Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2005, 06:31 AM   #16
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch
 
TurboLag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia. WVU stand up
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx3_monster
Hell yes they are and they still sound mean as hell and there is a lot oyu can do. AS foar as performance packages i know steeda ofers them which is a nice little boost to an already powerful car

The Saleen S281 Model has a slower 0-60 than stock
__________________
-Alex

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:04 PM   #17
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by google.com
i think the new mustang looks like the old one

You need to shut up and stop posting, we don't want your ignorance spreading throughout car forums.

BTW at first I was skeptical of the new Mustang, but after riding in one and now getting used to the new look I love it, I;m sure this generation of body styles will last for a long time to come.
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 01:12 AM   #18
Legion5
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
hm, i just dont like the hood of the new mustang. the way it bulges upward a bit.

anyway, the thing is a beast... just not my style.

Actualy they did that ON PURPOSE, I hate it incredibly too.

They did it because Market Research groups said it (and a lower windshield) made people "FEEL SAFER" in it.

Seriously how much of a wuss do you have to be to want to be protected from the road?
Legion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:19 AM   #19
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
The new Mustang is teh sex.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:29 AM   #20
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5
Actualy they did that ON PURPOSE, I hate it incredibly too.

They did it because Market Research groups said it (and a lower windshield) made people "FEEL SAFER" in it.

Seriously how much of a wuss do you have to be to want to be protected from the road?
what the hell... you dont buy a mustang to feel safe... you buy a mustang to have a fast, and somewhat inexpensive car...
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:38 AM   #21
oVeRmYhEaD
CF Newbie
 
oVeRmYhEaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
i like 'em ---- and i don't even like fords!!!
quoted for truth - i feel the same way!
oVeRmYhEaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:19 AM   #22
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race
 
HyundaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Posts: 674
the new stang is mint!

everyone peep the new falcon:
http://www.fastlane.com.au/News_Ford/BA_XR8_sedan.jpg

http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/carr...n-ba-xr8-1.jpg

that's the new ford falcon BA (XR8), it's far-king quick to say the least.. my neighbours got one.. *drools*.. sound's so good on mid-range revs...
__________________



If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:46 AM   #23
Bino
Written Off
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Phoenix, Oregon, USA
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyundaGuy
the new stang is mint!

everyone peep the new falcon:
http://www.fastlane.com.au/News_Ford/BA_XR8_sedan.jpg

http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/carr...n-ba-xr8-1.jpg

that's the new ford falcon BA (XR8), it's far-king quick to say the least.. my neighbours got one.. *drools*.. sound's so good on mid-range revs...

Looks like a mildly tweaked 4dr GTO (Holden Monaro).
__________________
Build 'em Light and Wind 'em Tight.
Bino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:54 AM   #24
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino
Looks like a mildly tweaked 4dr GTO (Holden Monaro).
No, this is a mildly tweaked 4 door GTO (this is the car that they chopped 2 doors out of to make the monaro ... well one of the range anyway)




And I believe the XR6 turbos have better specs than the XR8's... could be wrong though.
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:59 AM   #25
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race
 
HyundaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
No, this is a mildly tweaked 4 door GTO (this is the car that they chopped 2 doors out of to make the monaro ... well one of the range anyway)




And I believe the XR6 turbos have better specs than the XR8's... could be wrong though.

dude, that's just a VT Commondore(SS).

i'm not a holden's lover.
__________________



If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:00 AM   #26
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race
 
HyundaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino
Looks like a mildly tweaked 4dr GTO (Holden Monaro).

BAH!! look's nothin' like the monaro, not even a little bit, i think it look's like the last gen stang.
__________________



If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:01 AM   #27
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyundaGuy
dude, that's just a VT Commondore(SS).

i'm not a holden's lover.
it's actually a vx ... where do you think the monaro came from?
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:03 AM   #28
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race
 
HyundaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
And I believe the XR6 turbos have better specs than the XR8's... could be wrong though.

the XR6 Turbo has a lower power output, but i do believe that they've got better acceleration along with a better 1/4mi. time, the XR8 would most probably have a higher top speed though, due to more power, longer gears, better diff and junk in the engine bay.
__________________



If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:04 AM   #29
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race
 
HyundaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
it's actually a vx ... where do you think the monaro came from?

meh, VT, VX, VK, VN, VP, they're all commondores.. as i said.. i'm not a holden's lover.. another word's, i aint gonna be right on the money with them 100% of the time, lol!.. and yeah, admittedly they look quite alike, i wouldn't be suprised if it was from the VT/VX that they got the idea for the new 'naro look.
__________________



If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:12 AM   #30
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyundaGuy
meh, VT, VX, VK, VN, VP, they're all commondores.. as i said.. i'm not a holden's lover.. another word's, i aint gonna be right on the money with them 100% of the time, lol!.. and yeah, admittedly they look quite alike, i wouldn't be suprised if it was from the VT/VX that they got the idea for the new 'naro look.
are you serious?!? The monaro is essentially a commodore coupe. See the articles:

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/ar...x?id=1768&vf=1
http://www.users.on.net/~nweber/comm.../vt-coupe.html
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.