Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2005, 06:23 PM   #1
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

2005 C230 Sports Sedan 33k after taxes/everything, good deal?

Ok, With the options it has on the Mercedes Benz site, it's about 34,590 ish.

I'm not sure if this is a good deal, it's 2500$ off of standard cost, but it is a 2005 not a 2006. What do you guys think. Only 200 horspower though.

In terms of reliability I'm not sure.

I could get a 2002 C32 for the same price, with a 125k/7 year something Bumper to Bumper waranty.

Same car, 90% more horsepower.

What do you think is better?

Also if I do get a C32 instead of this, where is a site I can find the sports sedan's default rims? I want it to look stock, not AMG (the po po).
Legion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:07 PM   #2
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

bumpy mc bump
Old 08-04-2005, 05:18 PM   #3
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5
Ok, With the options it has on the Mercedes Benz site, it's about 34,590 ish.

I'm not sure if this is a good deal, it's 2500$ off of standard cost, but it is a 2005 not a 2006. What do you guys think. Only 200 horspower though.

In terms of reliability I'm not sure.

I could get a 2002 C32 for the same price, with a 125k/7 year something Bumper to Bumper waranty.

Same car, 90% more horsepower.

What do you think is better?

Also if I do get a C32 instead of this, where is a site I can find the sports sedan's default rims? I want it to look stock, not AMG (the po po).

I wouldnt get a Merecedes period...

But if you insist at least get the C32 AMG.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:42 PM   #4
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

That's what most people say, but once you go German everything else is like a tin can with axels bolted on.

I think i've decided if the dealer does't do 30,500k then I'm just going to get the C32.

Still wondering about oppinions.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:04 PM   #5
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5
That's what most people say, but once you go German everything else is like a tin can with axels bolted on.

I think i've decided if the dealer does't do 30,500k then I'm just going to get the C32.

Still wondering about oppinions.
Why bother spending even that much on a C230? It gets outperformed in every category by such cars as the TSX and TL...and both cost less. Dont even pull the 'well I want a RWD car...'. Who cares? The TSX and TL will both run circles around a RWD C230... Plus the interior quality in the TSX/TL is better than even most E-Class Merecedes (not a tin can...).

~Blow your mind~

Old 08-05-2005, 05:55 PM   #6
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

I would have to agree that if you couldnt afford the C32 and were only looking at the C230...I'd opt for the TSX anyday.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:35 PM   #7
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

So bassicaly only the C32 is worth it, hmmm.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:47 PM   #8
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Remember, when looking at cars, personal preferences and subjective qualities like styling or whatever are not important. Only raw numbers in magazine performance tests. Whatever would make a 15 year old adrenaline junky become ecstatic are the things that determine whether a car is good or not for you.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:30 PM   #9
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

Almost 25 here...so I am not 15 but I still look for a car that will excite me and not bore me to death
Old 08-05-2005, 10:01 PM   #10
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISSANSPDR
Almost 25 here...so I am not 15 but I still look for a car that will excite me and not bore me to death

Of course, not to offend. I forgot that anything that isn't a complete and utter race car for the street is utterly boring, and only the cars at the top of each calss will keep you from fallihng asleep at the wheel.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 08-05-2005, 10:59 PM   #11
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Of course, not to offend. I forgot that anything that isn't a complete and utter race car for the street is utterly boring, and only the cars at the top of each calss will keep you from fallihng asleep at the wheel.

Witty posts Chris... (not really...)

By outperforming...I didnt mean JUST handling/power, but ALSO stated the interior is nicer. Of course exterior styling is subjective...duh.

What's wrong with saying the TSX and TL outperform in the C230 in every aspect...including price, interior quality, reliability, handling, acceleration and in MY opinion (look Chris...it's an OPINION, I might have to watch out...) looks better on the outside.

I was just recommending two better cars. But now I see you're going to try and hound every post I make form now on...just give it up...

~Blow your mind~

Old 08-05-2005, 11:14 PM   #12
Slapshot
CF Enthusiast

Or you could get a used 7 series or not...

Bantam "A" team: Oakland Bears (Ice)

Bantam "AA" team: NorCal Rush (In-Line)

A+ Girlfriend

Damn I got it made
Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:17 PM   #13
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Don't be offended, I was agreeing with you.

"Dont even pull the 'well I want a RWD car...'. Who cares?"

See, this is brilliant insight into how to deal with what OTHER people want. I want to be more like that. I want to eschew personal preferences that are subjective, and ONLY judge what's best and what someone else might want to live with and be happy with based on a few magazine performance numbers. it's so much simpler, because you don't have to actually think. The editors already did it for you when they wrote the mubers down.

I mean, you've shown me the error of my ways. I can't believe I ever enjoyed driving my Fiat, as it's slower than a Miata. I can't possibly see where any pride of ownership might come into play in anything as much older and cruder and slower as it is. So I won't make the mistake of recommending anything based on anything but actual performance numbers (even if the differences are so small that daily driving may not usually show them off, even a minor difference between two considerd cars means one is absolute heaven and the other is utter crap. Thanks again for showing us all how that works) and not how certain lines, forms and styling cues might make an owner like owning their car.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 08-06-2005, 04:50 PM   #14
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Don't be offended, I was agreeing with you.

"Dont even pull the 'well I want a RWD car...'. Who cares?"

See, this is brilliant insight into how to deal with what OTHER people want. I want to be more like that. I want to eschew personal preferences that are subjective, and ONLY judge what's best and what someone else might want to live with and be happy with based on a few magazine performance numbers. it's so much simpler, because you don't have to actually think. The editors already did it for you when they wrote the mubers down.

I mean, you've shown me the error of my ways. I can't believe I ever enjoyed driving my Fiat, as it's slower than a Miata. I can't possibly see where any pride of ownership might come into play in anything as much older and cruder and slower as it is. So I won't make the mistake of recommending anything based on anything but actual performance numbers (even if the differences are so small that daily driving may not usually show them off, even a minor difference between two considerd cars means one is absolute heaven and the other is utter crap. Thanks again for showing us all how that works) and not how certain lines, forms and styling cues might make an owner like owning their car.

You keep proving over and over you completely missed my point...and probably will continue to do so...OVER and OVER... sad to see someone of your stature do this to yourself.

~Blow your mind~

Old 08-06-2005, 07:33 PM   #15
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

Chris,

Just b/c your Fiat is slower than a Miata doesnt mean anything. It looks better and it's Italian, so definitely have much pride in your ride. Plus it has a classic car feel to it that the Miata will probably never achieve.

And as to only the top of the line cars/fastest cars in the lineup are the ones that will excite...they do benefit in many ways from better suspension, tire choices, gear ratios sometimes, transmissions, and of coruse performance. Is there anything wrong w/wanting that or looking for a good overall package?