Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2005, 07:28 AM   #1
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch
 
TurboLag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia. WVU stand up
Posts: 699
Favorite Band/Artist

What's your favorite band or artist? What is your favorite song from that band/artist?

I hope you all know by now that I can never make up my mind, I have a few favorite bands:

My favorite band is The Beatles (yes I'm sure), I don't really have a favorite song of their's (there are too many!). I have the same birthday as George Harrison (lead guitarist)

My other favorites are:
Van Halen
Def Leppard
Metallica
Pink Floyd
AC/DC
Bob Marley
Green Day (saw them in concert and I'm supposively supposed to meet them next time they come to the Mellon Arena in the fall)
Peter Frampton
Guns N' Roses
Led Zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix
queens of the stoneage
The Offspring
Sublime
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Kansas
Rush
Aerosmith
Blue Oyster Cult
Queen
__________________
-Alex

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac

Last edited by TurboLag : 07-03-2008 at 10:46 AM.
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:37 AM   #2
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
Blue Oyster Cult (My mom massaged the drummer , she's a massage therapist )
Queen
Haha that was funny/weird until i saw the rest .

I like a few of the ones you have listed but i also like:

Audioslave
Saliva
System Of A Down
Metallica
Motley Crue
Nazareth (a couple)
Sum 41 (some songs)
Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath

Not sure of a favourite song, i always change my taste in music.
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:43 AM   #3
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch
 
TurboLag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia. WVU stand up
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Haha that was funny/weird until i saw the rest .

I like a few of the ones you have listed but i also like:

Audioslave
Saliva
System Of A Down
Metallica
Motley Crue
Nazareth (a couple)
Sum 41 (some songs)
Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath

Not sure of a favourite song, i always change my taste in music.

Damn! I knew I forgot some people... Ozzy's great, I'm not a huge follower though, my friend wants to take me to Ozzfest in August. I love System Of A Down, BYOB is great . I bet the only reason you like Audioslave is because of the 69 charger in the "show me how to live" video , lol JK, I like 'em too. Moltey Crue is great too, I really like "Girls, Girls, Girls"

Sum 41, eh? I have a feeling they're bigger in Canada since it's they're home country. I have one of their albums. I think its all killer, no filler
__________________
-Alex

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:50 AM   #4
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
Damn! I knew I forgot some people... Ozzy's great, I'm not a huge follower though, my friend wants to take me to Ozzfest in August. I love System Of A Down, BYOB is great . I bet the only reason you like Audioslave is because of the 69 charger in the "show me how to live" video , lol JK, I like 'em too. Moltey Crue is great too, I really like "Girls, Girls, Girls"

Sum 41, eh? I have a feeling they're bigger in Canada since it's they're home country. I have one of their albums. I think its all killer, no filler
Haha well theres more, jusy forgot them lol. Didnt know about the '69 Charger in one of Audioslaves videos, now they are definately one of my favorites , i wanna see the Dukes of Hazzard movie just for the car (and maybe a little of Jessica Simpson).

The System Of A Down song 'Cigaro' is pretty funny 'My cock is much bigger then yours...... My shit stinks much better then yours....' lol.

Also, The Police, Linkin Park, The Who, and Steppenwolf arent bad.
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:04 AM   #5
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch
 
TurboLag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia. WVU stand up
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Haha well theres more, jusy forgot them lol. Didnt know about the '69 Charger in one of Audioslaves videos, now they are definately one of my favorites , i wanna see the Dukes of Hazzard movie just for the car (and maybe a little of Jessica Simpson).

The System Of A Down song 'Cigaro' is pretty funny 'My cock is much bigger then yours...... My shit stinks much better then yours....' lol.

Also, The Police, Linkin Park, The Who, and Steppenwolf arent bad.

Have you ever heard "Oldschool Hollywood" by system of a down? That's where i got the "Tony Danza cuts in line" thing in my sig

Did you know in the new Dukes of Hazzard there is no rebel flag on the general lee? Aparrantly black activists thought it was racist or something. That's ridiculous...
__________________
-Alex

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:10 AM   #6
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
Have you ever heard "Oldschool Hollywood" by system of a down? That's where i got the "Tony Danza cuts in line" thing in my sig

Did you know in the new Dukes of Hazzard there is no rebel flag on the general lee? Aparrantly black activists thought it was racist or something. That's ridiculous...
No, i heard "Lost in Hollywood" but not "Oldschool Hollywood" (unless i have names confused). And what do you mean by "Rebel Flag"? You dont mean the Confederate Flag on the roof do you?
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:11 AM   #7
mx3_monster
im completely sane
 
mx3_monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Racine,WI
Posts: 646
a whole bunch of clssic rock and as for
newer rock it would have to be element eighty and the song texas cries best ****ing song ever
mx3_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:11 AM   #8
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch
 
TurboLag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia. WVU stand up
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
No, i heard "Lost in Hollywood" but not "Oldschool Hollywood" (unless i have names confused). And what do you mean by "Rebel Flag"? You dont mean the Confederate Flag on the roof do you?

Rebel flag, confederate flag. It's all the same in WV. After all, we are know as "The daughter of the south"
__________________
-Alex

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:22 PM   #9
FordFromHell351
Banned
 
FordFromHell351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 854
SLIPKNOT!!!
Trivium
Skinless
Exhumed
Mortician
Ancient Rites
Carpathian Forest
Cannibal Corpse
As I Lay Dying
Pantera
Belphegor
The Agony Scene
Six Feet Under
Blodsrit
(Old) Cradle of Filth
Soilwork
(Old) Metallica
Devil Driver
Chimaira
Goatpenis
God Among Insects
Cock and Ball Torture
Ozzy and Black Sabbath (of course)
Sentenced
Shadows Fall (you HAVE to like them)
Rotting Christ
Judas Priest
Bathory
Marduk
Burzum
Goatwhore
The Crown
Iron Maiden
Zao
Norma Jean
NunSlaughter
Slayer
Angel Corpse
Morbid Angel
Nile
Suffocation
Gadget
Anything else...you can just ask
.....I think I MIGHT be losing you guys

Last edited by FordFromHell351 : 07-18-2005 at 02:27 PM.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:29 PM   #10
FordFromHell351
Banned
 
FordFromHell351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
Damn! I knew I forgot some people... Ozzy's great, I'm not a huge follower though, my friend wants to take me to Ozzfest in August. I love System Of A Down, BYOB is great . I bet the only reason you like Audioslave is because of the 69 charger in the "show me how to live" video , lol JK, I like 'em too. Moltey Crue is great too, I really like "Girls, Girls, Girls"

Sum 41, eh? I have a feeling they're bigger in Canada since it's they're home country. I have one of their albums. I think its all killer, no filler
That 69 Charger is actually a 70 Challenger
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:00 PM   #11
boothe
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: DC
Posts: 321
Right now my rotation includes:

RJD2
Gorillaz
Dismemberment Plan
Radiohead
Pearl Jam
Pavement
Alice and Chains
Robbers on High Street
boothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:28 PM   #12
enzo#2
CF Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: scottsbluff nebraska
Posts: 289
i like:

copeland
ben folds five
pillar
the killers
dave mathews
yellowcard
rage against the machine
aerosmith
ac-dc

and anything in the catagory of those bands.
__________________
This is what i think of kia's.
enzo#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:38 PM   #13
Bino
Written Off
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Phoenix, Oregon, USA
Posts: 844
Flaw
Saliva
Stone Sour
Cold
Mushroom Head
Lacuna Coil
Madside
Project 86
U.P.O.
Shinedown
Depswa
Linkin Park
Seether
Evanescence
Korn
Breaking Benjamin
Filter
Our Lady Peace
Days of the New
Staind
Crossfade
NIN
Dark New Day
Cake
The Exies
Slipknot (selective)
Mudvayne (selective)
Theory of a Deadman
3 Doors Down
...

I can never remember all of the bands I like when somebody asks one of these questions... but there's a few.
__________________
Build 'em Light and Wind 'em Tight.
Bino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:44 PM   #14
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
That 69 Charger is actually a 70 Challenger

...it kinda seems like they're trying to get a "vanishing point" feel in that video, doesn't it?
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:56 AM   #15
FordFromHell351
Banned
 
FordFromHell351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
...it kinda seems like they're trying to get a "vanishing point" feel in that video, doesn't it?
Maybe thats because they were
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.