Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2005, 03:41 AM   #1
FordFromHell351
Banned
 
FordFromHell351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 854
New Camaro For 2007?

I read in my Road & Track magazine I got yesterday that Chevrolet might be doing a retro styled Camaro for 2007. They are taking the old and mixing it with the new. What they are basically doing is just mocking what Ford has done with the new Mustang.

Also, theres talk about a new Dodge Challenger in the near future. However, it does NOT have retro styling (figures ) it just looks like any other new Dodge, big, oversized, grill, and long body lines, BUT...its not a 4 door
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 04:47 AM   #2
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Screw the Challenger, I want a good Charger.

And screw Camaro, I want Trans-Am!
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 04:51 AM   #3
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Why would they bring back the camaro, though?

They change the name to GTO and charged 5 grand more.....
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:04 AM   #4
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Theres a few different styles that it may look like, the majority of them though look like:





And there may be a sad possiblity it comes out like this:

__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:29 AM   #5
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch
 
TurboLag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia. WVU stand up
Posts: 699
Hopefully it has 69's lines
__________________
-Alex

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:01 PM   #6
FordFromHell351
Banned
 
FordFromHell351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
Why would they bring back the camaro, though?

They change the name to GTO and charged 5 grand more.....
Because they see Ford making a good profit from a pony car with retro styling, so they have decided to do the same. Its like a new age muscle car era type thing.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:51 AM   #7
Flame Roller
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
Because they see Ford making a good profit from a pony car with retro styling, so they have decided to do the same. Its like a new age muscle car era type thing.

Wow, someone is slightly biased. I hate to say it, well actually I don't, but you are wrong. The reason for the discontinuing of the Camaro/Firebird was mainly due to the closing of the plant in Canada, as the lease ran out for GM, so they had nowhere to make the cars, but the closed plant had the contract for the car 'til 2007.... thusly the long wait for the return. However with the state of GM these days we can only pray the car actually comes back... and I hope it looks better in comparison than the new Mustang.
Flame Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:12 AM   #8
carls47807
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: new york
Posts: 582
whatever, i just hope the new one doesn't resemble a chrysler sebring again. pfft.

the 69 lines are definitely sharp. rear wheel drive i'm assuming?
carls47807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:17 AM   #9
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
Because they see Ford making a good profit from a pony car with retro styling, so they have decided to do the same. Its like a new age muscle car era type thing.

Hmmm... Forgot how bad of a seller the GTO was. But, the secret to the mustang selling is the retro look, and it's price sticker. And by the look of it, they're not going for the retro look.

Quote:
the 69 lines are definitely sharp. rear wheel drive i'm assuming?

A FWD camaro? Fans (including me) would be outraged.
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 07:07 AM   #10
mx3_monster
im completely sane
 
mx3_monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Racine,WI
Posts: 646
I hope they do bring back the camaro but i heard that if they do it will only be in limited production is this true? But i think that ford will always continue making bigger profits from the new mustang evewn if chevy comes back with the camaro. I got a chance to drive an 05 gt and man it will be hard to beat that at all!!!!!!!!!!
mx3_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:51 PM   #11
FordFromHell351
Banned
 
FordFromHell351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Roller
Wow, someone is slightly biased. I hate to say it, well actually I don't, but you are wrong. The reason for the discontinuing of the Camaro/Firebird was mainly due to the closing of the plant in Canada, as the lease ran out for GM, so they had nowhere to make the cars, but the closed plant had the contract for the car 'til 2007.... thusly the long wait for the return. However with the state of GM these days we can only pray the car actually comes back... and I hope it looks better in comparison than the new Mustang.
True, but why was the Camaro even made in the first place 38 years ago? To follow up the Mustang. When GM has seen someone doing something they dont, they feel the need to copy it. They are doing the same thing now. They see Ford with a strong force in the automobile market, and they want to do the same.
What are you talking about you hope it looks better than the new Mustang? The new Mustang is a auto design MASTERPIECE. I havent seen a car so beautiful in a long while, and the people agree. 9 out of 10 automobile consumers love the new design.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:00 PM   #12
FordFromHell351
Banned
 
FordFromHell351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
Hmmm... Forgot how bad of a seller the GTO was. But, the secret to the mustang selling is the retro look, and it's price sticker. And by the look of it, they're not going for the retro look.


A FWD camaro? Fans (including me) would be outraged.

No actually I didnt. I know how harsh on the eyes the new GTO is. It looks like a bloated Grand Am. And the way GM trys to make it look better is just pitiful. Sticking on a couple of hood scoops and a little spoiler

Im sure they would keep the new Camaro RWD. What competition would it be for Mustang if it wasnt?

Also, I forgot to mention that GM is also thinking of making the Impala and the Monte Carlo RWD as well. They want to try to get inot the muscle car market as well.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:02 PM   #13
FordFromHell351
Banned
 
FordFromHell351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Theres a few different styles that it may look like, the majority of them though look like:





And there may be a sad possiblity it comes out like this:


The first one looks awesome. I hope they do make it look like that. I would go out and buy one along with a new Mustang!
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 07:45 PM   #14
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
I agree with you Ford, the first one is the best looking and i bet it would put up a good fight with the new Mustang. GM has to do something and start making some good selling cars to go against Ford (right now Ford is much better, never thought i'd EVER say that lol).
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:34 PM   #15
FordFromHell351
Banned
 
FordFromHell351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
I agree with you Ford, the first one is the best looking and i bet it would put up a good fight with the new Mustang. GM has to do something and start making some good selling cars to go against Ford (right now Ford is much better, never thought i'd EVER say that lol).
Ford has always been much better, especially in the reliability area.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.