Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2005, 07:31 PM   #46
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Then someone who even in THIS thread said he understands and doesn't want to be counted in that group, goes and acts EXACTLY the same. What he sees in his own little school town is apparently not only enough to make an opinon on, it's enought for him to argue that his opinion is not only valid EVERYwhere, but more important to have than to actually learn anything. THAT'S the bullshit that I'm tired of. Not that people don't know anything. Hell, I admit when I don't know something all the time (look at Inygknok's EMS thread for a prime example). But when they intentionally refuse to learn something so they can retain an ignorant, insulting opinion of something.
I never argued that it is valid everywhere. You convinced me it is not, but the problem still exists here. THAT is what I don't like about it.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:43 PM   #47
JaneiR36
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
want to? they actually do it! still, my female friends have gotten used to it. they know im just kidding (pfft). im not really a machist.... i just like the humor (in fact, i also enjoy feminist humor. its creative to a blonde point). usually, my girlfriend just comes up with a funny way to make me feel inferior anyhow..... i love her

haha.. just had a hard time figuring you out because one minute you are posting something borderline sweet about your Mama, and the next you're back to your old ways. I finally snapped
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:59 PM   #48
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
haha.. just had a hard time figuring you out because one minute you are posting something borderline sweet about your Mama, and the next you're back to your old ways. I finally snapped
hehe, sorry about that. IRL, im that guy that can be extremely serious and quiet one minute, and just start joking around the next. im actually very calm, but i have very little patience (working on it, slowly but surely). howver, like ive said, i dont like to see people sad, or angry, or arguing, etc., so i just fool around and try to make everyone either happy or at least comprehensive of the given situation.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:43 PM   #49
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
hehe, sorry about that. IRL, im that guy that can be extremely serious and quiet one minute, and just start joking around the next. im actually very calm, but i have very little patience (working on it, slowly but surely). howver, like ive said, i dont like to see people sad, or angry, or arguing, etc., so i just fool around and try to make everyone either happy or at least comprehensive of the given situation.
By the sounds of it i am kind of the same way

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:44 PM   #50
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
I never argued that it is valid everywhere. You convinced me it is not, but the problem still exists here. THAT is what I don't like about it.

Then dislike the local problem, not the vehicles being used.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:00 PM   #51
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Then dislike the local problem, not the vehicles being used.
I DO, but the problem is...when you see something happening often enough the mind becomes conditioned into viewing things a certain way...making me very suspicious each time I see a large SUV that even shows the slightest hint that the driver is about to do something stupid. I don't like them because every time I encounter one on the road I'm worrying about what the stupid college-age driver inside is going to do next.

It's much like an early psychological example of conditioning a dog to drool every time it hears a bell. If you associate that sound with food for an extended period of time, then even when no food is presented and the dog knows it won't get any food, it drools anyway. Similarly, when people associate one thing with another (i.e. SUVs and reckless driving) for an extended period of time, then that person becomes conditioned to react in a certain way to the instigator, whether or not the expected consequence occurs.

I know that all SUV drivers aren't reckless...even inside my own town. But being constantly exposed to those that are have conditioned me to react this way.

Last edited by hondaman : 09-28-2005 at 02:35 PM.
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:28 PM   #52
Oomba
Banned

Respect is given where its due Chris, learn that.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:09 PM   #53
JaneiR36
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba

You're an idiot.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:44 PM   #54
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba

F*cking moron, you can't get basic cause and effect right.

I respect those worthy of respect. You forget, I only RESPOND to your idiocy and insulting behaviour, I don't start it. So if you want respct, you need to act respctful first, or you're going to see the responses from me that I give you.

Start to actually USE your brain, and you'll not be seeing my responses this way.

The problem is you want to remain able to BE insulting and closed minded, you just want me to stop responding to your insults.

Retard.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 09-28-2005, 02:48 PM   #55
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
I DO, but the problem is...when you see something happening often enough the mind becomes conditioned into viewing things a certain way...

I know that all SUV drivers aren't reckless...even inside my own town. But being constantly exposed to those that are have conditioned me to react this way.

If you know this, then you're smart enough to 1) undo the conditioning when presented with larger facts, since it really doesn't match reality, and 2) not ARGUE that your perception is right even when you know it isn't.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 09-28-2005, 04:13 PM   #56
DodgeRida67
Banned

ChrisV,

You can't expect people to listen to what you have to say and not argue about it with such a rough attitude. Even though you are right, you have to stop being an asshole about what is right and what is wrong. It really is that simple. State your facts and move on. It's that easy. There is no reason for anyone to argue. You or them. It's not a matter of you being right, or you being wrong, or the same for them on that matter. It has nothing to do with you, so state your facts and move on.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 04:15 PM   #57
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
If you know this, then you're smart enough to 1) undo the conditioning when presented with larger facts, since it really doesn't match reality
Nah, I think I'll remain defensive. Helps keep me out of accidents.

Quote:
and 2) not ARGUE that your perception is right even when you know it isn't.

Fine, I'll change my view. I don't dislike SUVs, I dislike the feeling I get when I see one. Better?

Anything to end this silly, pointless argument.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:57 PM   #58
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
ChrisV,

You can't expect people to listen to what you have to say and not argue about it with such a rough attitude. Even though you are right, you have to stop being an asshole about what is right and what is wrong. It really is that simple. State your facts and move on. It's that easy. There is no reason for anyone to argue. You or them. It's not a matter of you being right, or you being wrong, or the same for them on that matter. It has nothing to do with you, so state your facts and move on.
thats wat he said he would do........

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 08:41 PM   #59
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

do you want an e-hug?

yeah people suck. people have those opinions. and some should become death dumb and parapalegic. but they dont. so, you deal.

example in point.

i like my rotaries. but im not going to treat it like a religion! there is a 350 from a truck we are scrapping i might be putting into an FB. because it would be fun. why the hell not. I can still drive a rotary and piston car.

keep in mind that alot of people read the intellegent posts. much more than those who post the retard crap. and those are the ones who might even learn the most from it. the outsiders who doesnt really have a firm opinon. they see you as knowing what your talking about while one or more jackass's run their keyboard.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:06 PM   #60
JaneiR36
CF Freak

Quote:
Anything to end this silly, pointless argument.

Oh please. The only reason anyone responds to anything on this forum is because they want to. Don't act like you're all high and mighty when you like discussing and responding just like the rest of us.

YEAH my post was pointless