Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2005, 04:06 PM   #1
n00b
CF Newbie

Spinners, neons . etc etc

whats ur opinion on spinners? neons ? dvd lcd screens ? etc etc.?

personally i love em and my type r is going to be fill'd with shit like that very soon.., but my friend thinks the money is better spent on performance parts like his done for his little supra..
u recon i should do the same? or u recon spending 3000bux on a dvdplaya/sound system is worth it? (cause i do :P)
n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:08 PM   #2
99integra
CF's Florida boy

They look like shit and boy if you are talking about puttin that shit on an Integra Type-R, then I will slap the devil outta ya and smack the Jesus back in
Old 06-17-2005, 04:30 PM   #3
99integra
CF's Florida boy

And your friend is right
Old 06-17-2005, 04:44 PM   #4
FordFromHell351
Banned

Money is MUCH better spent on performance parts. However, I am actually thinking about putting some green neon lights under my Saturn, and some green tinted fog lights...just for looks
But only because Ive already done performance stuff to it (hell, Ive done a whole engine swap) and Ive already got a turbo, cold air intake, header, cat back exhaust, and cams and cam gears on the way for it. My suggestion would be to put your money into performance mods, otherwise, your just a no good little ricer
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:46 PM   #5
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
Money is MUCH better spent on performance parts. However, I am actually thinking about putting some green neon lights under my Saturn, and some green tinted fog lights...just for looks
But only because Ive already done performance stuff to it (hell, Ive done a whole engine swap) and Ive already got a turbo, cold air intake, header, cat back exhaust, and cams and cam gears on the way for it. My suggestion would be to put your money into performance mods, otherwise, your just a no good little ricer

You should bore out that big SE-R motor to get somemore power. Your car is a total sleeper.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:54 PM   #6
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
You should bore out that big SE-R motor to get somemore power. Your car is a total sleeper.

Oh yeah I know it. This guy came up next to me in a little Honda Civic Si with dual exhaust, and he had all his little guages going on in the car like he really had something. When the light turned green I just pushed down on the gas half way and beat him to the next stop light Im actually thinking of doing that..not for a while though...it was a pain in the ass putting the engine in, I really dont want to take it out and then put it back in again
Old 06-17-2005, 05:00 PM   #7
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Oh yeah I know it. This guy came up next to me in a little Honda Civic Si with dual exhaust, and he had all his little guages going on in the car like he really had something. When the light turned green I just pushed down on the gas half way and beat him to the next stop light Im actually thinking of doing that..not for a while though...it was a pain in the ass putting the engine in, I really dont want to take it out and then put it back in again

Trust me, have a mechanic do it for ya. Hell bring it down to Florida and I'll charge ya 200 for it including labor.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:04 PM   #8
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
Trust me, have a mechanic do it for ya. Hell bring it down to Florida and I'll charge ya 200 for it including labor.

Well, see I was doing it by myself. If I had one more person helping me, then I could do it much quicker and it wouldnt be as hard. I just dont trust having it done by some other mechanic other than myself. Of course I would take it to a different to get it bored like I did my Mustang.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:10 PM   #9
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Well, see I was doing it by myself. If I had one more person helping me, then I could do it much quicker and it wouldnt be as hard. I just dont trust having it done by some other mechanic other than myself. Of course I would take it to a different to get it bored like I did my Mustang.

I don't trust anybody either with my cars. I only take it to the shop if they need serious repair or I don't have enough time
Old 06-17-2005, 05:16 PM   #10
Bino
Written Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b
whats ur opinion on spinners? neons ? dvd lcd screens ? etc etc.?

personally i love em and my type r is going to be fill'd with shit like that very soon.., but my friend thinks the money is better spent on performance parts like his done for his little supra..
u recon i should do the same? or u recon spending 3000bux on a dvdplaya/sound system is worth it? (cause i do :P)

That would be a crime against humanity to deface a true ITR with all that crap. I would do exactly 99integra stated... but after he got done. Spinners = retarded, neon = stupid, I'm ok with LCD screens and a quality stereo, but NOT in an ITR. What a waste of a true factory performance compact (THE factory performance compact).

Why don't you spend the money on some quality performance tires with light weight wheels, get a good suspension system, probably a cat-back and CAI. Then, spend your money on the entry fees at open track days... and then more tires as necessary. The ITR is arguably the mostly neutral handling FWD car available (according to things I've read, not actual seat time in all FWD compacts). If I had an ITR we'd visit the track (road race track) whenever possible.
Bino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 05:18 PM   #11
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
I don't trust anybody either with my cars. I only take it to the shop if they need serious repair or I don't have enough time

Shit, if I dont have enough time to do a serious repair, I let it sit until I do have time and just drive my other cars.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:35 PM   #12
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino
That would be a crime against humanity to deface a true ITR with all that crap. I would do exactly 99integra stated... but after he got done. Spinners = retarded, neon = stupid, I'm ok with LCD screens and a quality stereo, but NOT in an ITR. What a waste of a true factory performance compact (THE factory performance compact).

Why don't you spend the money on some quality performance tires with light weight wheels, get a good suspension system, probably a cat-back and CAI. Then, spend your money on the entry fees at open track days... and then more tires as necessary. The ITR is arguably the mostly neutral handling FWD car available (according to things I've read, not actual seat time in all FWD compacts). If I had an ITR we'd visit the track (road race track) whenever possible.

I better be able to get the first whack The Type-R's are so fun to drive and they handle like they're on rails but the only drawback is the premium gas
Old 06-17-2005, 05:44 PM   #13
fudge
let's fighting love

I still like the hydraulic suspension-bouncing up and down the the music!
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:41 PM   #14
chibi
CF Newbie

really what the **** is up with ****ers thinkin puttin in accesories are dumb? everyone has their own shit they like to do. some like performance and speed but there are some that just likes the look and comfortbility of the car. so if you wanna put lcd and neon's its sa'll good everyones got their own thing. those guys who are all about performace(i am all bout that too) should stop bad mouthin and shit bout ppl who put on a body kit instead of a turbo. its just like you guys like fat type chick and some of us like the good looking type, everyones got their own thing if you like looks go with it, if you like speed then go with that, who gives a **** of whatever someone else says, its your car! and i bet not a lot of ppl here that has a car that can match with the integra type r

Last edited by chibi : 06-17-2005 at 06:44 PM.
chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 07:42 PM   #15
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi
really what the **** is up with ****ers thinkin puttin in accesories are dumb? everyone has their own shit they like to do. some like performance and speed but there are some that just likes the look and comfortbility of the car. so if you wanna put lcd and neon's its sa'll good everyones got their own thing. those guys who are all about performace(i am all bout that too) should stop bad mouthin and shit bout ppl who put on a body kit instead of a turbo. its just like you guys like fat type chick and some of us like the good looking type, everyones got their own thing if you like looks go with it, if you like speed then go with that, who gives a **** of whatever someone else says, its your car! and i bet not a lot of ppl here that has a car that can match with the integra type r

First of all it is a thing called riceritis. All the shit that they do to it costs as much money as making the car run 10's. What kinda retard would take looks over speed? Apparently you would seeing that you are backing him up to the last degree. I used to have a 99 Type-R but now I got another performance car so I can match the Type-R. Sure the Type-R handles better than my Mustang but what the hell. Haven't you noticed that only the asians and wiggers listening to rap put all that shit on. All we were doing was stating our input about how we didn't like that kinda shit, I personally don't know what you're bitchin about, all we did was state our personal opinion. How practical is it to buy tv's for the car if it will only create a safety hazard. What the hell do neons do except give off light underneath the car. So let me tell ya something buddy, its called personal preferance and if we don't like it, who cares, but apparently you cannot except that fact can you?