Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2005, 01:43 AM   #1
aravnaik
CF Newbie

2005 Toyota Corolla S Problems?

Hey everybody. I bought a 2005 Black Toyota Corolla S just last week and I think there may be a problem. First of all, the engine make quite a bit of noise when the gas is pressed on. Secondly, when cruising at 40+ MPH, there is a lot of wind and tire noise. I am not sure if this is normal for this car, or if there is a problem with my car. Please let me know as soon as possible. Also, please let me know the kind of experiences you have had with this car. Thanks a lot!

-aravnaik-
aravnaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:27 AM   #2
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

i'd suggest for you to take it to a professional.

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:10 AM   #3
aravnaik
CF Newbie

I examined the problem a little bit more. Here is what happens. On some roads (not all roads), when cruising at 40+ MPH, it sounds as if something on the bottom of that car is scratching the surface of the road. Now I'm starting to think that this noise happens in all vehicles, considering that I test drove a Honda Odyssey and the same thing happened. What do you guys think? Does this noise happen in all vehicles or is there something wrong with my car? Thanks for the help.

-aravnaik-
Old 07-19-2005, 03:12 AM   #4
FordFromHell351
Banned

Its normal for that car to have wind and tire noise. All of them Ive been in have that. Im not so sure about the engine noise though. What does it sound like?
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:41 AM   #5
aravnaik
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
Its normal for that car to have wind and tire noise. All of them Ive been in have that. Im not so sure about the engine noise though. What does it sound like?
The engine noise seems to be normal. It sounds like a sports car. I called up the Toyota Dealership and the guy said that this model of the Corolla, the S, has a different kind of exhaust system making it make that engine noise. Now that you said that the tire and wind noise on that car is normal, it makes me feel a lot better. Thanks a lot everyone for your help. If you still have any suggestions or answers, please feel free to post some more. Thanks again!

-aravnaik-
Old 07-19-2005, 06:13 AM   #6
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Tire noise is prolly b/c of shitty stock tires (thats the case with nearly all new cars), as for loud exhaust im rofl lmao. I can't believe toyota is doing this to a corolla, a corolla for gods sake!
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:24 PM   #7
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
Tire noise is prolly b/c of shitty stock tires (thats the case with nearly all new cars), as for loud exhaust im rofl lmao. I can't believe toyota is doing this to a corolla, a corolla for gods sake!
I would HAVE to agree

If you want to get rid of that tire noise, go out and buy some better tires. Maybe some Nittos or Bridgestones. That will bring it down drastically.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:49 PM   #8
aravnaik
CF Newbie

Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate the feedback. I might just have to get some new tires.

-aravnaik-
Old 07-21-2005, 08:08 AM   #9
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva

Not all new cars have shitty tires. For your information, my car came with Potenza's.

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:44 PM   #10
braindamage
CF Newbie

Corolla S

I just bought a 2005 Corolla S. I am using my friends garage as my parking so I turned off the alarm (so the switch beside the blinking light is lit). So I tried the same (turning off) process to activate the alarm, but its not working and the switch is still lit. Can anybody help me?

Thanks
braindamage is offline   Reply With Quote