Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2005, 08:11 PM   #31
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Then, after you've digested all of that, take teh time to read this thread:

http://www.teamfc3s.org/forum/showth...pagenu mber=1

And please, COMPLETELY read it (especially my responses, so I don't have to repeat them here again) before commenting further on my car. Notice how I put up with a few retarded, ignorant rotards, but MOST of them are intelligent and "get it." (and notice that the ones thet "get it" are civil?)

But, to reiterate one of my commetns in that thread...

"I think the fact that the V8 versions of the RX7 work as well as they do is a testament to how well the chassis engineers for the FC did their jobs. The car is absolutely outstanding. Better built, better feel, better styling, better ergonomics, and better overall versatility than any equivalent Mustang, Camaro or Corvette. And I feel that they are better, in V8 or rotary form, than any Z car, Supra, or the like, as well."

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:41 PM   #32
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Wow ChrisV, that was a good arguement which made alot of sense and also a good story about your car. Its too bad you dont have it anymore. You obviously take this stuff seriously, especially if your willing to take the time and type or re-post what you have already said.

Could you put a small block chevy in an RX7 or is it easier to do with the ford engine?

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"

Last edited by car_crazy89 : 06-14-2005 at 08:44 PM.
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:04 PM   #33
desertsoldier22
CF Newbie

Still an RX-7 with no rotary is not a rX-7, that was the whole point of the car.
That is what the R stands for. Your not going to see trying to fit a Northstar V-8 in my Eclipse for gods sake. The car was unique because of the Rotary, Mazda could've just put a Ford Probe engine in it but that was not the point. Mazda is the only manufacturer that has a rotary powered vehicle and the RX series was that vehicle any other engine in that car is a monstrosity.
desertsoldier22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:49 PM   #34
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsoldier22
Still an RX-7 with no rotary is not a rX-7, that was the whole point of the car.

No, it wasn't. Again, if it's sold without an engine in it, what does the title say?

Is the Lexus RX300 a rotary car? It's just a couple effin' letters, not a religion. READ THE DAMN THREADS!

Quote:
any other engine in that car is a monstrosity.

Does it physically hurt to be that closed minded? It should. Get a clue and grow up. Read a little and actually LEARN something. Cars only have the souls that their builders put in them. And a car lovingly handbuilt by it's owner has more soul than any mass produced car in history.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:54 PM   #35
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsoldier22
That is what the R stands for. Your not going to see trying to fit a Northstar V-8 in my Eclipse for gods sake. The car was unique because of the Rotary, Mazda could've just put a Ford Probe engine in it but that was not the point. Mazda is the only manufacturer that has a rotary powered vehicle and the RX series was that vehicle any other engine in that car is a monstrosity.
If the rotary is what makes the RX-7 unique, does that mean that if I put a rotary in my torana, then it'll be unique too? and better than a non-unique torana powered by a 308?
Old 06-15-2005, 02:20 AM   #36
Wally
I Know More Than You

get a Rolla
Old 06-16-2005, 09:03 PM   #37
Toyota man
CF Newbie

I also agree on the 240 Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garp
Oh yea I forgot to mention it has to be either rear wheel drive or all wheel drive - no front wheel drive.

The 240Z is still one of the fastest and best handling cars around, good luck finding one though. My wife's ex-husband was nice enough to total hers. We had a ticket to prove 158 mph just before it was wrecked. (P.S. I don't recomend that to anyone, after he got out of the hospital he got to spend time visiting with prison guards!!!!!)

Last edited by Toyota man : 06-16-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Toyota man is offline   Reply With Quote