Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2005, 02:22 AM   #1
jammonit
CF Newbie

1998 Plymouth Breeze

Help please. I was driving my car down the interstate and it started making a loud noise. I pulled over and popped the hood, sparks were coming from the starter. I tried starting it again and nothing. I changed the fuse to the ignition and it just keeps blowing it. Now when I get it started the starter just keeps going and going. I have to disconnect the power to shut it off. Is my starter going out or what? Please help. Email me at jerjan@charter.net.Thanks
jammonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 01:24 PM   #2
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammonit
Help please. I was driving my car down the interstate and it started making a loud noise. I pulled over and popped the hood, sparks were coming from the starter. I tried starting it again and nothing. I changed the fuse to the ignition and it just keeps blowing it. Now when I get it started the starter just keeps going and going. I have to disconnect the power to shut it off. Is my starter going out or what? Please help. Email me at jerjan@charter.net.Thanks

well if sparks shot from the starter and now it keeps going and blowing fuses ya i think the starter solinoid went and you need to replace it as a unit/complete starter

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

<Link removed>......Please read the rules on advertising!
osborste is offline   Reply With Quote