Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2005, 11:53 PM   #31
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

I guess that's my other problem. I don't care to be a know it all. Never did. I was only interested in cars and leaning more. I was always helping my dad repair something, or buiklding model cars, or reading car magazines from teh moment I could read. ANYTHING that had to do with cars, new or old, fast or slow, stock or modified. I steered from my dad's lap from when I was only 5 (in his renault 4CV, a tiny little car). I started autocossing the moment I got my license. it's always been my passion. Whenever I was in the presence of people that knew more than me, I just listened and watched and learned. I never had the option of the anonymity of the web, and I never saved proof that was web enabled just on the off chance that some idiot punk would question it or argue with it.

it's no fun anymore, and a hobby is supposed to be fun, or you don't do it.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:00 AM   #32
Wally
I Know More Than You

Does that mean you won't be talking to me ever again?
Old 08-06-2005, 12:05 AM   #33
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

I guess my response in the Mustang/WRX thread answers that...

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 08-06-2005, 05:40 AM   #34
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

Chris, obviously more people would prefer you be yourself and not the "Mellow, neutral Chris" that you are now. A lot of people need flaming. Heck, I used to completely disagree with you on things. And you flamed the hell out of me . And now I realize what you said was right and that I was just being ignorant and/or stupid.

I'm a great example of why CF needs the old you.

BTW, I think it's funny that we can all tell what you really think through your sarcasm .

Example:
Quote:
Oombah, youre right. Changing a car that the gods originally made in any way shape or form other than to make it faster (especially if you can't use any of that speed on the street) is stupid. And making a car faster is only worthwhile if it's already too fast to start with. Art, artistic expresssion, and kinetic sculpture is pointless. Youre lack of creativity and artistic ability, and hatreed of anyone who shows an aptitude for it as it relates to cars is indeed the way of the light.

importluver, youre right, too. When it comes to cars, rotaries were built by the hand of God, himself, and anyone who changes one out for an inferior piston engine is a heathen and should be shot. Just because it costs less to go faster and still work better in the chassis is no excuse for destroying utterly the work of the Lord.

CF has been falling apart lately, the last thing we need is our loyal active members to be giving in to what other people want and not what you want

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac

Last edited by TurboLag : 08-06-2005 at 05:43 AM.
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 05:59 AM   #35
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
CF has been falling apart lately, the last thing we need is our loyal active members to be giving in to what other people want and not what you want

How do you figure? It's actually picking up. The days I joined, it was rare if more than three people were on at the same time. Now it's pretty common to see at least 10 online.

As for ChrisV...what the hell did these punks do? Well, I know what they did...but wow! I remember having an opinon about a Corvette early when you started. We had a tiff, but I think we worked through it.

One can always expect an accurate and honest answer from ChrisV! "New" or "old"...

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:28 PM   #36
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
How do you figure? It's actually picking up. The days I joined, it was rare if more than three people were on at the same time. Now it's pretty common to see at least 10 online.

When I said that I meant that I noticed a few people leaving for no good reason or changing the way they act. Not necessarily going to pieces.

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:51 PM   #37
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

I think I need to go back to this. Theunderbird 1100 is getting mad at me for telling him teh same thing he tells Oombah, oombah is continuing to be a complete retard, and a few other long term members have completely forgotten it.

It's STILL more about having opinions and keeping your preconcieved notions than actually learning anything. So you guys are right. About everything, even if they contradict each other.

Have a nice day.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 09-27-2005, 02:29 AM   #38
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

ChrisV, personally I like listening to what you have to say, although I don't always agree with it 100%. I think a little conversation, a little argument helps to keep topics open, and helps people look at things differently. I don't mind the less educated, more opinionated members, because once in a while they'll surprise you, and when they aren't, at least the give us something to argue or learn about. If we all knew everything, there wouldn't be a discussion.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:05 AM   #39
JaneiR36
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
So I'm not going to run the risk of offending those who've held so tightly to their unfounded opinions.

Aww, hell. Break out the violins

haha... just messin' with ya, ChrisV. I don't really see where all this is coming from, though, I thought ya liked kickin' ass
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:46 AM   #40
lectroid
0000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I don't know why I even give a sh*t about making sure people actually know anything. Maybe I'm just looking for people worthy of respect.
Pretty damn funny(not) There are not many of these fourteen year old kids that will give anyone respect. You have my upmost respect and graditude for what you keep on trying to do.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:44 PM   #41
Inygknok
El del Supra

i hate to sound like a complete suck up like the rest of ya ( ), so im gonna try to type this a bit different (no offense... suck ups )

i guess chris is just having one of those.... male periods... u know, those few days we guys have that we make as little sense as women do 24/7. or just the mid-age crisis.....

anyhow, i actually understand (mostly) wat he's trying to say. its pretty annoying to be sorrounded by idiots (as i like to call them since i dont know how to be anything else other than frank and bluntly honest). sure, everyone is bound to disagree at some point or another. its normal. yet, sometimes people just cross the line so far it just gets on your nerves. for example, yesterday i had an accounting test which i hadnt studied for, but all the questions were logical true or false questions (which i finished in 10 minutes). later on, the whole damn class kept asking me for the answers cuz they didnt pay any attention. in fact, the professor left for a few minutes and i decided to help them out a bit. but he came back and he knew i know the material, so he stood on the door watching over me. those morons actually had the balls to keep asking me for the answers and didnt care if i failed thanks to them.

i guess chrisv is just tired of taking the heat just cuz others are too selfish to admit their mistakes and pay for them.

btw, be an ass again. i actually like u when u are an ass. helps me practice so when i have to go visit my dad-in-law and put up with him when hes in a bad mood and starts complaining and making me do HIS dirty dishes..... in fact, the 2 of ya are a bit similar. 2 "old" (since i know u hate being called old too, or at least i bet so) males that ARE actually very intelligent and are just fed up with the ignorance in the world.

the only thing im gonna keep disagreeing with u is that old discussion we had about the real life stuff.... but this is an automotive forum so its pretty much irrelevant

PS: u never told me u would help me build my own ems u asshole

just kidding

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:21 PM   #42
JaneiR36
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
i guess chris is just having one of those.... male periods... u know, those few days we guys have that we make as little sense as women do 24/7. or just the mid-age crisis.....

You do know women probably want to slap you everytime you open your mouth, right? Unless, of course, you're doing something a little more worthwhile with it...
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:21 PM   #43
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
You do know women probably want to slap you everytime you open your mouth, right? Unless, of course, you're doing something a little more worthwhile with it...
want to? they actually do it! still, my female friends have gotten used to it. they know im just kidding (pfft). im not really a machist.... i just like the humor (in fact, i also enjoy feminist humor. its creative to a blonde point). usually, my girlfriend just comes up with a funny way to make me feel inferior anyhow..... i love her

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.

Last edited by Inygknok : 09-27-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 05:45 PM   #44
Spencer
CF Enthusiast

Arrow

I say stay, I dont know anything so I cant have an opinion. Sides I still cant figure out which intake the VW guys were trying to get me to buy
Old 09-27-2005, 06:22 PM   #45
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
Aww, hell. Break out the violins

haha... just messin' with ya, ChrisV. I don't really see where all this is coming from, though, I thought ya liked kickin' ass

Actually, I don't like it. I'd prefer it if people didn't constantly try to compete as to who can be more closed minded. I tried for years to help people nicely and it doesn't work. Even in threads here, I give calm refutation to mistaken notions, and when the facts get ignored (usually by someone trying to be insulting) I find it's much more theraputic to go off on them. But then they are all like, "But it was just my opionion . Why are you so mean to me? I didn't do anything but state my opinion."

I'm just tired of it. I started this thread a while ago with the last go around of idiocy, but people like Oomba, thunderbird1100, and others just continue to be closed minded asses that decided that insulting the cars that aren't their favorites isn't enough: now anyone giving them the facts, calmly or otherwise is the object of ridicule. Thunderbird goes off on Oomba for being closed minded, then gets pissed at ME for telling HIM the same exact thing.

Then someone who even in THIS thread said he understands and doesn't want to be counted in that group, goes and acts EXACTLY the same. What he sees in his own little school town is apparently not only enough to make an opinon on, it's enought for him to argue that his opinion is not only valid EVERYwhere, but more important to have than to actually learn anything. THAT'S the bullshit that I'm tired of. Not that people don't know anything. Hell, I admit when I don't know something all the time (look at Inygknok's EMS thread for a prime example). But when they intentionally refuse to learn something so they can retain an ignorant, insulting opinion of something.

www.midatlantic7s.com