Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2005, 08:41 PM   #1
nemofinding531
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1
Ford 4x4 Extended cab

Is there a Ford Truck besides the f250 or 350 that could possably have 4x4 + extended cab? i know Toyotas do, but i basicly like more traction and if anything i would use Hondas for traction. but i hate hondas and me being 6'3" i dont see me in a honda. ford is my thing i just need that answered if thats ok..
nemofinding531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:04 AM   #2
abless
CF Anti-Mullet
 
abless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The American Empire
Posts: 530
What kind of traction are you looking for? Off-road traction?

Don't buy a Ford.
__________________
abless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 03:10 AM   #3
adamc44
CF Freak
 
adamc44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: west portsmouth ohio
Posts: 775
bud, if you cant get anywhere in a ford diesel 4x4 you might as well hang it up. im 6'5 and have tons of room. ford does have f 150 ex cab 4x4 and they are kinda roomy. this beast below has pulled cars out of mud pits, straight up hills, snow. it just has regular a/t tires on it also.
__________________
AMERICA: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 01:44 PM   #4
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofinding531
Is there a Ford Truck besides the f250 or 350 that could possably have 4x4 + extended cab? i know Toyotas do, but i basicly like more traction and if anything i would use Hondas for traction. but i hate hondas and me being 6'3" i dont see me in a honda. ford is my thing i just need that answered if thats ok..

That's funny but I'm 6'5 240+ and fit in my 1990 Accord

There isnt a good Honda off-roader to use anywho though. The new Frontier 4x4 is big, powerful and can tackle any off-road the earth can toss at it. My friend has an extended cab LE 4x4 model w/ LSD and it tackles anything we throw at it. If you want to go serious off-roader look at the Nismo Frontier..it's packed with off-roading features. This thing will beat any stock F150/Silverado/Ram/Tundra/Titan off-road no doubt. If you want more power though (although I dont know why 265hp/284tq wouldnt be enough in a mid-size truck)... look at a 4x4 Tundra (which are good off-road).
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:22 PM   #5
abless
CF Anti-Mullet
 
abless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The American Empire
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
That's funny but I'm 6'5 240+ and fit in my 1990 Accord

There isnt a good Honda off-roader to use anywho though. The new Frontier 4x4 is big, powerful and can tackle any off-road the earth can toss at it. My friend has an extended cab LE 4x4 model w/ LSD and it tackles anything we throw at it. If you want to go serious off-roader look at the Nismo Frontier..it's packed with off-roading features. This thing will beat any stock F150/Silverado/Ram/Tundra/Titan off-road no doubt. If you want more power though (although I dont know why 265hp/284tq wouldnt be enough in a mid-size truck)... look at a 4x4 Tundra (which are good off-road).

You'd spend less on a smaller truck as well as less for gas. I'd recommend the Nismo Frontier or 4x4 Tundra TRD.
__________________
abless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:35 PM   #6
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Hey thunderbird1100 , you sound kinda like my uncle (height i mean). He's 6'5 and drives a little '90 Civic Hatchback, like to laugh at him and say he's like a clown in a clown car. I guess those cars are bigger then most people think they are.
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 04:40 AM   #7
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Hey thunderbird1100 , you sound kinda like my uncle (height i mean). He's 6'5 and drives a little '90 Civic Hatchback, like to laugh at him and say he's like a clown in a clown car. I guess those cars are bigger then most people think they are.

My 2860lb 4-door Accord is more comfy to me than my leather upholsted 3500lb 300zxtt.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.