Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2005, 12:32 AM   #16
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Chevy troll...

No. Fords do not suck. The only Ford I genuinely can't stand is the Taurus...and a few other no-longer-in-service cars, but those are all in the past. The new Ford 500 is an excellent car, IMHO, not to mention the new Mustang...
Old 07-13-2005, 12:36 AM   #17
Bino
Written Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I think there were a few more than just those two words incorrectly spelled. Mind you, the American spelling of a few words is quite different to Commonwealth spelling so I should be careful:- banana may well have three "n"s and opinion two "P"s .

heh, missed that... oh the irony .
Old 07-13-2005, 03:52 AM   #18
FordFromHell351
Banned

The fact that you are an ignorant ass is very obvious.

Ford builds their cars so much better than GM does. Have you seen what a Silverado front end looks like? Its just plastic panels around the engine bay, everything can be removed, fenders, grill, everything. Then the engine is just left sitting in the open. Ford uses a full boxed frame around their engine bays, once you remove the panels, theres actually something there.

Those damn Vortec engines are nothing to be proud about either. Ive been riding in one, and the whole god damn oil pan blew off! And it only had 3,000 miles on it! It was brand new!!!

Those LS1 engines they put in the Camaros are notorious for spinning bearings, and having alternators go bad.

The fact that all these Fords have, "broken down" on you is probably because you dont know how to take care of your vehicle.

And have we forgotten about the Quad 4? Hmmmm? That was the poorest engineering GM has EVER done I think!

The statement "Chevy, Like A Rock." should be changed to "Chevy, Like A Sandstone"

Im not saying all GM cars a re horrible, I love the 3.8L V6 they put in the Bonnevilles, and Monte Carlos. With the exception of the air conditioning in the 98-00 model Bonneville and Monte Carlo being absolutly atrocious.

Last edited by FordFromHell351 : 07-13-2005 at 03:55 AM.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:57 AM   #19
carls47807
CF Freak

i don't think it's fair comparing new chevy junk to new ford junk. it's all junk.

i personally like the older chevy's better than the fords. the fords always seemed to look old really fast to me.

like my 86 G20 van. it could be a 1994 and nobody would know it. If it were an E250 it would be a rusty dinosaur.
carls47807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:58 AM   #20
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Nicely said FFH, I agree. But let's face it, each maker has it's downsides and upsides. Of course, Ford has more upsides than downsides and GM more downsides than upsides, and that Vortec could've just been a lemon. They can't make every one right, and niether can Ford. My dad had an F-150 that shook very hard when it idled, and there was nothing the dealer could do. Well, they kinda blew him off, so it's more the dealer's fault, not Ford's. So he got a Titan. I like that truck...
Ford is still better than GM.
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:26 AM   #21
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
and like wtf comparing ford chev and dodge is like apples and oranges and bannana's are you a ****ing idiot there all cars retard all built in mass production on an assembly line, yes all manufacturers have up's and down's, personally no one knows how to build a car these days, if you make a goddamn car outa plastic and charge more money off the lot than it has ever costed for a car you are ripping people off, farming out parts to be built by the lowest bidder is also crap, me having to buy a new door panel because it was plastic and old and broke when i took it off and the customers cries about it so im responsible like fU CK, you little twit you bought a goddamn plastic car i hope you all die in sever car crashes when your motor rams through your chest, more speed less emmissions more plastic and more ignorant little twats on the road make this trade shit, im seriously considering not carrying through with my career because of the shit a mechanic has to put up with these days, everyone thinks it's 100 dollar tune up's and they all want work done but they don't wanna pay the bill, i nearly choked some old american dude today for being an ignorant F uCK and i actually called the RCMP to have him removed from my shop, i think everyone should have thier liscences revoked(drivers and mechanics) and all have to rewrite so we can weed out the tards, good luck automotive shithole hell die....
Old 07-13-2005, 04:29 AM   #22
carls47807
CF Freak

a little aggressive but nicely put.

and i hate it when newbies come into shit hole retail advance auto and think they know what they are talking about and end up ****ing shit up and blaming it on me. yea buy your little r12 conversion kit and see if it works you little bastard. way to not evacuate the system, i hope you blow your face off.
carls47807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:32 AM   #23
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

By the sounds of it, its more the people then the cars that are bad. The makers AND the people who buy them. Banff, do you get alot of idiots/complainers or have you been in the automotive field for a while, or is it both?

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:33 AM   #24
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
im having a crap day, and am getting tired of this cry fest, ford chev dodge who the hell cares, i think you shouldn't be allowed to drive unless you understand the basics of a car....like putting gas in it to start, humans are such vile creatures i wonder how we ever made it to the top of the food chain, i should live where the man eating lions do, so maybe they will kill off the weaker ones. oh and some girl was raped and beaten in my small town which makes me even more angry because he was probably already been charged with a violent crime and let off with a slap on the wrist when he shoulda had a .22 putin his skull and burned his remains, how fu ckin g sad this world is....
Old 07-13-2005, 05:26 AM   #25
nsupra27
CF Enthusiast

I think Fords are built better now. And plus GM is in debt.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:36 AM   #26
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
and like wtf comparing ford chev and dodge is like apples and oranges and bannana's are you a ****ing idiot there all cars retard all built in mass production on an assembly line, yes all manufacturers have up's and down's, personally no one knows how to build a car these days, if you make a goddamn car outa plastic and charge more money off the lot than it has ever costed for a car you are ripping people off, farming out parts to be built by the lowest bidder is also crap, me having to buy a new door panel because it was plastic and old and broke when i took it off and the customers cries about it so im responsible like fU CK, you little twit you bought a goddamn plastic car i hope you all die in sever car crashes when your motor rams through your chest, more speed less emmissions more plastic and more ignorant little twats on the road make this trade shit, im seriously considering not carrying through with my career because of the shit a mechanic has to put up with these days, everyone thinks it's 100 dollar tune up's and they all want work done but they don't wanna pay the bill, i nearly choked some old american dude today for being an ignorant F uCK and i actually called the RCMP to have him removed from my shop, i think everyone should have thier liscences revoked(drivers and mechanics) and all have to rewrite so we can weed out the tards, good luck automotive shithole hell die....
SO QUIT AND START WALKING!!! If you want to bash cars in gerneral, do it on the enviromentalist wacko forum, not the car forum for heavan's sake!! What the heck do you think you're doing?!?!
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:45 AM   #27
Oomba
Banned

All of the big 3 (ford dodge chevy)are fantastic. 05 Mustang and GT are sexy. I still got love for the old Chargers and all Vipers, even though the new Charger is the worst thing to happen to automobiles since the 1955 Le Mans accident. The Chevy Monte Carlo SS, Cobalt SS, and Corvette rock my socks.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:19 PM   #28
frizzal
CF Newbie

alright folks, yes there are more chevy parts and upgrades and that is why i am personally a chevy fan. however, ford is not all bad. i had a ford when i was younger. it was an 81 f-100 custom short bed with a 302, three on the floor, and a lovely 9" out back. i did however get rid of it because it caused be a bit of trouble with oil leakage. i was rebuilding a 69 nova at the time and didnt have to time to fix it. then i had a chevy celebrity. it was an 83, automatic, v6. that was the biggest peice of shit i have ever owned. yet the nova i restored was the best car i have ever owned. so it really depends on what you have encountered and what you like to tinker with. so each to his own and stop with the attacks. we all just need to get along and be happy. that is coming from someone presently in iraq fighting this shitty war. so heed my words.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:23 PM   #29
72firebird
Banned

yea thats why i said its like comparing apples oranges and bananas. they all are different in there own way. just like all of those things are fruits. chevy, dodge and ford are all cars but that doesnt make them the same does it. thats why BanffAutoSpa_ap is a complete fuking retard. but oh well. no point dragging that on cause itll just be a 2 month retard fest. but the point is they all have good attributes. and they all have flaws. its more of a personal taste thing then a my toy is better then your toy thing so drop it. if any of those manufacturers where really that bad. they wouldnt be around no more.
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:38 PM   #30
Wally
I Know More Than You

You need to grab a few quarters, go down the shop and buy a clue.