Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
tixalice
CF Newbie

Heeeeelp me!!!!

Please help I'm going round in circles!!! I have an 1.6 p reg Astra which I love, but with baby no.3 on the way we need a newer, bit bigger car with three proper seatbelts in the back.

We have 6000 to spend our choices are, Renault megane scenic 1.4, Citreon xsarah picasso 1.6i lx or as the new Astra's look a little bigger than the old ones a Vauxhall Astra 1.6 club. All these cars are 6000 with around 20,000 miles on the clock, and all are 2002/02 reg.

Which would be the best buy? or would we be better of spending around 7500 and getting a vauxhall vectra - or zafira of the same age? or is there anywhere that can fit a third proper seatbelt in the back of our old car? or would I just be better to buy an old banger 8 years oldish for a couple of grand! sorry loads of questions.

Thanks Wendy
tixalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 02:15 PM   #2
carcrazziecarl
CF Newbie

I would go for a Vauxhall Zafira, as they are good cars. They have plenty of room and award winning seats! An dyour be able to pick up a bargain soon, because vauxhall are bringing out there new one.

Brabus EV12 - WORLD RECORD. The worlds Fastest saloon car reached 217.614mph during testing at the Nardo circuit, Italy. The E V12, with the Brabus-developed 6.3-litre bi-turbo engine (640bhp and 757lb ft of torque) can also accelerate 0-60mph in just 4.5 seconds.
carcrazziecarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
google.com
Banned

Vauxhall Zafira would be the best car for a fam of 5
google.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:06 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I say the Zafira's a good move, due to the iminent release of the new version. I would also recommend a Ford Mondeo, as in my oppinion they are built to a better standard than most Vauxhalls these days. You should be able to pick up a decent enough 2001 51-Reg example for around 6,500 - 7,000 estimate, with a reasonable milegae on it.

If, however, you go for the previous generation Astra, wich is about all your budget will get you, watch out for the 1.6litre 8-Valve engine (probably the type you already have in 1.6litre form). These engines are reliable, but extreamly corse at high revs!

Good luck!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 07-21-2005 at 01:29 AM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote