Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2005, 12:34 AM   #1
6000LE
Banned

Headunit with good BASS

IS THIS A GOOD HEADUNIT

I need sometihng that looks fun, and has a good BASS boost because im not sure if the standard Speakers in the 1997 Acura Integra LS are good.
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:35 AM   #2
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE
IS THIS A GOOD HEADUNIT

I need sometihng that looks fun, and has a good BASS boost because im not sure if the standard Speakers in the 1997 Acura Integra LS are good.
I prefer to stay the hell away from all Jensen products. Get a Pioneer, or a Kenwood. They make some really good quality stuff!
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:44 AM   #3
airmanUSN
CF Enthusiast

Alpine is good to but pricey
Old 07-25-2005, 02:05 AM   #4
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

go with Pioneer....

but if you dont wanna drop that kinda money, get a JVC - they have some pretty good looks to them(as it seems to be what you want)

as for the Bass....the deck isn't the biggest factor in that - speakers are a bigger factor, or a Sub
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:08 PM   #5
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE
IS THIS A GOOD HEADUNIT

Not it isnt. And dont be cranking the bass up on your head unit with all stock speakers. All you will be hearing is mud and static.

For a good price look into getting a Panasoinc CQ-C8301u. Ikesound.com has it for around $150-$160. Has 3 5v preouts and it sounds really good when paired with some good coax. You want bass, buy the proper sub for it.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:03 AM   #6
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Not it isnt. And dont be cranking the bass up on your head unit with all stock speakers. All you will be hearing is mud and static.

For a good price look into getting a Panasoinc CQ-C8301u. Ikesound.com has it for around $150-$160. Has 3 5v preouts and it sounds really good when paired with some good coax. You want bass, buy the proper sub for it.

heheh at least we agree on a lot of points t-bird....except you never answered my question
Old 07-27-2005, 04:09 PM   #7
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
heheh at least we agree on a lot of points t-bird....except you never answered my question

What question is that, sorry I have a problem with not checking a lot of threads I posted at...I've been busy too lately with some new goodies...

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=295-545

To be exact.... well x4.

Running 4 of those sealed wired to the 4ohms to my Orion 2500d in my Accord. Just decided to try something new, give my DD3515d's a break

~Blow your mind~

Old 07-28-2005, 02:46 AM   #8
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
What question is that, sorry I have a problem with not checking a lot of threads I posted at...I've been busy too lately with some new goodies...

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=295-545

To be exact.... well x4.

Running 4 of those sealed wired to the 4ohms to my Orion 2500d in my Accord. Just decided to try something new, give my DD3515d's a break

tight. they sound any good?

( http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=14315 )<<<<thanks!
Old 07-28-2005, 03:25 AM   #9
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
tight. they sound any good?

( http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=14315 )<<<<thanks!

Havent built the box yet, but I hooked them up free-air to the amp. It's definatley a change from 2 15s. I have more cone area though (32" compared to 30") so I'll see what they can do as far as SPL, even though I bought these for SQ (going in a 1.4 cu-ft sealed enclosure, .35 a piece).

Quote:
Alright, so I have a Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 3 12" Dual 4 that I'm selling - found a buyer, but he doesn't know much about car audio, so he wants me to look for an amp for him. Now, normally I would go with Kicker or Rockford, but those seem to be a little pricy for him...

So here's my question - I need to find a reliable amp, that has a 4Ohm stable load of at least 400W RMS(power hungry sub takes 500RMS, 1000 Peak) that doesn't cost to much. Now, I am not even going to touch Sony, so don't give me that answer.

Thunderbird - any ideas?

Okay first off, you need that power at 2ohms. Because in a single sub dual 4ohm application you can only wire it to 2ohms or 8ohms. So this means a 2 channel bridged amp wont work (because cheap 2 channel amps arent stable bridged at 2ohms...but they are in stereo). You need to look at a mono D-Class amp for this... Check out these for him...

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1506 (my #1 recoomendation)

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2812 (These new Vibes actually are pretty decent...and cheap)

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2119 (Nicer than the Vibe..I highly recommend this amp as I've had great success with the Directed built line of amps...which includes Viper/Orion/Precision Power/ADS). My friend actually runs this sub in a single type-r (05 model) setup (the Viper version, same amp though). The new Type-R's kick major ass (built like a Type-X...get REALLY loud and sound excellent, he actually went from an older RF Power HX2 to this sub and it's 5x better.

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2552 (Profile makes a decent amp, nothing exciting though, price is right!)

~Blow your mind~

Old 07-28-2005, 06:01 AM   #10
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

is clarion any good at all?

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 06:04 AM   #11
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyundaGuy

for HU's? Not really.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:05 AM   #12
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Okay first off, you need that power at 2ohms. Because in a single sub dual 4ohm application you can only wire it to 2ohms or 8ohms. So this means a 2 channel bridged amp wont work (because cheap 2 channel amps arent stable bridged at 2ohms...but they are in stereo). You need to look at a mono D-Class amp for this... Check out these for him...

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1506 (my #1 recoomendation)

I completely forgot about the dual coils....jesus. Yeah, I'll tell him to get the Brutus - he's getting a great deal on the sub, so he can take it and shove it lol!
Old 07-28-2005, 02:48 PM   #13
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyundaGuy

Clarion makes a very good Head Unit. I'd buy Clarion over a lot of manufacturers...including Alpine, Kenwood and some of the lesser Pioneer models.

~Blow your mind~