Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2005, 06:39 AM   #1
_ASU_
CF Newbie

93 ISUZU Trooper

Iíve been trying to replace the spark plugs on my 93 ISUZU Trooper but I canít seem to get the spark plug wires off the spark plugs. I am afraid to use excessive force that could damage the wires. Iíve been contemplating buying a spark plug wire remover. Is there a technique that I should be using??
Sorry forgot to mention its a 3.2L v6 engine

Last edited by _ASU_ : 06-03-2005 at 06:53 AM.
_ASU_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:57 AM   #2
DarkMan
CF Newbie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ASU_
Iíve been trying to replace the spark plugs on my 93 ISUZU Trooper but I canít seem to get the spark plug wires off the spark plugs. I am afraid to use excessive force that could damage the wires. Iíve been contemplating buying a spark plug wire remover. Is there a technique that I should be using??
Sorry forgot to mention its a 3.2L v6 engine

Is the boot stuck to the plug I would try twisting the boot back an forth. How old are the wires I would change them if they are old it is cheap economy to skimp on plug wires for a car Your going to the trouble to change the plugs I would go the extra mile an change the wires too

DarkMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:39 PM   #3
_ASU_
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMan
Is the boot stuck to the plug I would try twisting the boot back an forth. How old are the wires I would change them if they are old it is cheap economy to skimp on plug wires for a car Your going to the trouble to change the plugs I would go the extra mile an change the wires too

Ive tried twisting them back and forth but I was scared to break something during the process. I really dont know how old the wires are or the last time theyve been changed. Do you recommend that I just cut them off and install new ones?
_ASU_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:33 PM   #4
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Well some are harder to just 'pull' off then others. Just try and pull them and go by what you think is too much. It may be better to buy a set of plug wires though (as suggested), they will have to be replaced sometime.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 05:39 AM   #5
srober32
CF Addict

I agree, buy the new wires and just yank the old ones off (one at a time), they will fall apart and needed to be replaced anyway.