Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2004, 04:57 PM   #1
belair55
CF Newbie

55 bel air

i was jus wondering how much an immaculate 1955 chevy bel air would bring in...
it has a 265, with a powerglide. it has no rust, and was completely restored to original. it is an original california car, and it is gypsy red and shoreline beige. it is also a convertible. I was thinkin it wuld bring in about 40-60 grand, but some have told me that u wuld get up to 70 grand in places like arizona, where the car can be driven year-round. It also has never been out in rain. anybody else think differently?
belair55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 07:01 AM   #2
The Godfather
CF Newbie

i dunno if it would bring in that much, but it wouldnt be cheap. depending on miles on the engine and overall condition (assuming it is good) it would be a range of about $15k - $35k. unless it is some sort of rare options it wouldnt even get any where near $70k. the demand for the bel airs just isnt that high.

Lowrider - an '85 Caddy in the very near future ** life in the right lane **
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:47 AM   #3
jake_snake
CF Newbie

your a damn idiot if you think that the 55 bel air isnt wanted people are looking for them like crazy . all they can find is the 210 post but no hardtop bel air and a nice well restored 55 bel air hard top would bring alot way more than 15 to 35 grand my dad has on that is worth 30 and it isnt fully restored yet so what does that tell you!!!!
jake_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 09:00 AM   #4
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_snake
your a damn idiot if you think that the 55 bel air isnt wanted people are looking for them like crazy . all they can find is the 210 post but no hardtop bel air and a nice well restored 55 bel air hard top would bring alot way more than 15 to 35 grand my dad has on that is worth 30 and it isnt fully restored yet so what does that tell you!!!!

way for your introductory post to be a ressurection of a 9 month old thread...TEGGY!!!!! come on down and fire away!
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:18 PM   #5
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:

You're a damn idiot to be coming on here posting on a year old thread and not introducing yourself, not to mention flaming on the first post, real smart you ass belonker
Old 08-19-2005, 03:06 AM   #6
68 Coop
CF Newbie

Quote:
You can build a shoebox from the ground up nowadays, saw it on powerblock tv. Did the whole body in glass, lightened the doors, had the engine from Hell. A MINT 2 door post 55 should bring 30, but not much more, unless the guy has more money that sense. JMHO

68 Coupe
289 (stock)
Edelbrock600/PerformerIntake
Headers/Xpipe/Flowmaster30'sthru2.5"pipe
C4
279gears/8"rear

"Restomod in Progress"
68 Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 03:28 AM   #7
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Coop
You can build a shoebox from the ground up nowadays, saw it on powerblock tv. Did the whole body in glass, lightened the doors, had the engine from Hell. A MINT 2 door post 55 should bring 30, but not much more, unless the guy has more money that sense. JMHO

the original thread opener is llloooooooong gone.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:26 AM   #8
adamc44
CF Freak

yea, that 55 is a pretty rare car. you should be able to get an easy 30$$$ out of it. they are gettting pretty hard to ........heh just F'n with ya......

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 04:27 AM   #9
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamc44
yea, that 55 is a pretty rare car. you should be able to get an easy 30$$$ out of it. they are gettting pretty hard to ........heh just F'n with ya......

thank god adam