Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2005, 03:47 AM   #46
Spitsign
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 76
The funniest part about this thread is the way Jay-G continuously tells people to back up their arguments with "facts"
I don't seem to recall you backing up your argument that Miatas are for "fags" (nice choice of wording) with facts; well, other than a pathetic little paragraph which you like to think consists of "facts" but is really a bunch of unfounded opinions where you complain about ride quality in a car that has nothing to do with comfort
Spitsign is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 03:50 AM   #47
Jay-G
Banned
 
Jay-G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ross, California
Posts: 242
interesting you bring this up, because i compared the miata to a comparable car and the miata got its ass kicked. I also know 10 different gay people or women who own miatas. I do not know any straight men who own them. This is not about that tho- it is about american cars.
Jay-G is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 03:54 AM   #48
Spitsign
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-G
interesting you bring this up, because i compared the miata to a comparable car and the miata got its ass kicked. I also know 10 different gay people or women who own miatas. I do not know any straight men who own them. This is not about that tho- it is about american cars.


It is not a comparable car, the s2000 and Mx-5 are in a different price range completely.
Spitsign is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 04:04 AM   #49
Jay-G
Banned
 
Jay-G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ross, California
Posts: 242
the mazdaspeed mx5 and the s2000 both are roadsters that cost $30k
Jay-G is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 04:06 AM   #50
Spitsign
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-G
the mazdaspeed mx5 and the s2000 both are roadsters that cost $30k

The MSM does not cost 30k, it goes for roughly 25k, and the comparably priced s2000, which is still a few thousand more expensive than the MSM (2004+) is a 2003 model or older.
Spitsign is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 04:09 AM   #51
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsign
The MSM does not cost 30k, it goes for roughly 25k, and the comparably priced s2000, which is still a few thousand more expensive than the MSM (2004+) is a 2003 model or older.
You're starting to split hairs now. I'm sure a $5k difference can be ironed out by commonsense when comparing the numbers. It's a bit hard if it's like $15k, but what's $5k between friends? You would expect the $30k car to be a bit better, but not too much.
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 04:14 AM   #52
Spitsign
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
You're starting to split hairs now. I'm sure a $5k difference can be ironed out by commonsense when comparing the numbers. It's a bit hard if it's like $15k, but what's $5k between friends? You would expect the $30k car to be a bit better, but not too much.

The s2000 is just that, a bit better. And in my world, 5,000 dollars is a very considerable amount of money
I know ALOT of people who prefer the miata, even ignoring the MSM. The s2000 is overall a better performing vehicle, but that does not make the miata bad in any way
Spitsign is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 04:17 AM   #53
Jay-G
Banned
 
Jay-G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ross, California
Posts: 242
ok, but this thread is about american cars
Jay-G is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 04:18 AM   #54
Spitsign
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-G
ok, but this thread is about american cars

Alright then, if you want to start a debate on which country makes 'better' cars, you should be the first to offer facts. And when you do offer these facts, post credible sources next time And better in which way exactly? Be specific!
Spitsign is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 04:31 AM   #55
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
OMFG you brought in the 99integra AIM convo. In that case, Let me bring in the one you had with me.

EVERYBODY READ THIS, IT BRINGS OUT AMERICANCARSROK/JAY-G'S CHARACTER!


stup ir 2: lets see if we can work this out right now
stup ir 2: u liek cheap stuff, correct?
Godlaus1: when did I say that?
stup ir 2: yes or no
stup ir 2: do u ever like cheap syuff
stup ir 2: stuff**
Godlaus1: if I'm looking for cheap stuff, then I like cheap stuff
stup ir 2: ok, thats BIG
stup ir 2: i never like cheap stuff
stup ir 2: cheap stuff just ends up costing more in teh future
stup ir 2: if the only way u can sell a car is cheaply, u got problems
Godlaus1: cuz we all know a pinto costs more than an enzo in the future
stup ir 2: what the **** are u talking about
stup ir 2: U GET WHAT U PAY FOR
Godlaus1: then you're getting ripped off
stup ir 2: see thats the argument right there
stup ir 2: THAT IS THE KEY TO OUR DISCREPENCIES
stup ir 2: u obviosuly are not jewish
Godlaus1: wow
stup ir 2: u dont understand the meaning of prestige
Godlaus1: you bigoted piece of crap
stup ir 2: im jewish, ur a ****ing idiot
Godlaus1: what kind of statement is that
stup ir 2: jewish people fidn value in things
stup ir 2: not just cheap shit liek u
Godlaus1: where did I say I only like 'cheap shit'?
stup ir 2: seriously, what state do u live in
stup ir 2: u said :Godlaus1: then you're getting ripped off
Godlaus1: if you wasted a few more seconbds of your meaningless existence on CF, you'd look beneath my avatar, and see my location
Godlaus1: and I said you're getting ripped off because you said;
stup ir 2: U GET WHAT U PAY FOR
stup ir 2: becuase its tru
----------------------------------
(If sold you a pen that said porsche on it for 100 million dollars, are you getting what you paid for? Moron)

Just leave. You're the plague that gives us a bad name.
__________________
I am everything you want to be

Last edited by Godlaus : 06-22-2005 at 04:41 AM.
Godlaus is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 04:34 AM   #56
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Oh, and btw, here's your challenge.

Find me one new european/japanese car for 25 grand or less that hits 60 in 4.7, like the mustang.
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 04:37 AM   #57
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
stup ir 2: i never like cheap stuff
stup ir 2: cheap stuff just ends up costing more in teh future
stup ir 2: if the only way u can sell a car is cheaply, u got problems

stup ir 2: U GET WHAT U PAY FOR
stup ir 2: becuase its tru

So why are you arguing about the quality of Euro and Japanese cars? If you get what you pay for, then cars can easily be compared on price alone. Everyone look up the most expensive cars you can, and we can get a "Factual" line-up of the best cars.
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 04:40 AM   #58
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Can we all vote for a forum wide ignore add of jay-g/americancarsrok?
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 04:51 AM   #59
Jay-G
Banned
 
Jay-G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ross, California
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
Oh, and btw, here's your challenge.

Find me one new european/japanese car for 25 grand or less that hits 60 in 4.7, like the mustang.
hey retard, the mustang does 0-60 in 5.3, per r/t so what are you talking about?

and 0-60 is not the most important stat- ROADS HAVE TURNS
Jay-G is offline  
Old 06-22-2005, 04:57 AM   #60
Spitsign
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-G
hey retard, the mustang does 0-60 in 5.3, per r/t so what are you talking about?

and 0-60 is not the most important stat- ROADS HAVE TURNS

So? Some cars are better in a straight road, some are better through tight turns. How does that make one "better" in general?

Basically, it IS a matter of opinion.
Spitsign is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.