Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2005, 05:38 AM   #1
I SAY
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 6
What about Dirt bikes and ATV'S ?

Tell me all about your quad or dirt bike, up and downs, and what you think is the best out there.

Last edited by I SAY : 06-11-2005 at 05:40 AM. Reason: forgot ? mark
I SAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 06:15 AM   #2
enzo#2
CF Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: scottsbluff nebraska
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SAY
Tell me all about your quad or dirt bike, up and downs, and what you think is the best out there.
i have a honda 450r with ac nerfs, a fmf pipe, holeshot hd tires, itp baja wheels, trail tech headlights, and elka suspension. and i don't have a dirt bike, i have a streetbike, a yamaha r6 to be exact. how about you?
enzo#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 04:26 AM   #3
I SAY
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 6
You got some good toys.

To tell ya the truth, i dont have one at this moment, we put the house up for sale and i wanted less to move so i sold my quad and my XR. But im lookin at a 1991 Yamaha Warrior, just a cheap quad to screw with on spare time. Im more of a leasure trail rider, i like playin in the mud. i have riden a 450r....but one thing i didnt like was the fact of always kicken it over , because those things have a touchy clutch ya tend to stall out somtimes. 450cc that alot of compression to kick over. To bad it didnt have an electric start.
I SAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 05:11 AM   #4
enzo#2
CF Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: scottsbluff nebraska
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SAY
To tell ya the truth, i dont have one at this moment, we put the house up for sale and i wanted less to move so i sold my quad and my XR. But im lookin at a 1991 Yamaha Warrior, just a cheap quad to screw with on spare time. Im more of a leasure trail rider, i like playin in the mud. i have riden a 450r....but one thing i didnt like was the fact of always kicken it over , because those things have a touchy clutch ya tend to stall out somtimes. 450cc that alot of compression to kick over. To bad it didnt have an electric start.
i'm happy it doesn't have electric start. mainly because on my old 400ex my 3 year old nephew started it by himself! so i would have installed a kickstarter anyway. and the warrior would be a good choice but my first quad was a blaster and if you're fairly small(under 6ft) you should get a blaster yourself. you could pick up a 96' or whatever for under $1500.
enzo#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 10:52 PM   #5
I SAY
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 6
i'll think about that

ya i have seen the blasters, nice looken quad. one thing there 2 stroke. i like the idea of not mixin the fuel on trails. plus i have many friends who just cant seem to ride for long periods of time, they always seem to blow there piston rings. i have no clue what a blaster is like, being 2 stroke. would it over heat on trails.
I SAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:44 AM   #6
enzo#2
CF Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: scottsbluff nebraska
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SAY
ya i have seen the blasters, nice looken quad. one thing there 2 stroke. i like the idea of not mixin the fuel on trails. plus i have many friends who just cant seem to ride for long periods of time, they always seem to blow there piston rings. i have no clue what a blaster is like, being 2 stroke. would it over heat on trails.
mine has never overheated. not on the trails anyway, only when i was outrunning a guy that got mad at me and my freind for doing donuts on the roads he takes care of.
enzo#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:13 PM   #7
abless
CF Anti-Mullet
 
abless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The American Empire
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo#2
mine has never overheated. not on the trails anyway, only when i was outrunning a guy that got mad at me and my freind for doing donuts on the roads he takes care of.


Lol. Nice.
__________________
abless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:31 PM   #8
enzo#2
CF Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: scottsbluff nebraska
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
Lol. Nice.
thanks.
enzo#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:10 AM   #9
I SAY
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 6
im looken in to the blaster

what country are ya from? Can, or U.S
I SAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:16 AM   #10
enzo#2
CF Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: scottsbluff nebraska
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SAY
what country are ya from? Can, or U.S
US of A. i'm glad you're looking into the blaster. it's a good little quad especially when you modify it. if you do get one be sure to get some racing tyres, wheel spacers, rear axle and a arms because it's kinda prone to rolling when it's stock, especially if you ride anything like me. also for safety get some nerf bars. they've saved my legs plenty of times to convince me that they're the most nessaccary (how ever you spell that) bolt on safety accessory you can get for a quad. also if you want more power, get a pipe. and suspension would be helpful if you ride on a track, the stock suspension isn't that helpful if you flat land from over 4ft.
__________________
This is what i think of kia's.

Last edited by enzo#2 : 06-19-2005 at 05:33 AM.
enzo#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.