Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2004, 06:24 AM   #31
Heat_Seeker
CF Enthusiast

Ok, ok. I do have school you know and I just got back from the mall, but thats not important at all. Here we go. A semi-forged piston is a piston that didn't fully go through the forging process, making its strength in between a normal and forged piston, and also making it cheaper to manufacture.

Now for the counter-weighted wheel thing. If they taped a weight of some sort to the inside of the tire and balanced the wheel so that the weight was at the top right corner of the wheel and it didn't move, then got hit and moved the weight in the direction of the slant, the weight would make the tire go uphill. It would be a whole lot easier if I could show you my idea of it, but as of this moment, this is the best description I got.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:29 AM   #32
lectroid
0000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Seeker
Ok, ok. I do have school you know and I just got back from the mall, but thats not important at all. Here we go. A semi-forged piston is a piston that didn't fully go through the forging process, making its strength in between a normal and forged piston, and also making it cheaper to manufacture.

Now for the counter-weighted wheel thing. If they taped a weight of some sort to the inside of the tire and balanced the wheel so that the weight was at the top right corner of the wheel and it didn't move, then got hit and moved the weight in the direction of the slant, the weight would make the tire go uphill. It would be a whole lot easier if I could show you my idea of it, but as of this moment, this is the best description I got.

Dude! You have put your foot into some deep shit
Old 01-17-2004, 06:33 AM   #33
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroid
Quote:

Dude! You have put your foot into some deep shit

It's been par for the course so far for him and spirited driver.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 06:37 AM   #34
Heat_Seeker
CF Enthusiast

So.... did I explain them well enough?
Old 01-17-2004, 06:38 AM   #35
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

1. You're right, going to the mall is not important at all.
2. Sorry, wrong answer, tell your buddy if he's going to have you be his mouthpiece he needs to give you some better BS story.
3. That in theory is a correct and acceptable answer. I have never questioned the possibility of rolling a tire uphill and have actually carried it out myself in the past. My problem is with the angle of the ramp the wheel/tire assemblies had to travel up. I won't say it's impossible but I think it's very unlikely. There are a few other items in that video I think had a little "help" also, either physically or with camera angle.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 06:40 AM   #36
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
So.... did I explain them well enough?

As clear as only you can make it. Of course now we can sit back and relax knowing that all has be reconciled through your explanation.

Old 01-17-2004, 06:50 AM   #37
lectroid
0000?

Well, I just went to look at one of my vehicles tires. I be damn if I could find a right or left corner.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:52 AM   #38
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroid
Well, I just went to look at one of my vehicles tires. I be damn if I could find a right or left corner.
Don't bother us now, we're going to the mall.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 01-17-2004, 06:55 AM   #39
Heat_Seeker
CF Enthusiast

First off, you all need to stop with the asshole shit, its very annoying. Second, the top right corner of how the tire was sitting on the ramp. You knew that, you just have a sick obsession with having to comment badly on every god damned post other people put. Correction, "kids" put. And hobo, if I'm wrong why don't you enlighten me and tell me your explanation of a semi-forged piston. I love learning things too.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:58 AM   #40
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
First off, you all need to stop with the asshole shit, its very annoying. Second, the top right corner of how the tire was sitting on the ramp. You knew that, you just have a sick obsession with having to comment badly on every god damned post other people put. Correction, "kids" put. And hobo, if I'm wrong why don't you enlighten me and tell me your explanation of a semi-forged piston. I love learning things too.

Maybe you and spirited driver just need to admit you don't know what you are talking about and it'll all end. Until then, suffer the consequences of acting like you know it all.

Old 01-17-2004, 06:59 AM   #41
lectroid
0000?

You should not say G Damn
Old 01-17-2004, 06:59 AM   #42
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
There is no such thing as a semi-forged piston, as was established days ago. But you know, I don't really care. The question is, has been and will remain, what is a somewhat forged piston. 8O

Funny how you seemed to miss the part of the post where I AGREED with you. I suppose that's typical though.

Old 01-17-2004, 07:10 AM   #43
lectroid
0000?

Would or could anyone on this forum explain to me or whoever, how you can semi-forge a piece of metal or composite metal? NOT PISTONS
Old 01-17-2004, 07:12 AM   #44
Heat_Seeker
CF Enthusiast

Oh my ****ing god. You do not understand. You need to use common sense to answer your own question. Somewhat means 1 of 3, forged, semi-forged, or not forged. It's not hard to figure out. And no spirited driver did not tell me that one, nor any others. I can think for myself.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:23 AM   #45
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Oh my f*cking god. You do not understand. You need to use common sense to answer your own question. Somewhat means 1 of 3, forged, semi-forged, or not forged. It's not hard to figure out. And no spirited driver did not tell me that one, nor any others. I can think for myself.

How 'bout doing a search at least on "semi-forged pistons" on Yahoo! or Google...see how much you come up with.