Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2005, 09:08 AM   #1
sobstory
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5
Unhappy Dont try this at home!!!

Hi,

Im here to ask one question. My car has a blown head gasket. Coolant is leaking into the engine. The car is a write off as far as Im concerned. I cant (just will not) spend another cent on this lemon.

So..... how can I make this car last for as long as possible before it seizes?

Since its going to be trashed when I get a new car anyway, it doesnt matter if ideas arent real healthy for the motor.

Thanx,

sobstory.
sobstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:57 AM   #2
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobstory
Hi,

Im here to ask one question. My car has a blown head gasket. Coolant is leaking into the engine. The car is a write off as far as Im concerned. I cant (just will not) spend another cent on this lemon.

So..... how can I make this car last for as long as possible before it seizes?

Since its going to be trashed when I get a new car anyway, it doesnt matter if ideas arent real healthy for the motor.

Thanx,

sobstory.

what kinda car? motor?
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:14 PM   #3
sobstory
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5
Its nothing special. 1983 Mazda 626 that I bought when I was desperate to get my child to Scouts (single mum here). The guy obviously saw me coming!

Ive used pepper in the past with other cars and minor leaks. Worked well too. Ive heard about using egg. But dont know if it would work for this.

Any advise would be great.

sobstory.
sobstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:52 PM   #4
96-GSX-RHD
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobstory
Its nothing special. 1983 Mazda 626 that I bought when I was desperate to get my child to Scouts (single mum here). The guy obviously saw me coming!

Ive used pepper in the past with other cars and minor leaks. Worked well too. Ive heard about using egg. But dont know if it would work for this.

Any advise would be great.

sobstory.
what the hell . .. pepper and an egg. . your makin breakfast. . .you know what i even heard this old lady puttin peanut oil in her car . . . instead of real oil.. . man thats sucks ass.. .


well if your married get your husband to change the gasket. . .its not that hard.. but when you take the head off. . water will be in the pistions. . .just soak it up with a towel. get some trans oil and spread it in the pistons cuz it will help with rusting. . then just when you get ready to put the head back on remove the trans. oil with a rag .. . . .put the head back on . . .change the oil to see if water got in it.. if so you will need to change your oil every month for at least 4 months straight. . .that way you dont build up a pocket and blow your shit up.. .

oah. .f-it. .use pankake mix. . hahaha. .
96-GSX-RHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:01 AM   #5
sobstory
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5
Thanx for that advice.

How much does a husband cost at the corner store?

sobstory.
sobstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:26 AM   #6
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobstory
Thanx for that advice.

How much does a husband cost at the corner store?

sobstory.

Just ignore him, he really doesn't use common sence

And what the hell is this about using pepper and an egg?
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:27 AM   #7
EvilPodAE
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 101
I put pepper and egg in my gas.
EvilPodAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 05:35 AM   #8
osborste
the canuck tech
 
osborste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobstory
Hi,

Im here to ask one question. My car has a blown head gasket. Coolant is leaking into the engine. The car is a write off as far as Im concerned. I cant (just will not) spend another cent on this lemon.

So..... how can I make this car last for as long as possible before it seizes?

Since its going to be trashed when I get a new car anyway, it doesnt matter if ideas arent real healthy for the motor.

Thanx,

sobstory.


with a blown head gasket theres not much you can do as the compression of the cylinder/piston will just push/pump the fluid in/out through the damaged gasket
scrap it or repair it
forget the egg trick/pepper/bubblegum etc those or basic get me off the hwy and to the repair shop now tricks
__________________

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

<Link removed>......Please read the rules on advertising!
osborste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 05:37 AM   #9
sobstory
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5
Maybe its an aussie bush trick. Ground pepper will fill a small hole in a radiator, dont really know why. An egg white dropped into a radiator will too. It 'cooks' and fills in a small hole while being moved around with the pressure.

Obviously last resort solutions. But i had pepper keep a radiator going for a month or so with another car i had.

sobstory.
sobstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:07 PM   #10
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobstory
Maybe its an aussie bush trick. Ground pepper will fill a small hole in a radiator, dont really know why. An egg white dropped into a radiator will too. It 'cooks' and fills in a small hole while being moved around with the pressure.

Obviously last resort solutions. But i had pepper keep a radiator going for a month or so with another car i had.

sobstory.

Well damn I just learned somthin new
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 05:43 AM   #11
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch
 
TurboLag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia. WVU stand up
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96-GSX-RHD
what the hell . .. pepper and an egg. . your makin breakfast. . .you know what i even heard this old lady puttin peanut oil in her car . . . instead of real oil.. . man thats sucks ass .. .


Sound familiar to anyone?
__________________
-Alex

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 02:54 PM   #12
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
Sound familiar to anyone?

No way, you think he could be the new dick
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 03:07 PM   #13
FordFromHell351
Banned
 
FordFromHell351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 854
I know alot of people that say sucks ass.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:11 PM   #14
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
I know alot of people that say sucks ass.

ya know what? YOU suck ass!! oh, no! now I'M jay-g!!!
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:20 PM   #15
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper
 
BanffAutoSpa_ap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
Posts: 1,510
well you all have seemed to gotten off topic pretty quick, she obviously doesn't wanna fix the car, yes ive seen pepper work or powdered mustard for rad leaks and yes the egg trick does work for rad leaks too, she's obviously not an idiot cuz ive seen these quick fixes work, but with your head gasket miss the cheapest thing i can reccomend is a 15$ bottle of stuff called irontite, a product by kwik-way, it actually sealed the headgasket in my 5.0L chev block for more than 2 years i never lost a drop of coolant after i used it, if the seal is way too big and blown out than not much will work but try the irontite, or buy the husband i hear they go for cheap here in canada
__________________
Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
BanffAutoSpa_ap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.