Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
carcrazziecarl
CF Newbie

1996 Nissan Primera SE 2.0 (4 door)

Hi, i recentley saw a 1996 (N) reg nissan primera for sale. It was 400, in good condition except some scratches, leather, air con, full electrics, alloys and a 6 CD changer. Is this a bargain? and should i think about buying it? as its soo cheap. i may work on it for a while, make it look better and then sell it on making a profit. But is it a good car? I will get a pic asap

Brabus EV12 - WORLD RECORD. The worlds Fastest saloon car reached 217.614mph during testing at the Nardo circuit, Italy. The E V12, with the Brabus-developed 6.3-litre bi-turbo engine (640bhp and 757lb ft of torque) can also accelerate 0-60mph in just 4.5 seconds.
carcrazziecarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:02 PM   #2
fudge
let's fighting love

My dad had the same car as you did. But the engine broke after 6 years. It was a nice car to be in but it wasn't special so you would find it hard to make a profit if you sell it on.

400 is the norm for these cars and there probably will be some problems as my old neighbour had the same problem with her Primera as my dad. Also it had an annoying squeaky clutch

Buy it if you're good with cars because chances are that the service history will be patchy.
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:14 PM   #3
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

my mate's older brother baught one for $2,600AUD and he had it worked and fitted to have an SR20DET dropped in it, that was 7 years ago, he still has it and has worked it since.. i seem to remember him saying "before the SR20-turbz it was a mint car anyway, fun to drive when you're on your own mate, you should look into gettin' one" instead of that i got a Datsun 120Y at 14, lmao!

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote