Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2005, 07:35 AM   #1
FineFastFurious
CF Newbie

Thumbs up Need help with neon lighting...

Yo,
Hey there peeps, it's me Devlin..just wanted to ask you peeps a lil question;
Here it is...I just recently (today) bought a neon kit to make the bottom of my car light up blue..well here's the thing..I took the transformer..(like it says to test the tubes) hooked a light up to it..(Completing that circuit there) and then I hooked the red wire of the transformer to the corresponding red wire that connects to the switch..then the red wire that goes to the batter from the switch. I hooked up the positives first then the negatives..and my neons are still not lighting up...trying to figure out what the hell is going on...it's going on me. Thanks guys...

-Devlin
Old 07-30-2005, 08:52 AM   #2
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

lol, u better not have those on near the coppers, u get ticketed up the bunghole, blue and red neon are illegal. btw u dont need to bring ur wankster crap here, were talkin bout cars here, not Yo DAWG sup with you HOMES.
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem
lol, u better not have those on near the coppers, u get ticketed up the bunghole, blue and red neon are illegal. btw u dont need to bring ur wankster crap here, were talkin bout cars here, not Yo DAWG sup with you HOMES.

STFU nOOb

As for your neon, maybe you just got a bad kit. Double check your wiring, then check your transformer and see if it's blown out (It's happened, A few of my friends had it happen to them). Otherwise, I have no idea. And I hope to god this isn't an Autozone or Best Buy UB kit. Those things suck. They're not bright at all, and they dont last for crap. Don't settle for cheap garbage like that. Spend some money and go with Street Glow, or Plasma Glow. Or for LED kits Street Glow and Flowlighting are ok, but I HIGHLY recomend ICE LED. Very bright, and great quality. Not to mention they keep making more and more stuff for interior accents that pulsate and go with your underbody kits. So they change color the same, flash the same, etc. Hope this helped a little.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 03:11 AM   #4
FineFastFurious
CF Newbie

Thumbs up ...

Yo,
Thanks Satty101. Yeah the kit that I got I bought from NOPI at $149.65 Not a bad price. They are produced by Street Glow..and I know they are a very good brand. Well an update on what's going on..all the neons are in place and hooked up together..finally got the transformer grounded..(Come to find out I didn't have it grounded right and ended up having to get another transformer and switch - Thank god for lifetime warranties!) Anyways..I got it all hooked up..now my only problem is..when I flip the switch the lights will flash once and not come on again...once again it's being but hey yo, Stem..you can quit running yo cock sucker cuz I don't wanna hear what you gotta say. Don't hate on me cuz I'm original and you're not. I don't give a **** if this is a forum or a goddamned civic center for loonies..WHO GIVES A DAMN?! So do yourself a favor and quit judging me..worry about your own life. PS. Not once did I say DAWG...you jackass!

-Devlin
Old 07-31-2005, 12:09 PM   #5
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

cry me a river jackass, u save mor energy by not typing those extra, SUP PEEPS. but i am serisou about the cops, no joke there, my friend got a ticket for his red glows, 5-0 said he looked like an emergency vehicle, so just watch out for that, but u can have them on when ur parked.
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:45 AM   #6
FineFastFurious
CF Newbie

Thumbs up Give Me A Break!

Yo,
You know what..I'm not even gonna worry about what you have to say..because one..I got friends that are 5-0 and they say it's no problem. Secondly..why don't you quit hatin' on me. Give me a break, yo. I'm serious..you'd be better off worrying about your own self than worrying about the way I talk/type. Anyway..since Stem is such a hata, Thanks for the help people. Stem can go to hell

-Devlin
Old 08-03-2005, 01:47 AM   #7
93ranger
Banned

Hey now watch the anger, this is what starts flame wars and then all hell breaks loose, and I swear to god if anyone rags on me for turning soft, I can't do anything about it
93ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 03:22 AM   #8
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93ranger
Hey now watch the anger, this is what starts flame wars and then all hell breaks loose, and I swear to god if anyone rags on me for turning soft, I can't do anything about it
Aww you big 'ol softy, your like bread thats been sitting in water i'm j/k, i understand.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:05 PM   #9
FineFastFurious
CF Newbie

Thumbs up 93Ranger

Yo,
To:93ranger...I understand what you're sayin',yo. It's very honorable of you to try to stop the violence..I'm not a very violent person myself....but if there's some magical way to get "Stem" to understand that I don't care what he has to say about the way I talk..and actually get him to comprehend that..then..more power to ya holmes.
On another note, I'm not knockin' ya and calling you a softy for wanting the flame wars to stop..so - chill

-Devlin
Old 08-03-2005, 11:07 PM   #10
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Alright (just to let you know I was 93ranger but got un banned), but seriously, just stop flamin Stem, he will not understand the picture even if you try your hardest, aight?