Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2005, 04:38 PM   #1
Vandros
CF Newbie

Anyone a Mechanic? :S

Hey guys, i found this mitsubishi 3000GT for really damn cheap, but the problem is the description...

"Vehicle Description

Hello! I used to run a retail car lot here in Port Orange, a Daytona Beach suburb, for almost 20 years; I have the lot rented out now and am doing real estate, but the people who had bought this car from me owed me money on it, and quit paying, so I had to go send a truck down and take the car back. They took the stereo out of it, but everything else is totally stock. I had a key made for it but it does not start; has battery power, has fuel, has oil and water, spins over and over and over but just won't catch and fire; I am about the last thing from a mechanic, and with nobody there working for me anymore, I just am not going to mess with this car; it's just one of the last things from my retail days and I have virtually everything else wrapped up by now. Motor and electricals, etc, are all intact and have not been taken apart and I have not attempted to do anything with it. Paint is still great; interior real nice too with NO rips in the seats, NO cracks in the dash, NO holes in the carpet, full power options, all factory original wheels with nice tires, (at least 50% tread). This is a GOOD LOOKING SHARP sporty car that is a real head turner....you just need to get it to start and put a radio back in it. CLEAN CLEAR FLORIDA TITLE. Buyer pays 6 1/2% sales tax, and has 10 days to pay, but you can leave it here for up to 30 days at no cost, even a little more if you let me know, and need to so you can set up transportation. (Florida buyers pay a $55 tag transfer fee; out of state buyers do not have to pay this). Come into town and see Daytona Beach, have fun, and take this home, do a little work and get a spectacular car!! Thanks for looking! "

anyone tell me what they think? Thanks =)
Vandros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:44 PM   #2
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

I dont know a whole lot about cars but was there a price and any pics? Knowing the price could kind of help people decide on its worth. They are some nice cars though.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:47 PM   #3
Vandros
CF Newbie

Price and pics

Well the guy said I could take it home for about 1500. Here are some pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8e_1_b.jpeg (19.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpeg 8a_1_b.jpeg (16.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpeg ad_1_b.jpeg (19.3 KB, 16 views)
Old 05-24-2005, 04:50 PM   #4
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandros
Well the guy said I could take it home for about 1500. Here are some pics...
Well then why are you asking us what we think. Damn that sounds like a pretty good deal. You make more money then you spent to buy it just by parting it out if you couldnt fix it. I'd probably take it in a second. Its a nice looking car. If you have the money and like the car enough then buy it, then worry about the problem(s) with it after. Thats my opinion anyway.

Old 05-24-2005, 05:06 PM   #5
Vandros
CF Newbie

Yeah...

I agree completely haha, but i live in canada, how would i get a "dead" car over here? It would cost a LOT, maybe more than what I paid for it! So I need to figure out a way to get it over here in Canada.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:13 PM   #6
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Where abouts in Canada are you? I'm guessing that since you are so far away from it that you wont be able to look at it unless you go down there. I'm sure you could get it shipped for less then what he wants for it or just find a truck and a single car trailer and take a road trip, the road trip should only cost a couple hundred (gas, and maybe food) and its cheaper if you can borrow a truck and trailer rather then rent one. I live in Peterborough, Ontario myself, and i know if i had the money i'd try to find a way to get it here lol.

Old 05-24-2005, 06:41 PM   #7
Vandros
CF Newbie

hahha yeah

I live in BC, Vancouver Island, my uncle lives like 80 kms away, so he can hold it. Apparently its going to be EXPENSIVE to get there, like apparently close to 1000 to fly there, 1500 to buy, and about 700 - 1000 to get back, not sure how secure that source is though... anyone know of some cheaper ways to get there and back? lol or get it here? :S
Old 05-24-2005, 06:54 PM   #8
Vandros
CF Newbie

haha

wait, just found out i can truck it here for about 1200 USD... well that settles that.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:10 PM   #9
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

So your just gonna truck it here? If so then that settles it, and its still worth it. You could easily make that money back if you were to end up selling it. Its a nice car, good luck at getting it.

Old 05-24-2005, 08:20 PM   #10
Vandros
CF Newbie

most likely

I think so, looking around for qoutes so far lowest is 900 bucks.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:20 PM   #11
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

And that is American dollars?

I guess it'd be a little better if you lived kinda closer to the border, from here its only like a 24 hour drive (depending on how you drive that is)

Last edited by car_crazy89 : 05-24-2005 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:58 PM   #12
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

TAKE IT NOW. For that cheap, and with a fair amount of miles, it's defenitley worth it. It just sounds like a blown oxygen sensor, or something along the electrical lines. It'll be an easy 100 buck fix, and you got a nice car. TAKE IT.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:23 AM   #13
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
TAKE IT NOW. For that cheap, and with a fair amount of miles, it's defenitley worth it. It just sounds like a blown oxygen sensor, or something along the electrical lines. It'll be an easy 100 buck fix, and you got a nice car. TAKE IT.
Exactly, i couldnt and didnt say it and better then Godlaus just did. Lol, if your not going to let me know more and i might.

Old 05-25-2005, 04:13 AM   #14
Vandros
CF Newbie

just worried.

I dont want it to be a busted head gasket or something, that would blow, i gotta find out if the frame alone is worth 1500.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:19 AM   #15
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

I would snatch it up in a second if it was a VR-4 turbo...Either way, loks like a hot car. I'd take it. Even if it had a blown headgasket. And hey, if worse comes to worst, you can part it and still probably make all that money right back.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote