Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2004, 06:09 AM   #1
67Pony
CF Newbie

Im new to mechanics, and looking for advice on my 200ci

I bought a 67 Mustang with a 200ci motor last summer, and Im hoping somebody could give me some advice on getting more performance.
67Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 06:18 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Pony
I bought a 67 Mustang with a 200ci motor last summer, and Im hoping somebody could give me some advice on getting more performance.
We were sorta hoping that someone intelligent enough to be an engineering student would know that you always introduce yourself first. Especially when asking a question. Did you know we have a section just for that purpose? Great.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 06:19 AM   #3
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Pony

A hello would be nice...

You supply no information on at least how much you are willing to spend. Some things could be quite expensive...and it would be a waste of time to give you the ideas that you cannot even afford.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:13 AM   #4
67Pony
CF Newbie

Horribly sorry for the lack of introduction, the names Geoff, pronounced like Jeff if its important to you. I noticed the introduction thread after I had already posted. I apologize, and Ill do a more formal introduction there momentarily.
In regards to my car, Id like to keep it below $10k. I have already adapted the stock one barrel intake to a two barrel with a 5200 Holley carb. Im about to buy a pretty basic header from Clifford Performance. The main thing Im looking for advice on is charging. Ive heard and understand many arguments that turbocharging my engine is kind of engine pointless, but the only supercharging system I have seen that even resembles my motor is a Paxton, but thats for a 289ci with an intake desiged for a 4 barrel, I have a 200. Also my engine is kind of annoying in that regard the intake manilfold is permanently casted onto the side of the block so theres no changing that. Im open to ideas in either case. If I could be forgiven for my introduction fopaw, I would much like any advice that can be offered.
67Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:26 AM   #5
asa67_stang
CF Enthusiast

i'd suggest you don't go with clifford, there have been horror stories about them
poor customer service, shipping the wrong products, shipping the correct products but getting the quantity wrong, etc.

IIRC they are under a new management, so they might be getting better, but there are other places besides clifford to get parts for the 200

i wish i knew now what i will know in thirty years, that would be nice...

the 'net has warped my fragile little mind
asa67_stang is offline   Reply With Quote