Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2005, 10:13 PM   #61
FordFromHell351
Banned
 
FordFromHell351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
What you should do is either do is run it off the headers or put glass packs on it
Ive heard an Accord running off headers. It sounded pretty cool.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:13 PM   #62
FordFromHell351
Banned
 
FordFromHell351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72firebird
lol i prefer the roar of my 5.7 over any 2.5
Yep, me too You just dont get that awesome sound from a 4 banger.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:13 PM   #63
72firebird
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 437
i got full length headers then the pipes go straight, then into the mufflers which are at about the rear end. and i dont have any tips i just left the mufflers infront of the rear end. but eventualy after i drop the new engine im gonna have side pipes with the tip coming out infront of the rear wheels like you see on some challenger rts and tas
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:14 PM   #64
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
Ive heard an Accord running off headers. It sounded pretty cool.
Depending if it was a 4 cylinder I would expect it to sound like an angry bee
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:15 PM   #65
FordFromHell351
Banned
 
FordFromHell351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Depending if it was a 4 cylinder I would expect it to sound like an angry bee
It was 2002 VTEC V6.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:15 PM   #66
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72firebird
i got full length headers then the pipes go straight, then into the mufflers which are at about the rear end. and i dont have any tips i just left the mufflers infront of the rear end. but eventualy after i drop the new engine im gonna have side pipes with the tip coming out infront of the rear wheels like you see on some challenger rts and tas

That's pretty sweet, screw the mufflers and just weld tubing to the headers
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:16 PM   #67
72firebird
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 437
i dont mind the whirr of those honda v8s running at 15000 rpms
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:16 PM   #68
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
It was 2002 VTEC V6.

It prolly sounded a little throatier then, can't compare it to a V8 though
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:17 PM   #69
72firebird
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 437
lol i would say screw the mufflers but then its be too loud. i drove it for a month with only the headers. i got pulled over twice for speeding that month. ended up only getting a warning and a fix it ticket though
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #70
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72firebird
lol i would say screw the mufflers but then its be too loud. i drove it for a month with only the headers. i got pulled over twice for speeding that month. ended up only getting a warning and a fix it ticket though

Make it sound like a stock car, screw the po-po or one-time
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:20 PM   #71
72firebird
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 437
oh yea and since you got the picture of the sti, i bet youll get a kick out of this. my friends (there twins) in my automatic tranny class just bought a 69 beetle. and they just got done shoving a turbo sti motor in it the also have a mgb with a bored out 302 in it
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:21 PM   #72
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72firebird
oh yea and since you got the picture of the sti, i bet youll get a kick out of this. my friends (there twins) in my automatic tranny class just bought a 69 beetle. and they just got done shoving a turbo sti motor in it the also have a mgb with a bored out 302 in it

Holy crap!, Its funny also because I too have a 69 Beetle. Only got one pic of it though sadly.
__________________
Current whip: walking

Last edited by 99integra : 07-07-2005 at 06:26 PM.
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:25 PM   #73
72firebird
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 437
its cool as hell though cause a beetle with a pumped up original motor with like around 150 hp will do wheelies under hard acceleration with good rubber. his has 300 hp
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:26 PM   #74
72firebird
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 437
thats like shoving a hemi in a dart or a copo 427 in a monza lol
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:28 PM   #75
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72firebird
thats like shoving a hemi in a dart or a copo 427 in a monza lol

Lol, that would actually be cool to see
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.