Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2005, 03:56 AM   #1
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Exhaust for my 94' 3.4l Firebird

hey everybody I was wondering if anybody knew of a decently cheap Dual Exhaust for my 94' V6 Firebird. I don't want to spend too much on this, and I was thinking about buying it on ebay. I wouldn't mind something like this guys flowmaster 40 series Flowmaster 40 series exhaust . Just wondering what your guy opinion is, just keep in mind I don't want to spend much prolly 150 TOPS.
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 05:51 AM   #2
Wally
I Know More Than You

One thing I would suggest you investigate is, unless the pipes are a really good size, to make sure you get a crossovers just after the final collectors. Your tranny will be the thing that governs how close you can get them.

We are talking twin exhausts not twin exits aren't we?

Last edited by Wally : 07-15-2005 at 06:23 AM.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 06:31 AM   #3
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
hey everybody I was wondering if anybody knew of a decently cheap Dual Exhaust for my 94' V6 Firebird. I don't want to spend too much on this, and I was thinking about buying it on ebay. I wouldn't mind something like this guys flowmaster 40 series Flowmaster 40 series exhaust . Just wondering what your guy opinion is, just keep in mind I don't want to spend much prolly 150 TOPS.

that's not a 40 series. that's an 80 series (a crossflow 40 series) they don't sound too bad. decent idle grumble, but when you hit the gas, everyone will still know it's a 3.4 b/c you can't lose that 60deg v6 cackle... it sounds better than glasspcks on v6's though (had those, too)

installed, you're probably looking at 150-200 bones (the mufflers are about $70-80 off-the-shelf)

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 06:34 AM   #4
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
One thing I would suggest you investigate is, unless the pipes are a really good size, to make sure you get a crossovers just after the final collectors. Your tranny will be the thing that governs how close you can get them.

We are talking twin exhausts not twin exits aren't we?

nah, he's talking dual outlet. there's no way he's gonna con some muffler shop into attempting to put true duals on a 4th gen for $150...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 04:44 PM   #5
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
nah, he's talking dual outlet. there's no way he's gonna con some muffler shop into attempting to put true duals on a 4th gen for $150...

Exactly, BTW my friend can do it for me for free, so I'm looking at only the price of the Muffler,
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote