Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2004, 11:19 AM   #1
the king
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1
Burned out turn/brake light 2001 Cavalier

Hey All:

The right rear turn/brake light is burned out, and I have taken out the portion of the lamp where the bulb is set in. My question is how I can get the bulb out of the actual socket? I tried pulling it but I don't know how much stronger I can pull before I break it. Help please.

Thanks,
Richard
the king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 01:04 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by the king
Hey All:

The right rear turn/brake light is burned out, and I have taken out the portion of the lamp where the bulb is set in. My question is how I can get the bulb out of the actual socket? I tried pulling it but I don't know how much stronger I can pull before I break it. Help please.

Thanks,
Richard
Wiggle and pull. Sometimes you have no choice but to break it then pull out the base with pliers.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 05:36 AM   #3
djsteve
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3
Turn it counter clock wise. Like removing a screw. Some times their sticky.
djsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 06:04 AM   #4
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
.
.
Don't you need to push in, and twist a quarter turn (or less)?

That's how all mine work.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 10:45 AM   #5
djsteve
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3
I think yuo're rigth push in first and all you need is a quarter turn
djsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 01:45 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Please guys, it's nice to try and help but you're not.. I know it's a small thing but you're simply spreading misinformation. The bulb in question is a 3057. There is nothing to "push and turn". If you don't know the correct answer off the top off your head (I do, see my first post in this thread), do some research.

__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 05:28 PM   #7
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Please guys, it's nice to try and help but you're not.. I know it's a small thing but you're simply spreading misinformation. The bulb in question is a 3057. There is nothing to "push and turn". If you don't know the correct answer off the top off your head (I do, see my first post in this thread), do some research.

Mine was a question. I did no research. I used my own ignorance to make a useless post, but I did make my post score go up one...

Boy, it's good to have the hobo back!!
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 05:50 PM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Mine was a question. I did no research. I used my own ignorance to make a useless post, but I did make my post score go up one...

Boy, it's good to have the hobo back!!
.
.
Yessir, I understand yours was a question, sorry if you thought I was talking about you. I was just getting warmed up with all the new spewers of misinformation and you got hit with friendly fire.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 05:57 PM   #9
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Yessir, I understand yours was a question, sorry if you thought I was talking about you. I was just getting warmed up with all the new spewers of misinformation and you got hit with friendly fire.

No need to say sorry for pointing out ignorance to me.

It is good to have the professional back. Now I can sit back and live up to my title.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:01 PM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
No need to say sorry for pointing out ignorance to me.

It is good to have the professional back. Now I can sit back and live up to my title.
.
.
Sorry to catch you off gaurd, but a professional I'm not. Apparently my new title is "Redneck Know-It-All Jackass", at least according to one of our less intelligent new members.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:15 PM   #11
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Apparently my new title is "Redneck Know-It-All Jackass", at least according to one of our less intelligent new members.

Hey...will that fit instead of CF @sshole ( )?

.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2

Last edited by BavarianWheels : 02-27-2004 at 06:17 PM.
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.