Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2005, 02:15 AM   #1
MarkPNeyer
CF Newbie

2002 Chevrolet Impala Dashboard Removal (And general Maintainence)

Hi, my name is Mark P Neyer. I'm new to these forums. I'd like a place to learn about car maintenance and care because I don't know as much about cars as I should.

In december of 2004, I purchased a 2002 Chevy Imapa (3.0 Liter Auto Transmission) through my girlfriend's father. This car formerly belonged to a sales person at his company, and had a cell-phone mount device installed. From the looks of it, it's a way to connect your cell-phone to an internal microphone and speaker in the car. I called the company about having them get rid of this thing for me, but they never got back to me. It's been sitting in there for a while and I think it's about time for me to get rid of it.

The problem is that there is wiring running from the microphone through the dashboard and coming out at several locations in the car - there's a speaker mounted on the floor, between the passenger and driver seats under the dashboard, as well as a microphone on the driver's side, next to the sun-visor thing. Is there some way I can get a manual that would tell me how to remove the dashboard and take this stuff out, or does that sound like a job best left to a professional?

In addition to removing that microphone thing, I'd like to have 'work' done on my car - maintainence or repair or whatever it is that cars need done to keep them working. I've gotten the oil changed every 4,500 miles, and the car hasn't given me any issues, but I'm under the impression that you're supposed to do other things to the car in order to keep it running smoothly. I have no idea what needs to be done, though. What are some good preventative maitenance steps I could take to keep my car running well? I'd like to do them myself if possible, both to save money and because I think I'd enjoy the processs.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
MarkPNeyer is offline   Reply With Quote