Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2005, 12:17 PM   #1
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

My Car Audio

HOLY CRAP!!

Me and my friend just finished up installing my system, let me tell you its rediculous, pounds so frikking hard

Hifonics BX1000D Amp
Pioneer TS-A1370R
Volfenhag ZX-4712DVX
Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

Still need a new HU, but damn for a crappy Kenwood HU this setup pounds out hardcore. I dunno im so happy i finally got it finished i needed to share my happiness. BTW for those of you about to say that sucks, i only spent $330. HA
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:53 PM   #2
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

AHHHHH sorry bout this post, i tried to stop the page when i tried to edit, but it kept going and posted 2 times, my bad.

Last edited by Stem : 07-21-2005 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:55 PM   #3
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

Wait actually on that topic what is the best bang for your buck HU for about $220 or under. I know thunder can help me out here, your suggestions for the amp and sub have been awesome so far. Remeber im running my speakers from my HU, i havent bought a amp for them yet, so probably looking at 50x4 minimum. And plays MP3's
Old 07-22-2005, 06:27 AM   #4
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

Speaking of which when I get my awesome Benz, I'm gona need to upgrade the sound, as I'm big on that.

A lot of people have said it's REALLY hard to do on a benz because the default system sucks, and I want to keep it looking stock, ie all equipment in the trunk or under the seats and stock head unit.

and yes I'm hijacking your thread.

PUT YOUR ARMS IN THE AIR!!! NOW.

Anyway, I was thinking of just getting one of thos units I think they call it a li8 or something to get rid of the EQ on the speakers, then put 2 1000 watt Infinity subs in the trunk.

No idea how I'm gona run the wiring though, or where to connect it to.

I wish cars just had RCA or standard headphone jacks in the trunk for all models.

I'm either gona use Infinity subs, or 4+ Bazooka tubes.
Legion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 03:47 PM   #5
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem
Wait actually on that topic what is the best bang for your buck HU for about $220 or under. I know thunder can help me out here, your suggestions for the amp and sub have been awesome so far. Remeber im running my speakers from my HU, i havent bought a amp for them yet, so probably looking at 50x4 minimum. And plays MP3's

ikesound.com has the Panasonic CQ-C8301u for $178. That'll be a great unit for you and offers great expanability later on with external amps (has two 5v 60ohm F/R pre-outs and one 5v 60ohm sub pre-out).

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 03:51 PM   #6
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5
Speaking of which when I get my awesome Benz, I'm gona need to upgrade the sound, as I'm big on that.

A lot of people have said it's REALLY hard to do on a benz because the default system sucks, and I want to keep it looking stock, ie all equipment in the trunk or under the seats and stock head unit.

and yes I'm hijacking your thread.

PUT YOUR ARMS IN THE AIR!!! NOW.

Anyway, I was thinking of just getting one of thos units I think they call it a li8 or something to get rid of the EQ on the speakers, then put 2 1000 watt Infinity subs in the trunk.

No idea how I'm gona run the wiring though, or where to connect it to.

I wish cars just had RCA or standard headphone jacks in the trunk for all models.

I'm either gona use Infinity subs, or 4+ Bazooka tubes.

Both are bad ideas. Bazooka tubes are for the ultimate cheapies who dont want to spend anything on a system and dont want to spend anything on installation. IF you can afford a C32AMG then why buy Bazooka tubes...

Infinity for a benz is only a good idea if you go with their perfect VQ series. There is so much better out there though. Check out Adire Audio Brahmas, Ascendent Audio Avalanches, Eclipse Titaniums and Memphis Mojos.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote