Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2005, 04:31 AM   #1
Aondor
CF Addict
 
Aondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 452
Hmmm

Ive noticed somewhat frequently that in the domestic area people make posts such as AMERICAN MADE CARS ARE CRAPPY COMPARED TO JAP CARS! or EUROPEAN AUTOMOBILE ARE SUPERIOR. Well hears something I haven't noticed is that in the european and asian forums there aren't threads such as your cars can't compete with america etc.

I beleive the american car owner is secure enough not to have to put everyone around him down.

Maybe im biased i own all american cars

2001 Ford Sport Trac
1997 Jeep Laredo
1973 Mercury Comet
1996 Ford Probe
1972 Ford Ltd
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:44 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aondor
Ive noticed somewhat frequently that in the domestic area people make posts such as AMERICAN MADE CARS ARE CRAPPY COMPARED TO JAP CARS! or EUROPEAN AUTOMOBILE ARE SUPERIOR. Well hears something I haven't noticed is that in the european and asian forums there aren't threads such as your cars can't compete with america etc.

I beleive the american car owner is secure enough not to have to put everyone around him down.

Maybe im biased i own all american cars

2001 Ford Sport Trac
1997 Jeep Laredo
1973 Mercury Comet
1996 Ford Probe
1972 Ford Ltd
So is your point that you're better than the others who start threads like this... Or is your point that you have nothing to brag about because you own only American cars?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:49 AM   #3
Aondor
CF Addict
 
Aondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 452
ouch

ouch on american car comment. I may have gotten lost but my main point is why don't you see comments dishing european and asian cars on in there areas. Found it strange. What is the gripe against american vehicles? I don't have a gripe against there cars I think every vehicle has a place and purpose.
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:52 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aondor
ouch on american car comment. I may have gotten lost but my main point is why don't you see comments dishing european and asian cars on in there areas. Found it strange. What is the gripe against american vehicles? I don't have a gripe against there cars I think every vehicle has a place and purpose.
If you haven't read the sh*t talkers putting down Asian or European cars, it's only because you haven't looked or you chose to ignore them. That kind of idiot comes in every flavor and will sometimes even change their allegiance depending on the thread.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:59 AM   #5
hondaman
I drive a Buick.
 
hondaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere in Alabama
Posts: 1,432
Actually, I haven't seen ANY posts saying American cars are shit...which is good because they aren't. But there have been MANY saying with the same sentiment about Japanese cars here.
__________________
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:09 AM   #6
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
I'm guessing everyone thinks of American cars as crappy, and massive, because when most people think of an American car, a 5L Mustang, or 6L GTO comes to mind, and they overlook the smaller cars, like the Solstice, Cobalt (not too small, but still...), etc...
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:17 AM   #7
Aondor
CF Addict
 
Aondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 452
ok

Ok maybe I was imagining it. I haven't seen to much anti japanese car posts. I see a lot of anti ricer posts and Imo anti ricer posts are a ricer thing to do.
And vWhobo your icon type thing below your posts ( not quite sure what those are called) are really cool because they change pictures
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:24 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aondor
Ok maybe I was imagining it. I haven't seen to much anti japanese car posts. I see a lot of anti ricer posts and Imo anti ricer posts are a ricer thing to do.
And vWhobo your icon type thing below your posts ( not quite sure what those are called) are really cool because they change pictures
No, it's the same pic all the time... You must be looking at it from different angles.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:28 AM   #9
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
I see it as there is no crappy car. Unless it comes from the factory with about 5 or more recalls, its fine. Most americans use their cars for daily driving so whatever gets them from Point A-Point B is good enough. Generally though, the newer american cars dont last as much as japs. Id much rather take a Civic with 150k miles than a Grand Prix with 80k miles, only because of the dependability factor between domestics and imports. However, the American trucks and SUVs are made like rocks. Lets say that you are a regular driver, and get a Tahoe with the Z71 package (dont see where you can use it much). You dont use the full capability of the car, so there is less wear and tear, therefore the vehicle lasts longer. Import cars are just made with better quality parts, and therefore they last longer. Then there is the factor of how you drive. If you drive like a maniac, there might be one or two cars that will last long for you, and the rest will break down sooner than needed.
Point: Most cars are good for most people, and if you are just an average american looking for a sedan, then most anything will do. At that point its just a matter of what options you want and what manufacturer provides them. It however, doesnt matter to a lot of people because they lease, so they dont have to worry about these things.
Just my
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:39 AM   #10
Aondor
CF Addict
 
Aondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 452
SUv

Suvs are only good for driving on wet roads in comercials- Mike Thomas

That quote always made me laugh though i don't realy beleive that. Suvs will take a god awful beating and you can drive them anywhere. My friend had a (92) Blazer (not quite sure on year) we took that car everywhere. We use to drive around Salem college campus( local college) and by drive around i mean through there campus and knock ove there stones benches and tear up all the grass. Oh what fun times.
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:42 AM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I see it as there is no crappy car. Unless it comes from the factory with about 5 or more recalls, its fine. Most americans use their cars for daily driving so whatever gets them from Point A-Point B is good enough. Generally though, the newer american cars dont last as much as japs. Id much rather take a Civic with 150k miles than a Grand Prix with 80k miles, only because of the dependability factor between domestics and imports. However, the American trucks and SUVs are made like rocks. Lets say that you are a regular driver, and get a Tahoe with the Z71 package (dont see where you can use it much). You dont use the full capability of the car, so there is less wear and tear, therefore the vehicle lasts longer. Import cars are just made with better quality parts, and therefore they last longer. Then there is the factor of how you drive. If you drive like a maniac, there might be one or two cars that will last long for you, and the rest will break down sooner than needed.
Point: Most cars are good for most people, and if you are just an average american looking for a sedan, then most anything will do. At that point its just a matter of what options you want and what manufacturer provides them. It however, doesnt matter to a lot of people because they lease, so they dont have to worry about these things.
Just my
You mean like this?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:13 AM   #12
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Aondor, I can think of a few Japanese and European cars I would quite happily slag. I have seen a greater number of Americans on Ford forums slagging the General and vice versa though, which suggests that there must be some issues that even the "secure" american car owners are harbouring.
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:41 PM   #13
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aondor
Maybe im biased i own all american cars

2001 Ford Sport Trac
1997 Jeep Laredo
1973 Mercury Comet
1996 Ford Probe
1972 Ford Ltd

just for the record, your 96 and 01 fords are both at least partially mazda (just thought you oughta know...) so they're fazdas...
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #14
Aondor
CF Addict
 
Aondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
just for the record, your 96 and 01 fords are both at least partially mazda (just thought you oughta know...) so they're fazdas...

Ford owns a market share in mazda and in fact the probe was created by mazda and ford together and was originaly to be called the Maztang( new mustang lets be glad they used the name probe instead)
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:54 PM   #15
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
I guess it seems biased Import owners are more immature than biased American owners.
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.