Yes, its great. A MUST have in my car 0 0%
It's OK 3 60.00%
Would not bother with one 2 40.00%
Hate them waste of money 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2005, 06:24 PM   #1
carcrazziecarl
CF Newbie

Is SAT-NAV good, or is it just a waste of money and time?

I've been going in cars where they have sat-nav, and i dont know if they are worth it!?!
Its funny, because when i was in the car with my dad the other day, he will set it to see if it may just guide us the quickest route to our destination.(which was to the local bank, we had to go through a small village)
The funny thing is , is when we were aproaching , the sat-nav lady told my dad to turn the other way! (if you go straight on turn left then right we will be there) but the lady told us to got to left and turn left again ! That would of taken us 'away' from where we wanted to go! But then again, sometimes the sat-nav has worked. Its a very strange piece of equipment! But is it good? Is it worth the 1,000+? (varies in different cars)
tell me what you think!

and vote!

Brabus EV12 - WORLD RECORD. The worlds Fastest saloon car reached 217.614mph during testing at the Nardo circuit, Italy. The E V12, with the Brabus-developed 6.3-litre bi-turbo engine (640bhp and 757lb ft of torque) can also accelerate 0-60mph in just 4.5 seconds.
carcrazziecarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:32 PM   #2
fudge
let's fighting love

With internet sites which can display the route in steps as well as using a road atlas I rather save my money. Most of the time I drive round locally so I don't really need a Sat-nav.

For those who are useless at directions(ie my sister) or a sales-person who travels all over the country and don't have time to plan their journey it's a must have for them.
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:43 PM   #3
carcrazziecarl
CF Newbie

Yeah i agree. They are usefull, if you will need 2 travel to places where you 'really' dont need to go. Because they will 'eventually' guide you there. Even if its the long route

Mercedes SAT-NAV is really crap though

Brabus EV12 - WORLD RECORD. The worlds Fastest saloon car reached 217.614mph during testing at the Nardo circuit, Italy. The E V12, with the Brabus-developed 6.3-litre bi-turbo engine (640bhp and 757lb ft of torque) can also accelerate 0-60mph in just 4.5 seconds.
carcrazziecarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:46 PM   #4
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

I myself have never had the experience of having one in the same car i'm in. I'm not sure how correct they are or what else they may do (only know some stuff) so its ok but its not a "must have" kinda thing.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:30 PM   #5
fudge
let's fighting love

Quote:
Mercedes SAT-NAV is really crap though

It's actually good if you're a keen golfer
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote