think I provided an answer to the question in my first reply
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:14 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Re: FLOOD! help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgt06
My 2002 Grand Prix has recently been in a low flood. i was wondering if it still runs and drives is there possibly anything wrong with it? I need help because im not much on mechanical stuff! :o
A little more info might come in handy. Saying your car has been in a low flood is like saying it's real hot outside, somewhat descriptive but very ambiguous. And I'm not sure, are you saying it runs and drives or what?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:23 AM   #9
gpgt06
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3
First of all im thanking some of you that answered me and wasnt total ASSHOLES! I just asked a ****ing question, and if thats all most of you people have to do is make fun of other people,then you all need to get a life!

Now for the specifics!
I know at least it got as high as the exhaust (and went in the exhaust system this is the whole reason im asking!) . and got some inside the car. It didnt do any electrical damage as far as i know,except for my heated seats.
And no i have not took it to any mechanics because i dont want to move the car just in casethe is something wrong.
( if u need any more info, reply again)
__________________
cw
gpgt06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:25 AM   #10
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
VHhobo, first time I read the question, and read stringers reply, I replied.(dumb on my part) Went back, read it three more times, placed comas where they should be and it made sense
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:32 AM   #11
asa67_stang
CF Enthusiast
 
asa67_stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the eighth circle of hell in Maryland
Posts: 240
ignore the peanut gallery man (although an introduction is a good thing on this forum)

so, only about 6-8 inches? not over the bumpers?
tell ya what, find out where the computer that controls the car is located, if the water didn't get into that, and didn't get higher than the bumpers, i can't really see a reason why it shouldn't be fine (maybe a bit moldy and musty though)

might be a problem with the cats though, i'm not familiar with that system, so i won't comment on it

on second thought... might be a good idea to change the fluids, oil, transmission fluid, and check if there is water in the gas tank, then start it
__________________
I love going fast.... it's the crashing and burning that sucks

i wish i knew now what i will know in thirty years, that would be nice...

the 'net has warped my fragile little mind
asa67_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:34 AM   #12
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgt06
First of all im thanking some of you that answered me and wasnt total ASSHOLES! I just asked a f*cking question, and if thats all most of you people have to do is make fun of other people,then you all need to get a life!

Now for the specifics!
I know at least it got as high as the exhaust (and went in the exhaust system this is the whole reason im asking!) . and got some inside the car. It didnt do any electrical damage as far as i know,except for my heated seats.
And no i have not took it to any mechanics because i dont want to move the car just in casethe is something wrong.
( if u need any more info, reply again)

Then why in the hell didn't you say so in your firstpost, Dickweed? You think it's fun to drag the information out of you? I just don't know about people from KY
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:36 AM   #13
asa67_stang
CF Enthusiast
 
asa67_stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the eighth circle of hell in Maryland
Posts: 240
unfortunately he has a point
remember, the more info you can give, the more help we can give

BTW - you can defend yourself on this forum, so if you feel like it, go for it, your choice though
__________________
I love going fast.... it's the crashing and burning that sucks

i wish i knew now what i will know in thirty years, that would be nice...

the 'net has warped my fragile little mind
asa67_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:45 AM   #14
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Come on back gpgt06, I think you understand now and those who can will help you
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:59 AM   #15
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
As ASA said, if you can change the eng/tranny fluids, do it or get some help. You say your kinda clueless on mechanics, a mechanic or a shadetree with a good rep needs to inspect your car. Just to many things that can cause you a problem down the road. How long did the water surround your car?
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.