Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2005, 07:02 PM   #1
kolohe
CF Newbie

Aloha!

I own a 1988 Nissan 300ZX, 2+2, non-turbo with 120,000 miles. It is in very good condition - mechanical and body wise. I've been doing the basic maintenance myself.

Is it necessary to change the PCV valve? If so, where in the engine can I find it? Is it also necessary to change the gas filter?

Thanks.
kolohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 01:38 AM   #2
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolohe
I own a 1988 Nissan 300ZX, 2+2, non-turbo with 120,000 miles. It is in very good condition - mechanical and body wise. I've been doing the basic maintenance myself.

Is it necessary to change the PCV valve? If so, where in the engine can I find it? Is it also necessary to change the gas filter?

Thanks.

yes and yes restricted flow of fuel due to clogging filter puts extra load on the pump(overheating/burnout) and for the pcv this is what i got

On the 1980 and later models, no regularly scheduled replacement of the valve is called for. The valve must be replaced whenever it is clogged

so remove the hose in the picture then start the car and check for vacuum should be a strong suction/hissing sound

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

<Link removed>......Please read the rules on advertising!
osborste is offline   Reply With Quote