Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2005, 05:26 AM   #31
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
The problem is if money's no problem you start with a different car. We use FCs because you can get a dead one for under $500. I already HAD mine, bought and paid for on a $7/hour job. Money was definitely an issue.

And you know, the 20B turbo does the one thing to the car that rotards think the V8 does: it puts more weight over the nose and upsets the balance of the car. So now you've spent $20k on the engine, and more to install it, and you end up with a car that has about the same power as a barely modded $3000 LS1, and you've actually made the balance worse than the LS1 conversion. Might as well that that $20k and light it on fire and watch the dollar bills burn.

Oh, and if you use it regularly, you'll probably have to rebuild the 20BTurbo annually.

I just suggested th 20b because that's what the fastest (or one of the fastest) rotary drag car uses.

Here take a look, it's an MX6 with a 20b transplant that has run a 7.04 quarter mile time.

PAC MX6

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:12 AM   #32
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

*drools*.. gotta love pac performance...

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:48 PM   #33
WakeF2005
CF Newbie

You can get a 1.3L rotary engine up to 700hp...not that you would need that much...well...maybe. Anyways, don't worry about getting a different type of engine, you can blow any of them up. Next time get a better radiator, turbo timer, or anything else you can find to keep the engine relatively cool. The rotary engine is great unless it overheats, then its done .
Old 08-17-2005, 02:16 AM   #34
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

we all know how i feel about the topic

actaully now that the TII is going good i am getting a 89 supra NA for a daily to replace the Jetta. But another 7 project will be up soon...
Old 08-17-2005, 10:43 AM   #35
TDash
CF Newbie

RX-7s engine

well it depends on what you want to do with it!

Pro-Drag throw a nice 302 or 305.

Street 13bTt or Tri-rotor

casual every day 626 engine is perfect

if you decide to go rotor be prepared to be an on the spot mechanic and take care of the car like an infant. Means little to no drive and park driving mind you it is a converted airplane engine so it is built for the longer drives. I own an 85 RX-7 with the 13b in it and the previous owner tore it up now it is getting a complete overhaul. I cannot decide weither i sould throw a 305 or go for a jza80 or AE86. Dreams!
TDash is offline   Reply With Quote