Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2005, 11:43 AM   #1
banke
CF Newbie

amp install, help needed

i have a 96 camry 2.2l, recently i purchased an amp and all the wires found their correct places except for the amp remote trigger wire. i am using the stock factory cd head unit, and it does not have an amp rem wire. were else can i connect this wire. any help will be greatfully excepted.thank you
banke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by banke
i have a 96 camry 2.2l, recently i purchased an amp and all the wires found their correct places except for the amp remote trigger wire. i am using the stock factory cd head unit, and it does not have an amp rem wire. were else can i connect this wire. any help will be greatfully excepted.thank you

somehow, I seem to doubt that 96 stock unit even came with an amp preout, at least one that was any good....

but in the instance that it did, there should be a remote trigger option for it, because if it didn't, then I don't know what else you could do. The amp would continously be on...which isn't a good thing.

Personally, I suggest talking to someone at your local car audio store, and see if they have any ideas...
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:08 AM   #3
banke
CF Newbie

correction

i had a high to low pass converterwhich convertd the speaker output to pre amp output. Will an amp work without an trigger.
banke is offline   Reply With Quote