Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2005, 05:06 PM   #31
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
There's no assumption when you state it outright. You don't like the V6 because it doesn't offer enough performance. You said so. it's not MEANT for performance, therefore your criticism of it misses the point of the car. Period.

Every insult you fling at the car proves you are incapable of GETTING the point.

You are incapable of seeing the BIG PICTURE.

Just because I dont see it from your perspective doesnt mean you're right I'm wrong. I didnt just say performance... I said performance in its SEGMENT...you consider its segment to be JUST V6 RWD coupes... I dont. So you see how we can get nowhere if we cant agree upon the basics of an argument?

I'll continue to insult every V6 Mustang Ford produces so as long as a FWD sporty car outperforms it in every manner and costs the same or less and sometimes has four doors. That's a pretty damn good insult to Ford if you ask me, if to you it's me not "getting the point"...then so be it to you... I could care less.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:05 PM   #32
72firebird
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino
So... when did the WRX become FWD? As I recall we were talking about AWD versus RWD, which basically negates nearly all of your logic. Your AWD logic is correct but in no way supports your overall argument.

i wasnt saying the wrx as a fwd. i just talking about the general advantages/disadvantages of the different drivetrain set ups. cause we all know 4wd and awd cars arent too good on turning when they got traction unless theyre not sending much power to the front. and i wasnt making an argument. so it looks like you have no logic period
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:07 PM   #33
72firebird
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
Because, when you accelerate, the weight shifts back in the car (just like you get pushed back in the seat). This means that there is more weight over the rear wheels. Traction is directly proportional to the amount of weight on the wheels, so in a rwd, the traction to the drive wheels is increased during acceleration, but in fwd, the traction to the drive wheels is decreased.

thanks for clearing that. i didnt know that that was what caused it. but of course i knew when you accelarate the weight transfers to the back.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:11 PM   #34
72firebird
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge
That lighter cars have an advantage.

lighter cars only have an advantage if they have the ample power to get it moving. its not that lighter cars are better. thats never true. what is true is a car with a higher power/weight ratio is better.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:14 PM   #35
72firebird
Banned

Quote:
Actually, those of us doing engine swaps have found that Ford motors are generally cheaper to do swaps with. And there's a reason the Mustang continued when the Camaro didn't: it was cheaper to make the Mustang quick, with 9-10 second street daily driver mustangs being cheap and easy to build. Some chevy engine parts are cheaper, but as an overall package, it's cheaper to go quick with a Mustang.

i think in the end there about the same. i mean for 5000 you could build both a chevy and a ford with the same amount of power. it just depends on the parts and everything. but when it comes to heads and things like that i think chevy is a little bit cheaper. and ive seen people swap chevy into fords and visa versa all the time.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:28 PM   #36
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
You are incapable of seeing the BIG PICTURE.

Just because I dont see it from your perspective doesnt mean you're right I'm wrong. I didnt just say performance... I said performance in its SEGMENT...you consider its segment to be JUST V6 RWD coupes... I dont. So you see how we can get nowhere if we cant agree upon the basics of an argument?

That's because I'm not a hondaboy. I don't see FWD coupes as direct competition for RWD coupes, and neither does the f*cking industry. I also know what the 4 and 6 cylinder Mustang's stated mission has been since 1964, and it fills that role exactly. You can make up whatever competition sscenario you want, but it's YOU who doesn't see "the big picture" if you think being faster than anything else is part of what the low end Mustang has EVER been about, or was supposed to be about.

It simply doens't HAVE to be faster than what it is to be competetive in it's market, which is why it SELLS so well.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:17 PM   #37
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Flame thread....
Old 08-03-2005, 09:45 PM   #38
Bino
Written Off

Quote:
Actually, that's one of the reasons the live axle was retained. Ford knows the popularity of the Mustang GT centers around it's drag race prowess these days, and they know what the aftermarket does with them.

I really had no idea they were popular for drag racing... learn something new everyday. I talked to a guy that worked at a speed shop with a "heavily modified" Cobra 5.0 that was running a 13.2 or something... which I deem slow as hell, so I wrote them off. He must have just been a poor driver.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:48 PM   #39
Bino
Written Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72firebird
i wasnt saying the wrx as a fwd. i just talking about the general advantages/disadvantages of the different drivetrain set ups. cause we all know 4wd and awd cars arent too good on turning when they got traction unless theyre not sending much power to the front. and i wasnt making an argument. so it looks like you have no logic period

Yes, you were making an irrelevant argument. Possibly just so you could hear yourself speak. I'm very aware of what the different drivetrains offer. But I'm glad you learned something in your first day of Drivetrains 101 class.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:50 PM   #40
72firebird
Banned

when you say highly modified is that exterioraly or perfomance? cause if its performance modded quite a bit and hes only running 13s its deffinatly driver. he probably cant get off the line without spinning his tires. that and it depends on what kind of tires he was using and what kind of traction he was getting. but yea if i were you thatd write of mustangs as performance cars to me too.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:51 PM   #41
72firebird
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino
Yes, you were making an irrelevant argument. Possibly just so you could hear yourself speak. I'm very aware of what the different drivetrains offer. But I'm glad you learned something in your first day of Drivetrains 101 class.

no my argument made sense. not to a dumbass like you. its not my fault your not compitent enough to see the big picture.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:55 PM   #42
72firebird
Banned

maybe ill brake it down for you so you could understand alright. rwd car go vroom vroom and is good for straight line and can handle much heavy power. fwd cars go brruuuummm and dont go so good in straight line but better in twisty turns. awd/4wd go bruuum or vrooom and go fast in straight lines better than other cars but handle turns worse than both (with traction) there maybe you can understand that. or does my lil nephew need to teach it you . maybe id help hearing from someone your own age
Old 08-03-2005, 09:57 PM   #43
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Just chill out
Old 08-03-2005, 10:02 PM   #44
72firebird
Banned

i know this guy is just so annoying.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:04 PM   #45
99integra