Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
vortex
CF Newbie

Car Spare Shops

Hi guys im new round here and im doing some market research so to speak and would love any help from people here.

With my step dad, we are looking at buying a car spare shop that has come on the market, and i was wondering what your views are on small, independent car spare shops. Do you use them? Do you take your cars to main agents to get them fixed/sorted out? Basically, do you think the car spare shop industry is a dieing trade? Anything you have to add please do so as all your comments are valued, as basically you would be my customers (not literally as you may not live near me )

The shop supplies car arts, Oil filters, break pads etc, but what kind of things do you like to see in the shop? Alloy wheels? in-car entertainment? Tools?

Also, does anyone know, or know where i can find how many cars are on the road in the UK? Or how many were produced in the last 12 months. Its for my business plan for the business.

Again, any help you can give me would be very well appreciated.

Cheers guys

Vortex.
vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 07:56 PM   #2
Eclipse_2004
CF Enthusiast

well.i usually go to name-brand chaper ones. Such as Fleet-Farm. They do everything