Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2005, 04:21 AM   #16
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

headgaskets arent expensive, just a pain in the ass (so i hear). If you did get it then changed your mind on it you could always sell it to me . Atleast i live in the same country lol.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 04:46 AM   #17
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandros
I dont want it to be a busted head gasket or something, that would blow, i gotta find out if the frame alone is worth 1500.

If it was a blown head gasket, it would start, and blow black smoke out of the tail, and there would be water in the oil resevoir. Most definitely not a head gasket. Like I said, it's probably the ECU stopping the car from starting, which means it's not getting signals from something. It's probably a blown O2 sensor, and if you really want to know, hook up a comp to the car (presuming OBDII), find it's error code and see what's wrong. BUY IT NOW BEFORE I DO.

But, if you really are paranoid, pay a mechanic $100 to check it out and diagnose it, and you know for real what's wrong. Your choice.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:42 AM   #18
Vandros
CF Newbie

Yeah

I think im going to snatch it, just finializing things with him right now actually =) And its got its got 100000 miles on it, so its not too bad. Apparently trying to get this sucker into canada is hard, its luckily under the Addmitable list for bringing in a car from the US. But I hear that it basically has to have like mint outside, mint inside, everything. :S

Last edited by Vandros : 05-25-2005 at 07:45 AM.
Vandros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:29 PM   #19
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Well it'll be worth the time and effort to get it here. Good luck with it, and hope you enjoy it (if/when you get it).

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote