Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2004, 05:06 AM   #1
timothy
CF Newbie

Unhappy stickin throttle

:i GOT A 93LX 5.0 Itried to adjust the idle down using the idle speed adjusting screw that brought it down a little ,but now the throttle sticks, especialy after it's been sittin for mor than a 1/2 hr,&sometimes at lite I sure could use some HELPFULL info THANKX
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 05:25 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy
:i GOT A 93LX 5.0 Itried to adjust the idle down using the idle speed adjusting screw that brought it down a little ,but now the throttle sticks, especialy after it's been sittin for mor than a 1/2 hr,&sometimes at lite I sure could use some HELPFULL info THANKX
Another case of someone doing something they don't know how to do. The idle speed on your Mustang is not adjustable, it is controlled by the PCM. What you have done now is monkeyed with the throttle stop which will only make your existing problem harder to diagnose.

Do not work on your car uless you either know exactly what you are doing or have a service manual to guide you.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:22 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy
Thankx for your helpfull insight,Ithought this forum was for help! not tellin someone how stupid they are!
Please, if you have something to say, say it in public. If you'll re-read my post I didn't tell you how stupid you are, I only provided enough information for you to figure it out on your own.

I don't know where you got the idea that this forum is your personal "free help" site or that anyone here owes you anything. Aagin, if you re-read my post you'll see that I did tell you what you did wrong.

So, since you don't like my info, let's just sit here and watch this post and see how many other answers you get. Have a great day.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 02-26-2004, 01:41 AM   #4
DodgeRida67
Banned

got the same engine....same problem awhile ago. vacuum leak. and vwhobo, you can change the idle speed. the manuals say you cant but you can. you adjust the air horn stop.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 03:51 PM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
got the same engine....same problem awhile ago. vacuum leak. and vwhobo, you can change the idle speed. the manuals say you cant but you can. you adjust the air horn stop.
You are the type of simpleton that makes the life of a professional technician so difficult. Read my first reply in this thread. Yes, that will change the idle speed. It will also throw of all of the operating parameters and confuse the PCM. Just because you can do something doesn't make it right.

Old 02-27-2004, 04:07 PM   #6
DodgeRida67
Banned

Uh, Hm. We seem to have a know-it-all redneck here. Adjusting the air horn works fine for adjusting the idle...the control computer adjusts the idle when you do that.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:14 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Uh, Hm. We seem to have a know-it-all redneck here. Adjusting the air horn works fine for adjusting the idle...the control computer adjusts the idle when you do that.
No it doesn't. The only type of person that would make that statement is the know it all redneck.

Answer me this genius. If the PCM will compensate for the additional opening of the throttle plate, which is nothing more than a self induced vacuum leak, why won't it compensate for an actual vacuum leak? Hmmm. If you can come up with some bullsh*t answer for that, try this. As soon as you mis-adjust the throttle plate, how does the PCM compensate for the fact that the TPS is now reading that the throttle is open, probably 1+vdc? Better yet, do you even know what any of that means?

Old 02-27-2004, 04:23 PM   #8
DodgeRida67
Banned

Um, Your seriously....anyway. Answer this: What the hell do you think happens when you press on the gas pedal? It opens the freaking air horn.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:24 PM   #9
DodgeRida67
Banned

Don't give me no crap now.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:31 PM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Um, Your seriously....anyway. Answer this: What the hell do you think happens when you press on the gas pedal? It opens the freaking air horn.
Quote:
Don't give me no crap now.
No sh*t you moron you. It's called the engine being under load or accelerating. The purpose of the throttle stop is to, of all things, stop the throttle... AT IDLE. What you are doing is tap dancing. I asked you three very specific questions but you completely ignored the first two. The third one you answered without even meaning to.

With every word you type you show more and more ignorance, so why don't you just stop now?

Old 02-27-2004, 04:35 PM   #11
DodgeRida67
Banned

Calling me a moron now arent you. While I was waiting on your responce to this thread I check around on others you have replied to. Bottem line your a freaking Jackass. You run everyone down thinking your king shit.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:37 PM   #12
DodgeRida67
Banned

A question im sure might sink you. Why does the air horn have an adjusting screw? Yeah, it's for adjusting something. But what? Hm..yes....indeed. Throttle.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:41 PM   #13
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Calling me a moron now arent you. While I was waiting on your responce to this thread I check around on others you have replied to. Bottem line your a freaking Jackass. You run everyone down thinking your king shit.
Sweetie, take a look about six posts up, you were the first one to call names. That is an chronicled and undisputable fact. You're still calling names now, maybe it's time for your mommy to put you down for your nappie.

The bottom line is that I spend alot of time trying to help people, most of whom are too lazy to help themselves. Don't get pissed at me because I called your bluff when you went forth spewing bullsh*t. You got busted, just admit it. Oh yeah, how about the answers to those questions.

Old 02-27-2004, 04:44 PM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
A question im sure might sink you. Why does the air horn have an adjusting screw? Yeah, it's for adjusting something. But what? Hm..yes....indeed. Throttle.
Yes, which I've already explained, but I'll do it one more time for the slow kid in the class. It is a throttle plate stop. It's only purpose is to stop the throttle plate so it doesn't bind against the throttle body when closed. It is not nor ever will be an idle speed adjustment. Is that simple enough for you to understand?

Old 02-27-2004, 04:48 PM   #15
DodgeRida67
Banned

Technically it's called an air horn