Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2005, 03:12 AM   #1
6000LE
Banned

Honda Civic argument

This argument on the forum has gone on long enough.
Honda Civic.
Race car, or economy car?
It can be both
Civics are chosen by teenagers because they are cheap, good on gas, rather insurance frinedly, and there is a plethera or aftermarket parts for them, so they are easily personalized.
Civics can also be an economy car. My mom had one, and she just used it the way any mom would. Daily travel.

Now let me just state my view here you all can follow up with intelligent or smartass remarks like some are known for.

Civic is a great car for teenagers, becuase it allows for customization. So does the Eclipse, 3000GT, and others in that group, but lets face the fact that not everyone can afford those other cars.

Also I believe that F&F and 2F2F gave people the wrong idea about racing. Racing is not always money based. Where I live it is done for respect and fun. People think that just becuase their car has a spoiler, body kit, rims, sound system, and a cold air intake system and fart cannon, they are gona be kings of the streets. I made the mistake of being a smartass about my neon (which is stock the whole thing was just a joke to see reactions positive and negative and i mostly got just one kind - ), and now I feel stupid in front of ChrisV and others who showed me that I was just an arrogant prick. So here is my post. Tell me what you think. Oomba I know you hate civics but just please state your opinion, and dont use SCAA pictures, because noone thats 16-25 has that kind of money to blow.
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:14 AM   #2
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE
rather insurance frinedly

not necessarily. for certain age groups its more expensive to own a civic than say a g35c
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:26 AM   #3
Slapshot
CF Enthusiast

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...3&aff=national

Why even bother with a civic?

Bantam "A" team: Oakland Bears (Ice)

Bantam "AA" team: NorCal Rush (In-Line)

A+ Girlfriend

Damn I got it made
Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:30 AM   #4
6000LE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot

See this is what im talking about. I want people to post their opinions, and not just stereotype. Like you dindt say that Civic sucks eevn thoguht u might have meant it, but you gave a reason (Porsche). I like the way you think. And let me answer that. I said that people in the age group of 16-25. How many of them can afford that? My supervisor has a 05 TL that i drove today and its nice. But back to work, its a valid argument, just not for the exact statement I proposed. Keep up the good work I like your tihnking.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:33 AM   #5
6000LE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
not necessarily. for certain age groups its more expensive to own a civic than say a g35c

If you are between 16 and 25. I dont seem to catch that. isnt that an infinity, or a "luxury car". I got a quote for a civic (142 a month) and for a Maxima (220 a month), and thats Liability with limited tort. Difference is large to me sonsidering i am just turning 17, but i guess for someone who is like 22+ and is done with college and has a good job, it wont really hit them as hard as it will hit me. And in the end my Neon costs me 120 a month for liability with limited tort. Its all just a matter of what kinda money you have I suppose.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:58 AM   #6
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Oh no these threads just start arguments...

However, on topic. The Civic can be made into a race car, and quite a good one at that...however....

There are several cars that can be made into fast little racers for far less. Or, as someone pointed out, you can get an older performance car for a good price also.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:01 AM   #7
6000LE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
Oh no these threads just start arguments...

However, on topic. The Civic can be made into a race car, and quite a good one at that...however....

There are several cars that can be made into fast little racers for far less. Or, as someone pointed out, you can get an older performance car for a good price also.

that is also right. But I am not sure how much customizing you can do to these cars. I can go get a Boneville SSEI 3.8L turbo and that thing is fast, but i cant do anything to it but rims and sound.
i guess its a matter of perspective
and if the thread gets out of control Bav will see and close it or i will ask him to
Old 08-04-2005, 04:16 AM   #8
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
I can go get a Boneville SSEI 3.8L turbo and that thing is fast, but i cant do anything to it but rims and sound.
Engine swap.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:41 AM   #9
chloroform
CF Newbie

sure you could make a civic into a race car, but that costs money? and to make a civic into a true race car you'd need to spend so much money to bring it up to par it would kind of defeat the purpose of them being a good deal.
chloroform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:31 AM   #10
Oomba
Banned

Civics are horribly ugly cars. If someone is into tuning cars, you would think to start with a more attractive platform. Not to mention theyre slow.

PS- Eclipses arent expensive
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:31 AM   #11
SloMoBullet
CF Newbie

a lot of people get the wrong idea that civics aren't fast and they are mostly used for shows. and here i do see a lot of teens giving their civics huge wings and bodykits, not that i ahve anythign against that. but i do like to point out (and correct me if im wrong) the world's quickest/fastest drag car is a honda civic tuned by the AEM team. it does 6.54 @ 211.8mph and to that. that is wow. shows you that civics arent jsut show cars.. anyways to do that u need a lot of money and its kinda off topic here.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:01 AM   #12
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

civic's are great cars to learn how to drive in, to save money on fuel in and also to have a little fun with other slower hatchbacks (hyundai excel's, ford laser's, nissan pulsars etc...)

civic's are good cars, i don't hate them, but i don't love them... i would honestly much rather a hyundai excel over a civic but that's just me... i don't care what other people think... OH.. and to you lying about your neon.. well.. that's sad mate.. really sad.. i own a hyundai excel that's a peice of shit and i'm honest about it.. i don't need to lie to 'be cool'.

all in all, civic's are good car's, people that need a economic car that's fun to drive, go out and get one, people who hate civic's, go out and get something like a stang or a charger, whatever rocks your jocks.

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:51 PM   #13
fudge
let's fighting love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Civics are horribly ugly cars. If someone is into tuning cars, you would think to start with a more attractive platform. Not to mention theyre slow.

PS- Eclipses arent expensive

Yeah and you know better than the folks at Spoon racing
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:15 PM   #14
6000LE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyundaGuy
civic's are great cars to learn how to drive in, to save money on fuel in and also to have a little fun with other slower hatchbacks (hyundai excel's, ford laser's, nissan pulsars etc...)

civic's are good cars, i don't hate them, but i don't love them... i would honestly much rather a hyundai excel over a civic but that's just me... i don't care what other people think... OH.. and to you lying about your neon.. well.. that's sad mate.. really sad.. i own a hyundai excel that's a peice of shit and i'm honest about it.. i don't need to lie to 'be cool'.

all in all, civic's are good car's, people that need a economic car that's fun to drive, go out and get one, people who hate civic's, go out and get something like a stang or a charger, whatever rocks your jocks.

your signature is wrong man
i can drive auto but i cant really drive stick
:crap:
Old 08-04-2005, 02:38 PM   #15
fudge
let's fighting love

Quote:
your signature is wrong man
i can drive auto but i cant really drive stick
:crap:

It's the other way round for me. I've only driven manuals and have hardly driven autos.
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote