HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE
What is the negative thing you can say?
i drive a sleeper
mike likes style
and dimitri likes a blend of both

look.. only negative thing i'm goin' to say to you is.. if it doesn't have atleast a supercharged 6cyl.. or it's not an 8cyl and up.. then it should be a manual..

street racers use manuals to keep there vehicles in the torque band at all times.. when racing anyway.. i don't think automatics were made for that.. just stop and go?

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

Old 07-30-2005, 05:56 PM   #17
fudge
let's fighting love

Stock Autos I'm not so sure about but if you can tweak it so it downshifts and keep at torqueband then you've got a very good setup. Best of both worlds are sequential gearbox but these go for at least 4000.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:06 PM   #18
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge
Stock Autos I'm not so sure about but if you can tweak it so it downshifts and keep at torqueband then you've got a very good setup. Best of both worlds are sequential gearbox but these go for at least 4000.

it's cheaper to have a dogbox and custom clutch made, learn to shift perfectly with one of those and you'll out do any automatic ever produced.

the driver matters most in a manual, that's why it's so much better street racing with a manual because it proves that a driver really does have the know-how or skill to race at a high speed or a really quick corner entry level.

i know that i had friends calling me 'Dancer' because of my quick foot work with left foot braking and heel/toe combo's, i also had the nickname 'Quick Shift' for a while because i was shifting really quickly, up until i blew up my gearbox from throwing shifts to quick

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

Old 07-30-2005, 06:47 PM   #19
6000LE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Yes he would be. You're saying theres no such thing as a riced Supra? Cause I've seen some bad ones, and they have plenty of go.

there is sometihng severly wrong with your brain
if a car is all show no go then its rice
so ur telling me that every car in the fast and the furious and 2 fast 2 furious was rice?
what the **** are you on have you been snorting wassabi?
Old 07-30-2005, 08:45 PM   #20
nsupra27
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE
there is sometihng severly wrong with your brain
if a car is all show no go then its rice
so ur telling me that every car in the fast and the furious and 2 fast 2 furious was rice?
what the **** are you on have you been snorting wassabi?

Yes.

Except the Charger, Camaro, Saleen Mustang, Viper, Corvette.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:18 PM   #21
fudge
let's fighting love

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsupra27
Yes.

Except the Charger, Camaro, Saleen Mustang, Viper, Corvette.

Typical redneck response.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:21 PM   #22
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Typical redneck response.

So people who like good looking cars without stickers and neons and vinyls are rednecks? Wow thats everyone over 12 in intellect.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:29 PM   #23
fudge
let's fighting love

More intelligent than you.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:30 PM   #24
fudge
let's fighting love

Notice how he narrowed out the American cars?
Old 07-30-2005, 09:31 PM   #25
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Now let's calm down here...

Rice, in my personal opinion, is hard to specifically define. My personal view of rice is any car with neons, vinyls, bodykits, and a fart can. Beyond that, there is good and bad, just like anything else. Cars with that, but nothing under the hood, that's bad rice. People that actually improved the go along with the show, that's good rice. Rice does not have to be a derogatory term, although it has become that due to the prevalence of bad rice over good.

I myself am not a fan of the bodykits and all, I'm more of a performance guy. But I certainly don't stoop to the level of many of you who choose to insult what other people do like. That is not only an immature thing to do, but arrogant. Only insecure people feel the necessity to insult what others like to do.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:48 PM   #26
fudge
let's fighting love

But to say all the japanese cars in Fast and Furious is rice is wrong based on your definition of rice. Just because it has outlandish graphics and bodykits you dismiss it.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:52 PM   #27
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
But to say all the japanese cars in Fast and Furious is rice is wrong based on your definition of rice. Just because it has outlandish graphics and bodykits you dismiss it.
Was that referring to me? I don't dismiss anything...

If it is genuinely a good car I give it a chance. While I'm not a fan of the body kits and all I respect the people that do, and I don't stoop to the level of insulting them.

And I'm still not sure why rice has to be a bad term...rice rockets are just another term for the way people modify their cars. Like hotrods and such.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:02 PM   #28
silvia_star
Banned

what is up with you guys with rice? i dont know why you guys call it that, but i think thats a gay word. people have their own style. some goes for looks, and some goes for speed. people who go for looks is probably wondering why people who go with speed, go for speed. and people with speed is probably wondering that, why would people with looks, go for looks. so what, who cares if it has a big wing, a bodykits, or gots the speed. if your gonna diss them, then look at the magazines. that must mean that your dissing them too, right? they got bodykits, vinyls, a wing, and speed. im pretty sure your car is not as fast as theirs...unless you know, you got some bling bling...
Old 07-30-2005, 10:02 PM   #29
fudge
let's fighting love

I didn't say you dismiss it, i was reffering to Nsupra and Oomba.

I feel rice is a bit racist seem as though I'm not from the states. No one uses that term over here in the UK so I guess that's a good thing.

You can't insult people by calling them a hotrodder but you can with ricer. Just like when some arsehole comes up to you and call you a rice picker.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:03 PM   #30
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Well in F&F and 2F2F those cars werent as fast in real life as they looked in the movie(s). They were more to look good/fast then to be fast (more cause its a movie) but they did have some things done to them. The domestics really were faster when tested in real life (atleast most were i think). Its hard to compare real life to movies, its just not the same. And i'm kinda with Hondaman, there isnt really a reason for all 'ricers' to be bad, theres some that are good/tasteful by not going overboard. Everyone has their own opinios, especially when it comes to whats rice and what isnt so peoples viewpoints tend to be about different things. Its better not to argue whos opinion is right and whos isnt thoughm its a lose lose battle.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
Closed Thread