FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 08:15 PM   #46
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
Yeah your right back on topic guys,

Can anyone tell me how to blow the welds on the intake?

Do I have to granny shift not double-clutch to make this happen?

When my laptop says "Danger to manifold" am I on the right track?

No, but when your floor pan drop out at 120 it means you used too much NAWS....
Old 08-01-2005, 07:47 AM   #47
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
No, but when your floor pan drop out at 120 it means you used too much NAWS....

OH OK, so I need NAWS! Better make that two.......

Old 08-01-2005, 02:14 PM   #48
6000LE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem
looks like a del sol eh?

i cant believe this racing team, lol so 2 of the 3 members are racing an automatic? and now a CAI makes you a tiburon killer? lmao this shit is hilarious. neon and rims and hes fastest on the streets

hey you can go screw yourself
where we live all of the other "tuners" just have fart cannons and rims
no performance whatsoever
its easy to see that a civic with a CAI and removed body panels can smoke a civic with a fart cannon
and once i get a turbo in my neon combined with my CPU thats already in there I will smoke anytinhg
and im getting a 5-Speed installed
so suck me off man
my frined mike wrote that nad he ****ed it up making everyoe look unbeatable
when i have the car with the most performance
Old 08-01-2005, 03:49 PM   #49
FordFromHell351
Banned

Where in the hell are the American cars?
Old 08-01-2005, 04:12 PM   #50
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

May I ask why everyone drives a ricer? Why arent there any Mustangs or Camaros on this littl team?

Old 08-01-2005, 04:39 PM   #51
Oomba
Banned

Because Neons and Civics are cheap, and cool to drive in the rice world.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:40 PM   #52
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
May I ask why everyone drives a ricer? Why arent there any Mustangs or Camaros on this littl team?
Because that's what they chose to drive. To each his own.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:44 PM   #53
93ranger
Banned

Just shut the hell up Oomba
Old 08-01-2005, 04:44 PM   #54
Oomba
Banned

Its true.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:45 PM   #55
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Because Neons and Civics are cheap, and cool to drive in the rice world.
Oh look, another insightful comment from our forum idiot.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:45 PM   #56
93ranger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Its true.

NO ITS NOT
Old 08-01-2005, 04:57 PM   #57
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

First off, let me state my opinion that street racing is stupid, regardless of whether it's organized or not. A few stoplight challenges up to the speed limit or so are typical fun stuf, but organizing a team for it is just stupid. take it to a track. It's not THAT hard to do.

Ricer is a term invented by Bryan Hong and the Riceboypage. yes, it's slightly racist, as he's Korean and was making fun of his fellow asians in California in the early '90s when he made up the term. And it was about making a car LOOK fast wihtout actually being fast. And it's about the attitude that looking fast MAKES you fast.

Neon is a modification many ricers do, but it's not about making the car look faster, so it isn't a rice mod per se. It's simply a custom mod, used on everything from street rods to custom trucks.

Automatics were actually great for drag racing, and most drag race musclecars had automatics (though very few got left in stock form). It's not really any harder to modify the trans than it is to mod any part of the engine or suspension, but it seems it's the only part of a car that less informed people think HAS to be left stock. And automatics are great for turbo cars, as teh engin enever has to drop revs during the shift, so they can continue to make boost during the shift.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 08-01-2005, 05:46 PM   #58
6000LE
Banned

everyone bagging on my car can go to hell
how is my car rice when its a sleeper
it looks just like any other neon out ther but performs about 3 times better
and for those asking where the domestics are
my neon is a domestic
and there are no camaros and firebirds here because no normal teenager can afford to keep one as far as gas and insurance goes
so you can keep talking all the shit you want
but until you come to realize that my sleeper car is not a ricer and that my friend who is getting 300 horses soon from his civic is not a ricer either you can go suck shit
mike just has a showoff car
thats his thing
he likes to cruise around
i tihnk f&f and 2f2f made everyone interpret street racing wrong
and by the way i know sections where i live where the speed limit is 40 and me and my frinds are racing around in a pack at about 95-100
i drive fast evrywhere and anyone who tihnks im stuipid should have a reason to back that opinion
not just "civics and neons suck"
Old 08-01-2005, 06:03 PM   #59
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

How about the opinion "keep it on a track?" Sorry, Fast n Furious movies weren't even accurate representations of the scene that had been going on for decades and was stupid then. Keep it on the track where the conditions are controlled. Doesn't matter what time of day or "how well you know the area" street = uncontrolled, surprises, and just plain illegal (and not mildly illegal, but the kind that can actually cause great harm to innocent people). Doing 95-100 in a 45 zone? Absolutely irresponsible. I love fast cars and have had many. I don't agree with the way speed enforcement has become a revenue generating industry. But that kind of behavior is retarded.

Already made my position clear here:

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=11073

And in teh words of Hobo:

"Once again we have another candyass lying to justify the fact that he's not man enough to put his car on the track because we all know only pussies race on the street.

If you spent half as much time and effort trying to do the right thing instead of making up stories to cover for your stupidity, you too could race like an adult."

And even thunderbird1100, who I'v ehad a differnce of opinion or two with, has this very smart thing to say about it:

"If you seriously are INTO cars you would take the correct measures in racing them. Which means getting in the car and using a tank of gas to get to the strip have fun and go back home with some evidence of how fast your car REALLY is. See, at the track, there is usually never any bragging, no BS, just racing. I noticed in the street racing world everyone claims their civic is the fastest thing on 4 wheels. Go to a track, this is where all the talk and BS end. Where you see REAL race cars run REAL times"

No one is "forcing" you to race on the street, simply because no one is "forcing" you to race. If you CHOOSE to race on the street after all the facts given to you, it's because you're a fecking MORON. Can I say it again? MORON. You're too stupid to just control your immature urges.

We're not talking a little goosing it from a light for fun. We're talking street racing, which is a different animal altogether.

Hobo's got it right.

"Responsible street racer" is an oxymoron. Street racing like YOU'RE talking about is for immature kids who don't want a timeslip to prove their 12 second Civic runs 16s.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 08-01-2005, 06:07 PM   #60
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Another good one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman352001
Unfortunately, these people who think street racing can be safe will not learn the lesson until they actually experience it. And even more unfortunate is that somebody is going to have to get hurt, or die for the lesson to sink in.

Thunderbird1100 listed many of the good reasons why not to street race. The point is, at a track, it is a controled environment from start to finish, in a segregated area, usually with a fence around it.

On the street, you have no control over what is happening down the track. All it takes is for that one person to have to go out at night to get his pregnant wife some pickles and ice cream, come to an intersection, and get plowed by a couple of idiots who thought this part of the road was clear.

It is amazing how fast an accident happens. Until you've been in one, you can not understand. It would be great if you could take our word for it. Were not trying to deny you of some special right. Were trying to save your life and the life of some innocent person.

Race on the track. That's what it's there for.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Closed Thread