Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2004, 12:53 AM   #16
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dane
ok then...britan is England...

...we only bought the chrysler because it was the biggest MPV we could get that didnt look like a van. and on a cold morning we start the car a 7:50 get in at 8 and then drive for 10 mins, and it is ****ing freezing even with the heat on full, also the seat heaters burn your ass and your lower back and dont heat anywhere else...not much good! and WTF? is a frugal price? frugal means its economical!

...however some of the newer american cars which are just in concept stage at the moment look amazing...but for now i will stay away from american cars despite your arguments!

A more economical price when comparing to other imports...

FYI...I don't buy American for reasons including your complaints.

I'd have to if I did.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:32 AM   #17
asa67_stang
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
...we only bought the chrysler because it was the biggest MPV we could get that didnt look like a van.
so you bought a vehicle on looks only, then decided you didn't like how it worked?
that's a BRILLIANT idea!!!!!
i need to do that with my next vehicle

Quote:
and on a cold morning we start the car a 7:50 get in at 8 and then drive for 10 mins, and it is ****ing freezing even with the heat on full
how cold is cold?
it's been below 30 during the days for the past few weeks, it takes my truck 10 minutes of HEAVY DRIVING before it starts to warm, just letting it idle? ha! that'd be a joke, i'd get to work and immediately turn around and say "hey, i'm goin to lunch"
so, how cold are these cold mornings?

i wish i knew now what i will know in thirty years, that would be nice...

the 'net has warped my fragile little mind
asa67_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:18 AM   #18
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
... no offence to all you americans but over here, 'across the pond' we see your cars as large, uneconomic, boring barges that cant take any corners...i just thought i would tell you that...because to me it seems true!
There may be something to your opinion, but if you want to "cross the pond" you'd do well to use a "boring barge" like this. You'll never see a European car being used for this!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../cuba_car_dc_2

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:22 AM   #19
lectroid
0000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
There may be something to your opinion, but if you want to "cross the pond" you'd do well to use a "boring barge" like this. You'll never see a European car being used for this!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../cuba_car_dc_2

TRUE GRIT!
Old 02-05-2004, 06:08 PM   #20
Flying_Dane
CF Newbie

actually the dutton mariner, :P and the Gibbs Aquada are both amphibious and are both from europe
Flying_Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:52 PM   #21
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
actually the dutton mariner, :P and the Gibbs Aquada are both amphibious and are both from europe
And you wonder why Europeans have a reputation for no sense of humor.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:58 AM   #22
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Im from Wisconsin. Home of the amphibious Duck!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 07:51 AM   #23
lectroid
0000?

Quote:

Dutton Mariner= Ford Fiesta
Gibbs Aquada = $225,000

I'll go with the Buick
Old 02-06-2004, 08:01 AM   #24
lectroid
0000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
lectroid wrote: -
"What a pretty slut she was
Couldn't let it go, could you ????? Neither could I ! How much snow did she have up her nose?"

At least vwhoboís jokes were witty. Thereís no need for you to make comments like that about Diana. Iím not a royalist or anything but Diana really doesnít deserve that kind of disrespect. It seems that Flying Dame has brought out the worst in you as a CF member but although he did provoke this sort of tone in this topic, your posts are still an overreaction to his basis for a discussion.

I think youíll find that a Jaguar X-Type (yes I know that it has ford underpinnings) is quite a good car but thatís about as modest as modern British cars get.

Snoop, you talk to me about disrespect???? Look at your freaking signature pic. Get a GRIP bloak

Last edited by lectroid : 02-06-2004 at 08:19 AM.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 01:57 PM   #25
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

lectroid, you canít compare George Bush to Lady Diana. If I could have got a picture like that of that other war-mongering puppet Tony Blair then I would have used that for my signature picture instead. Itís political satire, which canít be compared to you attacking an innocent woman just because you assumed that she came from the same place as someone who said that they had a poor impression of American cars.
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:46 PM   #26
lectroid
0000?

Quote:
lectroid, you canít compare George Bush to Lady Diana. If I could have got a picture like that of that other war-mongering puppet Tony Blair then I would have used that for my signature picture instead. Itís political satire, which canít be compared to you attacking an innocent woman just because you assumed that she came from the same place as someone who said that they had a poor impression of American cars.

War mongering puppet? LONG LIVE SADDAM and God save the Queen ( for whatever she's worth)
Old 02-09-2004, 08:59 PM   #27
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Lectroid, Saddam Hussein should never have been released after the Gulf war! George Bush and Tony Blair were right to remove Saddam Hussein from power last year but theyíve now left Iraq in a mess with no official government and more terrorists out there. Saddam was someone to take it out on after they failed to find Osama Bin Laden. Again, the Taliban were someone to retaliate against because Bush couldnít do anything else once the September 11th attack had happened. Some of the main things that Bush and Blair have managed to achieve through these wars are destruction, civilian deaths and casualties (also the deaths and casualties of American and British soldiers) and large amounts of money disposed of at the taxpayerís expense. No matter how many Al-Kaeda got killed, thereíll still be plenty more terrorists left to carry out more attacks if they wish to do so.
As for the line, ďGod save the QueenĒ, I also think that it's I already said that Iím not a royalist
Those are some of my views and there are many more points that I could make but after all, this topic was meant to be a discussion about American cars and not war.
Iíd also like to take this opportunity to say that Iím flattered that youíve dedicated your signature pictures to me. To have someone go to such lengths as to add pictures to their signature for my sake is a real honour
Since you seem to like photo-shopped pictures of famous people taking drugs, Iíve sent some more as attachments below to show my appreciation. I figured that you could always add the picture of Prince Harry to your signature to form a decent collection of English Royal Family members. Youíd have one member from each of the three generations then
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Prince Harry.jpg (27.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Rumsfeld.jpg (24.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 10 Downing Street.jpg (21.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Blair and Bush.jpg (28.6 KB, 12 views)
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:13 PM   #28
asa67_stang
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
managed to achieve through these wars are destruction, civilian deaths and casualties (also the deaths and casualties of American and British soldiers) and large amounts of money disposed of at the taxpayerís expense.
it's war you 'tard
shit happens

do you think they drop rubber bombs that bounce around humorously and don't hurt anyone or destroy any buildings?
no, they drop laser-guided bombs directly on targets that are actually targets (as opposed to wars like Viet Nam where they practiced such wonderous tactics as "carpet bombing" and "Operation Ranch Hand" where Agent Orange was sprayed indiscriminately)
if there was a bomb dropped, there was a reason for it, and there was only a certain amount of damage done
i dare you to compile the data and compare this war against any other war in the past century that the US has participated in, lord knows we've saved Europe enough
the civilian deaths will be less
the amount of destruction will be less
the casualties are most definetly less
tax payers money? that's iffy at best, but that's going to be the only one increased negatively, how much would you pay to better someone's life? a whole country's life? we aren't done, and we won't ever be if we aren't allowed to finish, there are still parts of Europe recovering from WWII

civilian deaths? shit...
when military members hide out in protected buildings, that building almost always loses it's protection, and those buildings get bombed
this is a provision of many various war protocols, so who caused those civilian deaths? the soldiers that canceled out the protection, or the soldiers dropping the bombs?

what about what the military is doing to help the iraqi people? you don't hear about that because you only get the news
i get to talk to people who are actually there, or who have been there in the past few months
some of the stories i've heard, some of the lives that have been changed for the better
yes, there was a point to this war

i wish i knew now what i will know in thirty years, that would be nice...

the 'net has warped my fragile little mind

Last edited by asa67_stang : 02-09-2004 at 09:25 PM.
asa67_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:37 AM   #29
SuperJew
I like pie.

who feels the government (yes both USA and UK) lied to us about the "WMDs" in Iraq. I for one find it odd that Bush keeps talking about weapons of mass destruction that Iraq posesses and yet when we, unnecessarily, might i add, invade Iraq nothing of the sort is found? ok so maybe there were trucks that had the capability to produce toxins, but were they being used? also, maybe Clinton destroyed all Iraq had in his 1998 surgical attack on suspected chemical sites. maybe there were no WMDs at all in the first place!

and my stance on the whole war is that it was a whole load of bullshit. I don't see how we couldn't have just sent in groups of commandos to take out the high government officials (Saddam Hussein, etc.) a long time ago, when we knew where Hussein was. this whole "were gonna bulldoze the whole country, and then make a new government" war is a crock of shit in my opinion. Bush should be voted out of office this coming November.

Bush

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:40 AM   #30
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
who feels the government (yes both USA and UK) lied to us about the "WMDs" in Iraq.

Do you mean to insinuate it being the first time? Hardly!! You are lied to daily by the government and the press. Don't ever forget that.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote