Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2005, 10:45 PM   #46
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire
 
GreekWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Down-under"
Posts: 2,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra

Bahahahahaha, Nice.
__________________

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:50 PM   #47
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch
 
TurboLag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia. WVU stand up
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
No it's not.


Rice would be someone going around the street in this:



wow, wth is that? A cavalier? Civic?
__________________
-Alex

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:52 PM   #48
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
wow, wth is that? A cavalier? Civic?
Nope look at the headlights, its a 94 or 95 honda accord
(sad how I know these things)
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:53 PM   #49
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire
 
GreekWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Down-under"
Posts: 2,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
wow, wth is that? A cavalier? Civic?

I dunno but it's got a cow catcher on the front of it.
__________________

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:58 PM   #50
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
wow, wth is that? A cavalier? Civic?

It's a custom Civic. Some of it is just cool custom work, but some of it is rice, like the fake injection setup on the hood. Not really a good example of rice, however.

Now, taken from the web page that started the rice spotting phenomenon, Bryan's Rice Boy Page, comes a few quotes to help you sort Rice from customizing...

"What sets apart Rice-Boys from normal performance enthusiasts is that they are more concerned with the image of speed than they are about actual performance.

It's not so much that Rice-Boy is trying to make his car look good. There are lots of people out there who just want to make their car look good, and don't care about speed at all. Rice-Boy, however, says that he is making his modifications to enhance his car's performance, when really, all he cares about is fitting some sort of image."

Rice is about ACTING like cosmetic mods are making teh car fast, and putting on mods that are about looking like a faster car, without adding any of teh performance benefit. Simply making your car custom IS NOT RICE. Lambo style doors are not Rice by themselves. Only if the owner thinks it makes the car faster.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:59 PM   #51
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch
 
TurboLag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia. WVU stand up
Posts: 699
i figured it had a headlight conversion of some type. either way its disgusting
__________________
-Alex

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:02 PM   #52
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
It's a custom Civic. Some of it is just cool custom work, but some of it is rice, like the fake injection setup on the hood. Not really a good example of rice, however.

Now, taken from the web page that started the rice spotting phenomenon, Bryan's Rice Boy Page, comes a few quotes to help you sort Rice from customizing...

"What sets apart Rice-Boys from normal performance enthusiasts is that they are more concerned with the image of speed than they are about actual performance.

It's not so much that Rice-Boy is trying to make his car look good. There are lots of people out there who just want to make their car look good, and don't care about speed at all. Rice-Boy, however, says that he is making his modifications to enhance his car's performance, when really, all he cares about is fitting some sort of image."

Rice is about ACTING like cosmetic mods are making teh car fast, and putting on mods that are about looking like a faster car, without adding any of teh performance benefit. Simply making your car custom IS NOT RICE. Lambo style doors are not Rice by themselves. Only if the owner thinks it makes the car faster.

So did it have a headlight conversion?
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:05 PM   #53
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch
 
TurboLag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia. WVU stand up
Posts: 699
Yess! Score !
__________________
-Alex

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:04 AM   #54
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Its not like just because something only has a little rice its not rice. Being that low, is ricey. Those rims, ricey.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:05 AM   #55
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
So did it have a headlight conversion?
I think so, but it would be easier to tell with the doors closed. So doing/adding stuff like bodykits, spoilers, rims, Z3 fenders, etc (which may reduce or add weight) is considered rice IF the owner thinks/says it makes the car faster and not just look better? I myself love custom cars (mostly older ones) and was/am trying to think of a few nice things to do with my '79 Silverado when i get the money.
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:06 AM   #56
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Its not like just because something only has a little rice its not rice. Being that low, is ricey. Those rims, ricey.

Look at my STI rims in my sig, you think thats rice?
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:09 AM   #57
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Look at my STI rims in my sig, you think thats rice?
Hell ya, same with that wing Get yourself a pic of a REAL car, Cavalier all the way
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:10 AM   #58
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Hell ya, same with that wing Get yourself a pic of a REAL car, Cavalier all the way

La screhoo yahoo
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:14 AM   #59
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
La screhoo yahoo
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:27 AM   #60
Accord_Man
CF Addict
 
Accord_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
wow, wth is that? A cavalier? Civic?

No that is definitely a 98-02 accord coupe, i know those headlights when i see them, unless it had some kind of headlight conversion.
__________________
Accord Man

Accord_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.