Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2005, 06:37 AM   #1
nick766
CF Newbie

Unhappy info about 1969 camaro

hey everyone I am looking to buy a 1969 camaro, but i don't know what to think about this car, can you tell me some good or bad things about this car and if its a good deal? I don't even know if it drives.. Its $6500 take a look, thanks.

This Camaro has a rare 396 ci Block with 454 Heads. The Engine was reconstructed by an unknown manufacturer, PROCAR. It has PROCAR engraved in both block and heads. I was told the engine has high performance parts but since I lack knowledge in the subject I donít know what to tell you. Maybe something like Eagle rods. I can tell you that the only thing stock in that engine would probably be the Cam. I know, thatís where the Horsepower is at. I think the guy said it makes around 430+ horsepower on crank. I canít guarantee it but believe me this engine packs a punch! My father paid nearly $5000.00 for it about 6 years ago.
The car has a 4-speed; honestly I donít know what kind of four-speed? But the gears need to be adjusted. I think it has a Lakewood bell housing. It has an all steel transmission support.
The car comes with bucket seats out of a 1979 Camaro. Rear seat is original. The interior needs to be redone. Needs Headliner, carpet, newer upholstery. All of the glass is there with no extreme scratches and no cracks.
The car sits on 2001 Camaro 17X9 silver SS 10-spokes. Stock drum brakes
The rear is in a 10 bolt and not posi.
I did research on the car and found out that the Camaro was originally a 6cyl Plane Jane, white exterior and black exterior, column shift auto,;
What it needs:
Needs somebody, somewhere, to really enjoy this car. Itís a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro. I know itís my dream car and itís probably yours too. I would say investing another 4,000 into the car will really do it. Lots of TLC and someone who knows what theyíre doing. I would rate this car at a 6 from a 1-10 scale. The reason i am selling the car is because I have started a new life, new career, and am going to be a Father very, very soon. I have tried to sell it for a while but had no luck.

what do u think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cam1.jpg (13.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg cam2.jpg (12.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg cam3.jpg (12.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg cam4.jpg (10.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by nick766 : 07-10-2005 at 07:04 AM.
nick766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:53 AM   #2
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

ummmmm.... I dunno, Its a fakey. But if you aren't looking for an original or a car to enter in car shows, but just one to drive I'd say go for it. Get a positrac rear end though

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:55 AM   #3
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Do you have any pics or anything or the car? And how much experiencedo you have around older cars? Sounds kinda cool.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:59 AM   #4
corbett_auto
CF Addict

It sounds like a good deal to me. The price of Camaros has gone through the roof lately, so that price isn't bad by todays standards for a running car. Also A camaro is a good choice for a restoration because there is nothing you can not buy as a replacement parts.
corbett_auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:06 PM   #5
72firebird
Banned

okay. i think for the money its overpriced. id offer like 4 grand, maybe 5. cause its not original or anything. but then again 69 camaros are expensive, because its one of the more popular years because people like the wider lower stance. but i think it is overpriced. especialy when his dad payed 5 grand and it doesnt seem like they did anything to it since he dont even know whats in it. and the reason he had no luck selling it is because its over priced. i mean the fact that it runs is a plus. but my brother bought a 68 mustang that had just been restored from the ground up for 6000 and mustangs arent cheap either. and as for the tranny. its probably a muncie, but since it was originaly a column shift auto who knows what kind of tranny is in it. but like i sad the body looks in good shape but it is over priced a bit. but then again pos rust bucket 69s are selling for 3 grand with no tranny or engine
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:44 PM   #6
fc7gtx
CF Newbie

I would hate to guess on a selling price, but like what was said above if its not selling you have two issues. 1. Overpriced 2. No exposure to the market.

I would hate to really see what that thing needs for a restoration but $4000.00 won't even come close to getting it ready for local shows or even a safe potent street car. I do love the '69 body style and for someone with a deep desire to have a '69 camaro it might be a 'cool project'. You are in about the worst postion in getting out of it what you want. Its not running, unless you have specs/sales slip for the engine rebuild,word of mouth on what the engine really is won't do you much good,and its a granny car to begin with. On the good side there is always somebody out there looking for a project so you may get lucky. Good Luck with it!!!!

Stick it on Ebay!!!!
fc7gtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:57 PM   #7
72firebird
Banned

lol he was asking us if that was a good deal cas he wanted to buy it. not because hes the one selling it.
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote